The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ESQ Swiss Stratus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 am

This is my latest edition, an ESQ Swiss "Stratus". You can't miss the Breitling homage style in this one.

This first picture shows it most naturally but I kind of like the second picture more even though it might lead you to believe it is a darker metal. This is a bright watch that catches the light, blingy without having crystals or diamonds anywhere.

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_1987

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_1988

The dial is a medium-dark grey with silver dials. The dial is definitely not blue, but it sure looks like it in certain light. I don't think the crystal is coated, that is often the cause of blue tint. The crystal, like all ESQ Swiss as far as I can tell, is mineral. It seems Movado (owner of ESQ) reserves Sapphire for the Movado branded models. ESQ are Swiss Movement watches whereas Movado is Swiss Made. This one is labelled Swiss Quartz.

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_2000

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_2020

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_2006

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_2007-1

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_2008

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_2009

ESQ Swiss Stratus IMG_1994

Last edited by SynMike on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 am

Nice looking ESQ Mike. I've yet to own one but that looks very sleek. The bracelet is sick!
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:28 am

WOW, nice watch but the pics are amazing!! Very cool ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:31 am

Great pics Mike!

IMO, great HOMAGE to Breitling w/o being a COMPLETE copy, you nailed it on that one!

Enjoy!

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:37 am

Hey Mike, love the sword hands, the bezel and bracelet ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:40 am

Congratulations. Wear it.......(wait for it)....well.
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 am

. . . not really familiar with ESQ, that is a great looking watch!!! Very good photos. Nice addition to the stable. . .
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:07 am

randyswagon wrote:
. . . not really familiar with ESQ, that is a great looking watch!!! Very good photos. Nice addition to the stable. . .

Hey Randy, ESQ is made by movado and is a great brand.......very good watch for the money.......if you have any movado outlets in your area, try and hit one up and try some on........plus the outlets usually have great deals, and usually have most of the new pieces as well......
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 am

oh, and thanks, this watch is now added to my must have soon list..........too many watches that i want........i hate this damn hobby....lol
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:11 am

heartbreak wrote:
oh, and thanks, this watch is now added to my must have soon list..........too many watches that i want........i hate this damn hobby....lol

yep, the chase is mighty intoxicating but never filling!! always chasing the next high!! ESQ Swiss Stratus Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:27 am

Your Stratus is SO good it's going up to the stratosphere ! ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_cheers
What's most impressive about this watch is the quality. You
can see from your EXCELLENT pictures that this watch is
built REALLY well. The bezel is not only cool looking, but has
an industrial theme. It continues that with the dark gray
dial as well. ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_cyclops I also like the brushed and polished elements,
especially on that bracelet !..Let's not forget the NICE case
back also !!! ENJOY !

SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:32 am

heartbreak wrote:

Suggested retail was $595 but I found it for under $200.
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:37 am

Thats a friggin steal, great find!!
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:41 am

SynMike wrote:
heartbreak wrote:

Suggested retail was $595 but I found it for under $200.

if you dont mind me asking, where did you find if for that price.........cheapest if found so far was $250 but i did see chronshark had a deal on it for $179,. but that is since expired.....
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 am

Yes, I bought it from chronoshark. I did not include that because I'm still waiting for them to resolve some customer service issues. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy from them again, but I'm not ready to recommend them either. I'll report after giving them reasonable time.
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:46 am

well, from the looks of it, it looks worth the price of $250.......i will try and find it cheaper though, ill try and check out my local movodo outlet and take a look at it there.......
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:53 am

It is a relatively new model so I have not seen it in a Movado Outlet store yet. But it is in their company stores.
Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I've always like the cases and design elements of ESQ watches. This is another great looking one. Enjoy wearing it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESQ Swiss Stratus Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESQ Swiss Stratus   ESQ Swiss Stratus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESQ Swiss Stratus
Page 1 of 1