The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bland brands

Go down 
+3
andrema
PoliMalaka
Anomaly
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Bland brands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Many of the most respected brands in the world are considered to be "bland" as far as visual impact is concerned.
Sometimes you need to look a little further than a colorful bezel and a busy dial to find the allure of a classic Patek or a vintage Hamilton.

The Mona Lisa is rather "bland" too, at first glance.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:31 pm

foghorn wrote:
Many of the most respected brands in the world are considered to be "bland" as far as visual impact is concerned.
Sometimes you need to look a little further than a colorful bezel and a busy dial to find the allure of a classic Patek or a vintage Hamilton.

The Mona Lisa is rather "bland" too, at first glance.
GREAT POINT FOGGY!!! I totally agree!

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:33 pm

thats what where here for mark to discuss watches, whats right for you might not be for me. scratch that we have the same taste in wrist wear!!! Bee suit, friggin priceless Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Bland brands - Page 2 Suit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Just in the past week a co-worker grabbed my arm to look at my Seiko OM and just today another asked me about my NFW Autopilot. I have had the AP for a long time now and the Seiko for a couple months and I work with these guys daily. Guess they just noticed. He did ask what NFW was and I told him, he didnt belive me. Oh and both of them asked how much they cost. I just said there not wally world pricing.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:42 pm

I hope noone gets their BVDs in a bind but I've got to mention UTS, Doxa and Panerai. Just not seeing the allure of those things (maybe someone who owns one ought to borrow me one for a while-maybe I would see the light.)

Last edited by merichar on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 pm

flhjim wrote:
He did ask what NFW was and I told him, he didnt belive me.

I'm pretty ignorant about them, so, I'll believe you, what does NFW mean?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 pm

porschefan wrote:
flhjim wrote:

Jim does'nt appear to be on now so I'll answer. NFW stands for Nautical Fox Watches. George Fox owns the company and a furniture design company also. Some people on the forums refer to them as Nice F*ck%n Watches also. George really puts a lot of design work into the watches and takes good care of his customers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:40 pm

merichar wrote:
porschefan wrote:
flhjim wrote:

Jim does'nt appear to be on now so I'll answer. NFW stands for Nautical Fox Watches. George Fox owns the company and a furniture design company also. Some people on the forums refer to them as Nice F*ck%n Watches also. George really puts a lot of design work into the watches and takes good care of his customers.

Thanks, Mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 am

boscoe wrote:
There are plenty of brands people rave about that are just bland to me. These are brands I do not dislike, just companies I can do without. Here's my limited list:

1. Croton
2. Fossil
3. Kenneth Cole
4. Panerai
5. Hublot
6. Bell & Ross
7. Orient
8. Alpha
9. Breilting
10. Patek
and yours...

Boscoe,
I can understand Croton, Kenneth Cole, B&R, etc but Breitling???
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 am

I really like the Breitling SO Heritage 46mm but they can keep all their busy ass dial chronos. And the Breitling Emergency is now officially obsolete.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Breitling just doesn't do it for me, Don.
Had a Wings (I think) that my oldest son always liked, so I gave it to him.
Sold my Navitimer about six-seven years ago. Too busy.
I don't dislike Breitling, but they don't inspire me... like Invicta does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 pm

boscoe wrote:
I don't dislike Breitling, but they don't inspire me... like Invicta does.

Bland brands - Page 2 Lol Bland brands - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Boscoe, You just need a super avenger with a blinged out diamond bezel and some platinum front teeth! Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_king Strat hangin' with some rappers ans you'll be pimpin' Bland brands - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Nope, Mrs. Duff is gonna dent my grill!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 am

what you said about bee-keepers? My girlfriend said, that only normal one from this pic is a wiener dog Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Bunch of rednecks...
Bland brands - Page 2 Ogaaab10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Take it from a pug, wiener dogs are NEVER normal. Who do you think taught these humans to dress?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm in the middle.... Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_redface
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Thought that looked like you!! Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:49 pm

usually we don't look like so weird Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_biggrin , but I have 22 bee hives on countryside and every summer we carry them to the swamp, to increase honey production, that's why we have protective suits on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bland brands   Bland brands - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bland brands
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2