The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive

Go down 
+4
sixtysix
SynMike
Anomaly
andrema
8 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Empty
PostSubject: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 pm

I am considering buying a "tough watch" and have been doing some research regarding the Casio G-Shock. I ran across this site the other day and wanted to pass it along since there are others here that love these watches and/or are thinking of getting one.

http://www.g-peopleland.com/

This site is quite comprehensive and contains anything/everyting that you would ever want to know about G-Shocks!

This is my current favorite and probably the one that I will buy...

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Gshock10

Last edited by andrema on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks for the link. Always good to learn more about watches....even microchip based timekeepers.

BTW, certainly no G fan or expert but I think I have read several times that the reverse field for the time display is harder to read.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:43 pm

If you were gonna get stranded on a desert island, an atomic, solar g-shock is what you want!

GREAT looking Mudman there!

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Anomaly wrote:
If you were gonna get stranded on a desert island, an atomic, solar g-shock is what you want!

If I were to get stranded on a desert island, I think I'd finally be able to stop caring what time it was....
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

If I were to get stranded on a desert island, I think I'd finally be able to stop caring what time it was....

Touche`

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm

take my rolex, case of good booze and ginger or mary ann!! Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_king
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Anomaly wrote:
25or6to4 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Touche`

I think if I were stranded on a desert island a solar G-Shock might come in handy if it was one with a compass and maybe some other features like temperature, altimeter, etc. Depending on conditions and length of stay I might also want to know the time to track number of daylight hours available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Not unless it came with a survival knife and some matches. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:10 pm

The great part about this site is that it provides the history of the brand and gives examples of every G-shock produced along with specs...makes choosing one a little easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Mark, have you had a reverse display before? I just traded one out, and they are definitely harder to read.

But that's usually not too big of a concern with us... Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Fresse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:44 pm

. . . hmmmm. Back display may be hard to read, but it looks cool in the pic. I liked the analog one that was posted awhile back too.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:00 pm

I had a reverse display...and it sucked!! I had a regular display and it was better but still sucked! I finally found a G Shock I could live with...with no display...

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive WhiteG005

I think they are cool watches, if you like the Mudman, buy it.....it cool there are so many to choose from!!

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 pm

sean got the G-fever last year and bought a boat load of them, brian that post every once in awhile has about 40 G's. Wouldnt mind having one but they are so hard to work (at least for this retard Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_geek) had a JL anadigi and it was horrible trying to set the digital part up. So if i bit it would have to be an analog watch!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Not to make your decisions harder BUT I am really liking these watches, which I believe are made by Casio, but are basically G-Shocks on steroids.

Here is their main site I believe - http://oceanus-us.com/

I very much like this watch - http://oceanus-us.com/index.php?fuseaction=products.detail&product=OCWM800TBA-1A

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Casio%20Oceanus%20OCWM800TBA-1A

Two-piece Bezel Construction and a remarkably thin 11.1mm case highlight the OCWM800. A bezel constructed of two pieces, with lower piece seemingly tucked under the upper piece, adds visual depth and produces a face design that is both elegant and sporty. Through miniaturization and precise layout of parts, a slim-styling of the case and bezel is achieved. Multi-function, radio-controlled, solar-powered chronograph with countdown timer.

* Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan)
Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
Auto receive function (6 times per day)
Manual receive function
Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60
Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz
* Tough Solar Power
* 100M Water Resistant
* Saphire Crystal
* Titanium Band
* Titanium Case
* Neo-brite luminous hands and markers
* World Time
29 times zones (27 cities)
* Daily Alarm
* Countdown Timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Countdown range: 1 second to 60 minutes
* 1/20 second chronograph
Measuring capacity: 59'59.95"
Measuring mode: Elapsed time
* Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
* Accuracy: +/-20 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
* Storage Battery CTL1025
* Power Saving Function
* Battery Power Indicator
* Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
* Module 5008

Size of case (HxWxD)/ total weight
47.3 x 43.3 x 11.1mm / 99g

AND CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMixFvdBWlU
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 pm

I just want something that I can bring into the yard and smash around (figuratively)...you get my point, a weekend bang around watch.

That is a nice looking watch though James!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Wowee..This IS one great site ! Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_biggrin There are just
SO many models as well as variations it's extremely
impressive ! You could look at this site all day..NICE !
That's a stealthy one that you like Mark..you have
GREAT taste sir ! Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_smile Awesome Oceanus too James !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:06 am

I got into Gs back in 2004 and used Sjors's site as my bible! found many vintage Gs in Japan back then ....The Masters of G series were terrific watches espcially the Frogman series, which has sorta a cult following then and now.
I recently found a rare baby G Frogman meant for the ladies, but at 43mm wide, even guys can wear them if they have smallish wrists as I do! haha!
The other Gs I still have are the venerable DW5600E and a nuded first edition Frogman without resin bezel which had crumbled apart, the DW6300 model...

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive MontageBabyGWave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 am

cali kid wrote:
take my rolex, case of good booze and ginger or mary ann!! Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_king

Excellent point....Mr. Howell. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 am

The guy who owns that site, Sjors, is the G-Shock mod on WUS. IIRC his collection is up around 479 now Shocked . There are few out there who knows more about G's than him.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 am

Found this NOS DW9000 variation recently for $40usd and had to get it! Love it! Next is the Stargate model DW8300 hehehe!

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Wholekitshot
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:01 am

How appropriate to have this new site to check out - Thanks.
Cause I bought my first G-Shock Today!

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive G-Shock-gw7900b-1-jf

G-Shock-gw7900b-1-jf
* Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
* Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
* Auto receive function up to 6 times per day (up to 5 times per day for China)
* Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC
Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, BPC 68.5kHz
* Tough Solar Power
* Shock Resistant
* 200M Water Resistant
* Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
* Moon Data (moon age of the specific data, moon phase graph)
* Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time)
* World Time- 31 times zones (48 cities + UTC), city code display, daylight saving on/off
* 4 Daily Alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm – Hourly Time Signal – Countdown Timer – 1/100 second stopwatch
* Battery power indicator
* Power saving function
* Button operation tone on/off
* Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
* 12/24 Hour Formats
* Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month
* Storage battery: Solar rechargeable battery
Approx. battery life: 9 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
* Module 3200
* Manual receive function
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:14 am

great stealthy model, jaw! wears big on the wrist? Chock full of high tech !!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:16 am

Nice Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive 803574 . I don't know why they put +/- 15 sec accuracy on the specs. That is the accuracy if it hasn't synched up to the atomic clock at Ft. Collins in Colorado for a month. If it is set to auto synch and it does every night it will be absolutely spot on.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:33 am

brian D wrote:
Nice Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive 803574 . I don't know why they put +/- 15 sec accuracy on the specs. That is the accuracy if it hasn't synched up to the atomic clock at Ft. Collins in Colorado for a month. If it is set to auto synch and it does every night it will be absolutely spot on.

Yah, but I read that the normal spec for quartz watches is +-15 secs/month, so Casio is being conservative in its stated list.
I once had the GS1000 (g shock version of the Giez model...solar/wavceptor model, with the Oceanus 5 stepper motors) and stayed up past midnite to watch it synch hahaha!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:21 pm

thianwong wrote:
great stealthy model, jaw! wears big on the wrist? Chock full of high tech !!! cheers

Thanks.

Actually wears smaller than I thought it would.
Even though it is 50mm (9-3), 47 (8-2), and 11mm tall
Wears smaller than my Pathfinders.
I think it's the height and all the manly chunky bits that makes this so.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:39 pm

VERY cool JAW!

I am diggin' my STEALTH G too!

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Really want a G but dont think im smart enough to figure them out Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive 91387 , would want one with the analog part too, needs me some hands to look at and watches that come with a book of instructions really scare me! Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_study Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Trevor if I can get my way thru on of their manuals anyone can Razz .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive   Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great G-Shock Site - Very Comprehensive
Page 1 of 1