The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sales posts that chap my ass.

Go down 
+5
PoliMalaka
sooner
smellody
Anomaly
merichar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Sales posts that chap my ass. Empty
PostSubject: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

I spend a fair amount of time perusing various watch sales forums. Part of the horological fun is looking for that next watch or finding one in a great deal. There are a few things on the sales posts that really set off my bullshit alarm though. Here are a few of my pet peeves, what are yours? Am I being unreasonable?

1. Posts that start out-I know I'm going to regret this but...but nothing, don't sell it if its that great for you.
2. This is the most striking, blah-blah-blah....Well then keep it Chief.
3. I'm selling this to chase another grail....Look up the definition of grail you DB.
4. Crappy cell phone pictures of the watch....If you can't manage taking a decent picture of the watch, I probably don't want to buy a watch you've handled.
5. No pictures....Remember you're selling it Chief, I'm not going to work that hard to find a picture myself.
6. Rubber strap cut shorter than 8"...My wrist is 8", if the strap is shorter than that, don't expect me to pay for it.
7. Pictures of the watch on a strap that is not included with the watch...Need I explain?

Well thats a start from just one lap through the WUS sales forum. I'm sure I'll think of more later.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Yeah, bad pics or no pics, CMON?!?!?!?!?

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:21 pm

8. Email me for pics. Go fuk yourself
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
8. Email me for pics. Go fuk yourself

I knew I was forgetting some of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Weekend special
one more day and off to ebay
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 pm

9. PM sent
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:27 pm

smellody wrote:
9. PM sent

I like this guys, keep adding numbers and maybe we can make this a sticky for the sales forum here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 pm

10. Sold to good home. How do you know? Maybe he lost his gerbil and needed a replacement object?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:31 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
10. Sold to good home. How do you know? Maybe he lost his gerbil and needed a replacement object?

Noob pour me one of whatever your having.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:33 pm

11. It's currently selling for XXX at XXX.......so I'll let it go for XXX.

Bullshit. Most folks on a watch forum know that it sold once, twice or a dozen times for a lot less...if you are going to try and rationalize your price, don't quote how much it's selling for elsewhere right now...if I wanted to pay somebody's idea of an inflated price, I don't want your hand-me-down. Admit that you bought it for a lot less, and go from there, or don't quote anybody else's price at all...and don't tell me you don't remember how much you bought it for. Otherwise, put it up on the 'Bay and hope your ad gets read by a moron.

Last edited by 25or6to4 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:33 pm

merichar wrote:
WatchNoob wrote:

lol, actually it will be a Diet Coke caffeine free. Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:39 pm

12. Sized, but only worn twice inside my house...so I'd say it was a 98 on the TZ scale.

Either you can't read or refuse to acknowledge what it is you are reading...like this: "Signs of wear are visible with a low-powered loupe." It it;s sized and worn, it ain't mint, no matter how much you want it to be. Rate it rationally — and price it accordingly.
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 pm

I'll cut people some slack as far as seller's remorse and the need to justify the sale . . . it's just human nature.

But there's no excuse for no pics (other than laziness), or even bad pics for that matter. Even a cheap auto digital can take decent quality photos. Whenever I see blurry pics I wonder if the seller is trying to hide something. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll shop elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:21 pm

13. Really not sure about selling it - make me an offer.

Seriously? Then why have you gotten me all excited that its up for sale asshole!?!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 pm

WOW-this place is ornery tonite!!

They're just trying to sell a watch!!

Everyone can't be as silky smooth as JS.

I usually look at the watch, condition, and the price and then decide-none of the marketing copy makes or breaks the deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 pm

foghorn wrote:
WOW-this place is ornery tonite!!

They're just trying to sell a watch!!

Everyone can't be as silky smooth as JS.

I usually look at the watch, condition, and the price and then decide-none of the marketing copy makes or breaks the deal.

Please see #13 - THAT "chaps my ass" because they are wasting my time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Where,exactly, in # 13 is it stated that the watch is not for sale, thus wasting a prospective buyers time?
He is soliciting offers and any interested party can offer anything deemed fair by the buyer.
The right offer will make up his mind.
Just another marketing ploy.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:51 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
merichar wrote:
WatchNoob wrote:

lol, actually it will be a Diet Coke caffeine free. Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_biggrin
Oh c'mon, how about some of this.
Yeah it's low. Only been 4 days. My liver hurts...
Sales posts that chap my ass. 57f1088c

Nice thread. I too feel this way but am usually too lazy to post my flusterations.
Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_scratch

Sales posts that chap my ass. Lol
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:57 pm

You know what I hate. People with lists of crap they don't like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 am

25or6to4 wrote:

Bullshit. Most folks on a watch forum know that it sold once, twice or a dozen times for a lot less...if you are going to try and rationalize your price, don't quote how much it's selling for elsewhere right now...if I wanted to pay somebody's idea of an inflated price, I don't want your hand-me-down. Admit that you bought it for a lot less, and go from there, or don't quote anybody else's price at all...and don't tell me you don't remember how much you bought it for. Otherwise, put it up on the 'Bay and hope your ad gets read by a moron.

Unfair! This is used by gentleman on TV all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 am

No 14.
US Postal Money Orders Only.

This is the 21st Century, buddy. Accept paypal (you're selling on the Net for crying out loud. Make it EASY for your customer) or a check (hold it until it goes through then ship). I'm not jumping through hoops and standing in line on a Saturday morning just to buy your POS. Paypal and/or a check help me have a paper trail if YOU'RE a crook.

No. 15

$300, but $318 if you use paypal. Build the paypal fees into your price for god's sake! Don't you realize you look like a pennypinching piker?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

boscoe wrote:
No 14.
US Postal Money Orders Only.

This is the 21st Century, buddy. Accept paypal (you're selling on the Net for crying out loud. Make it EASY for your customer) or a check (hold it until it goes through then ship). I'm not jumping through hoops and standing in line on a Saturday morning just to buy your POS. Paypal and/or a check help me have a paper trail if YOU'RE a crook.

No. 15

$300, but $318 if you use paypal. Build the paypal fees into your price for god's sake! Don't you realize you look like a pennypinching piker?
No joke!!! one price with shipping period. Not 7 prices depending on how anal you are about a particular payment method.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:10 am

PayPal Account required. I loathe PayPal more than Marina Militare, Parnis, and Alpha combined.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:12 am

boscoe wrote:
25or6to4 wrote:

Unfair! This is used by gentleman on TV all the time.

Good point, save that for the people that chap my ass thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 am

only two things really get to me,
the seller won't mark it sold in the title and you open up the sale post to read in small letters it's sold, way at the bottom!

no pictures!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:03 am

Sales posts that chap my ass. %3Ca%20href=Sales posts that chap my ass. Bag-balm" border="0" />

This is for Mark......sounds like he has a very chapped ass...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 am

I laughed at every one of these. People can be such kinuckle heads. Yes the type-o was deliberate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:27 am

boscoe wrote:

No. 15

Sales posts that chap my ass. Lol I was going to say the same thing. Good one.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:19 am

One of the funniest threads in a while...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 am

Breez wrote:
I don't like posts that state that they hate lists of crap they don't like...
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 am

I have a post with #1,,,,,F YOU......

Smile
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:37 am

25or6to4 wrote:
12. Sized, but only worn twice inside my house...so I'd say it was a 98 on the TZ scale.

You guys have hit the nail on the head with everyone except this one.

I have to admit I am guilty of using this only in my case it is true. Many of my watches have been sized but never worn outside of the house and I do state it that way. I usually say 93% though just in case I missed something.

Would I lie to you? Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_sad

Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 am

25or6to4 wrote:
Sales posts that chap my ass. %3Ca%20href=Sales posts that chap my ass. Bag-balm" border="0" />

This is for Mark......sounds like he has a very chapped ass...

Very, very funny. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:53 pm

andrema wrote:
Breez wrote:
I don't like posts that state that they hate lists of crap they don't like...

I don't like posts from people who notice that I post and state that I hate posts from those who have lists of crap they don't like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sales posts that chap my ass.   Sales posts that chap my ass. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sales posts that chap my ass.
Page 1 of 1