The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omega at the Olympics!

Go down 
+4
smellody
thianwong
AtomicTom
Anomaly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Omega at the Olympics! Empty
PostSubject: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:25 am

Omega at the Olympics! News_image.1555896

Omega at the Olympics! News_image.1555901

Omega at the Olympics! News_image.1555931

Poised to Make History in Vancouver, Ohno Joins OMEGA, the Official Timekeeper
of the Olympic Games, as a Member of its Olympic Family and Ambassador...

Found this here: http://www.watchprosite.com/

Looks like a COOL site!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:35 pm

That's cool ! Literally ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_biggrin I wonder what the ice resistance is
on these Omegas ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_cheers ..Excellent link there as well ! They have
a ton of watch info there..Thx !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:13 pm

My hometown! The Omega company asked me to pose for the same shot but I was busy....hehehe....

Omega at the Olympics! M_topSAK
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:41 pm

I Omega at the Olympics! Herz Omega!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Only seen one Omega commercial (several times), pretty dull. Why don't they ever put some excitement in those?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Everyone run out and buy an Omega or two-its not cheap being the "official" anything of the Olympic Games.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Have always like Omega. Not as far fetched in pricing as some...........I'm sure a few more will sell over the next 2 weeks!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:33 pm

merichar wrote:
Everyone run out and buy an Omega or two-its not cheap being the "official" anything of the Olympic Games.
Yep...trust me sports rights contracts ain't cheap, and there is no way to make up the cost of the Olympics with advertising or affiliate revenue...it is more like bragging rights in the industry!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 pm

I do like that model though!!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:17 am

andrema wrote:
I do like that model though!!

Apolo?
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 am

Here is the PO orange bezel....

Omega at the Olympics! POorangeonblackstrapwristshot
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Omega was giving out these baseball caps in Vancouver on the weekend. I missed out on meeting Buzz Aldrin and other Nasa folks on at the Omega Boutique on Saturday. But I got a hat.

Omega at the Olympics! IMG_2058

Omega at the Olympics! IMG_2062

Omega at the Olympics! IMG_2063

Omega at the Olympics! IMG_2061
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Nice caps, I need one of those in my pack.

Omega at the Olympics! Caps

Has any seen the P&G spot, where the kids are preparing for their events, and one kid in a locker room pulls what appears to be a Speedmaster off his wrist?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Cool hats Mike and Tim ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_smile Haven't seen that commercial with the Speedmaster
Tim ! However, I'll be on the look out for it ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_cyclops It's funny because I tend to
always see watches on people too !..It's like some weird special ability ! Omega at the Olympics! Alien

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Cool hats Mike and Tim ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_smile Haven't seen that commercial with the Speedmaster
Tim ! However, I'll be on the look out for it ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_cyclops It's funny because I tend to
always see watches on people too !..It's like some weird special ability ! Omega at the Olympics! Alien

Then you've noticed Michael Phelps flashing (what appears to be) his Railmaster XXL every time he's interviewed? As well as another model in this gallery.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/photos/galleryid=430312.html?__source=msncrossnetmodule&ocid=xnetr3-3

Last edited by porschefan on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Then you've noticed Michael Phelps flashing (what appears to be) his Railmaster XXL every time he's interviewed?

That thing is HUGE for an Omega...looks VERY COOL!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 pm

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Then you've noticed Micheal Phelps flashing (what appears to be) his Railmaster XXL every time he's interviewed?

My abilities seem to be failing me Tim ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_sad I have seen him at the various events,
but evidently not close enough to see the Railmaster ! Now I'll have a couple
of watches to look for ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_smile

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Christopher (Smellody) has an Omega Railmaster XXL, maybe he'll post a pic for you AT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Then you've noticed Micheal Phelps flashing (what appears to be) his Railmaster XXL every time he's interviewed?

My abilities seem to be failing me Tim ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_sad I have seen him at the various events,

You don't need to look to hard, it's seen in many of the photos in the link, and it's about 47mm.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:30 pm

merichar wrote:
Christopher (Smellody) has an Omega Railmaster XXL, maybe he'll post a pic for you AT.

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

You don't need to look to hard, it's seen in many of the photos in the link, and it's about 47mm.

Thanks Mark ! I'll have to check out Chris's as well ! Omega at the Olympics! Icon_smile That Railmaster that Michael
Phelps is wearing is REAL nice Tim !!!

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Omega at the Olympics! 395667

The one spot I'm tired of is the one with all the Canadian celebrity/actors/jocks that talk about how great BC is (and I agree with that) and they call it "home." yet all of them are working and living here in the States.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 pm

porschefan wrote:
Omega at the Olympics! 395667The one spot I'm tired of is the one with all the Canadian celebrity/actors/jocks that talk about how great BC is (and I agree with that) and they call it "home." yet all of them are working and living here in the States.

Most actors need to move to southern california to get into the business. But I'll risk making this a bit political. The United States tax regime is far more friendly to wealthy people than Canada's. Canadians earning more than $100,000 a year will pay at least 50% more in taxes to live in Canada. A wealthy person can easily save enough in taxes to pay for regular flights home to visit mom and dad back in Vancouver. Both Canada and the USA are great places to live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:37 pm

SynMike wrote:
porschefan wrote:
Omega at the Olympics! 395667The one spot I'm tired of is the one with all the Canadian celebrity/actors/jocks that talk about how great BC is (and I agree with that) and they call it "home." yet all of them are working and living here in the States.

Most actors need to move to southern california to get into the business. But I'll risk making this a bit political. The United States tax regime is far more friendly to wealthy people than Canada's. Canadians earning more than $100,000 a year will pay at least 50% more in taxes to live in Canada. A wealthy person can easily save enough in taxes to pay for regular flights home to visit mom and dad back in Vancouver. Both Canada and the USA are great places to live.

Oh, I know why they're here, it's the business we've been in for close to 20 years. That's part of it, also higher pay, and more opportunity, no matter how much production Canada has to claim.
The other thing about that spot, probably filmed here as well, since they're all in front of green screen.
I love Michael J. Fox, my uncle died of complications of Parkinson's (and I believe he knew Mike) so we won't get even more political talking health care. Done venting about the hypocrisy of celebs. Guess they're saying, "Home's a great place to visit, but we don't want to live/work there." Omega at the Olympics! Icon_wink
Back to Omega and the Olympics, and the timing of the events. Glad to see them there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omega at the Olympics!   Omega at the Olympics! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omega at the Olympics!
Page 1 of 1