The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WUS Donations for sales transaction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

WUS Donations for sales transaction Empty
PostSubject: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:38 pm

I know that we've discussed how WUS represented that members begged them for a mechanism to donate WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_rolleyes
I do not want to reopen that discussion.

However, having just used their sales forum to find a, what I hope turns out to be, nice watch - my question is this: How much of a Donation to WUS do you think is appropriate?

I've made my donation but would be interested in how folks feel about this, would you donate, and if so, how much would it be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:43 pm

I thought the donation came from the seller, not the buyer.

As the seller, it would depend upon the $$ the watch sold for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:48 pm

As a buyer I would give them nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:58 pm

zip, nada, niente, ничего, 何もない, nothing.

Donations are for charities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:03 pm

I would give them ZERO for using the sales forum! without members you have no forum. they make a ton of coin through their sponsers! I have donated at breitling source just to fit in and never go there anymore! I look at it this way by me listing or buying a watch from WUS there is that much more traffic! Now if a small more intimate place likes sya XMT need help to keep the door open i would be more than happy to donate on a as need basis to help out, this is my home!! think is WUS or WG's any of the bigger places want or demand a donation (give you a special title under your name) they should open up the books and let everyone see what it cost to maintain the forum and how much is coming in from sponsers, doesnt ernie own a watch distributor in europe and sells most of the brands on his sponser page??? Know if it cost like 5 bucks(even a dollar would add up quickly) to list a watch then i would have to pay that and most would figure it into the price of the watch maybe thats the way to go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:39 pm

foghorn wrote:
As a buyer I would give them nothing.

Agree. Just like listing an ad in the newspaper, seller assumes the costs. In fact, maybe John should charge a fee upfront to list an item an see where that gets him.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah, those guys are PIMPING the hobby any way they can...

They'll get nothing from me.

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Wow. Pretty uniformly negative response. Makes me wonder how much they are raking in over there at WUS through this new initiative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Wow. Pretty uniformly negative response. Makes me wonder how much they are raking in over there at WUS through this new initiative.

Just enough to get to Basel and back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

I'm taking donations to band Poli...

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

.. . . another WUS Donations for sales transaction Handjob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 pm

randyswagon wrote:

Isn't that a bit harsh!?! I mean really, banning Poli is a noble cause.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Just enough to get to Basel and back. WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_biggrin

Just give me the address...I'll cover the whole expense!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Docrwm wrote:
randyswagon wrote:

Isn't that a bit harsh!?! I mean really, banning Poli is a noble cause.

. . . doh!!! Not Poli, the whole pay for play thing . . . WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_eek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:10 pm

I guess I'm in the dark on the whole WUS donation thing. I go there pretty much everyday and missed that all together. Now, to donate to WUS for buying a watch???? I don't freakin think so!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:37 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I guess I'm in the dark on the whole WUS donation thing. I go there pretty much everyday and missed that all together. Now, to donate to WUS for buying a watch???? I don't freakin think so!
Here you go Duff...http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=346396

I know how these new fangled komputers are confusing sometimes, so I wanted to pass along the link!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

If I was buying and selling daily I might consider a small donation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Never bought or sold a watch at WUS although I do look often at the Sales forum. I think they should take donations to teach the douchebags that try to sell a watch without posting pics how to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Put me down for a 10 spot. 20 if you also ban duff.
WUS Donations for sales transaction 744742 WUS Donations for sales transaction 744742 WUS Donations for sales transaction 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Ditchdoc wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

WUS Donations for sales transaction 744742 WUS Donations for sales transaction 744742 WUS Donations for sales transaction 744742

It'll take more than that to ban Duff. He's pretty poplar around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Greed is good.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Although I appreciate the service that WUS offers with their sales forum, I would'nt make a donation. The forum I use is Watches-Private sellers and sponsors. This means the forum is a commercial interest with revenues already. If they were to ask for a nominal donation from watch sellers that would be less tacky IMO and I would consider it if I were selling watches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:20 am

Docrwm wrote:
Ditchdoc wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

THAT'S RIGHT YOU DOITY SUMMABEECHEZ!!! BRING OUT YER MONEY YOU SLUGS!!! IT'LL COST YA AT LEAST $20.25 TO GET ME BAND!!!! WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_twisted WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_cheers I read the link Mark supplied (after moving it away from the period so it worked!!!) and don't see where it is targeting the sales forum for donations. I only see it stating that it is offering an avenue for members that inquired about donating to the forum a way to do so. Doesn't seem all that shady to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:33 am

Docrwm wrote:

Fear not Doc!!!

I got it!!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:34 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WUS Donations for sales transaction   WUS Donations for sales transaction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WUS Donations for sales transaction
Page 1 of 1