The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many watches do you have...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

How many watches do you have... Empty
PostSubject: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:02 pm

...that get worn no more than ONCE a month?

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 pm

I only have 6 watches left in my collection. So only 2 don't get that much wrist time so probably more then a month will go by with out being on my wrist.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Embarrassed to say with this crowd.
Honestly haven't done an inventory in a while.
Rest assured having been here for a couple of months my watch collection goals have changed for the better.
Still, I doubt I could do with less than 20-30.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:26 pm

I have watches I haven't worn once a year!! All of my watches I wear no more than once a month........if I wear a watch 2 or 3 times in 6 months it is something special! (PS I have some I have never worn) How many watches do you have... Icon_rolleyes

How many watches do you have... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:31 pm

sixtysix wrote:
I have watches I haven't worn once a year!! All of my watches I wear no more than once a month........if I wear a watch 2 or 3 times in 6 months it is something special! (PS I have some I have never worn) How many watches do you have... Icon_rolleyes

MEDIC!

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 pm

I usually have about 24 watches of which 9 are autos. I hate to say it but I mainly wear my autos. I do have a couple quartz that I wear so I would say that about 11 of my watches are RARELY worn....pitiful I know....but not as bad a Gary!!!! I do wear all of mine eventually. How many watches do you have... Fresse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Due to my recent thinning to get the Sumo I got in under the "Need and Intervention" wire - barely. How many watches do you have... Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:47 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I hate to say it but I mainly wear my autos.

Me, too, Duff. 10 currently in the stable, two quartz (one has even had a dead battery for about 2 months), one manual, the rest auto. For "beater" situations (horseback, hiking) it seems to be the TAG quartz or the Seiko.

A couple weeks ago, when I took a couple of Tissot quartz into my AD's consignment counter, he laughed, and said that many of his customers, once they start with autos, end up getting rid of most or all of their quartz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 pm

only 5 Sad
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Anomaly wrote:
sixtysix wrote:

MEDIC!

Nah, just shoot me!!

How many watches do you have... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 pm

That a hard one for me to answer. How many are in my possession or how many will I keep once the others are sold off?

In my possession now, >200.

How many will I keep? Less than 10.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
That a hard one for me to answer. How many are in my possession or how many will I keep once the others are sold off?

Most of those were your dad's, right?

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Anomaly wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:

Most of those were your dad's, right?
They're still his until I get 'em sold.
How many watches do you have... Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 pm

DAYUM GUYS!!! I guess some of my brothers need to start gifting
some of their stash. Pm me for my address!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:34 pm

. . . some lanquish. They'll be wonderful again someday. Til' then they can wait. . .
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 pm

wagon wrote:
. . . some lanquish. They'll be wonderful again someday. Til' then they can wait. . .

You are SO romantic... How many watches do you have... Icon_twisted

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:41 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
sixtysix wrote:

MEDIC!

Nah, just shoot me!!

Nah, we don't do that anymore. Course I know a couple of fella's what'll do it for a case of Coors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 am

I used to have a much larger collection but I sold a number of them off, especially the Invicta's, so I have less than 20 now. I don't usually wear but maybe6 of them on a regular basis. Right now though the Oris is getting all the time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many watches do you have...   How many watches do you have... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many watches do you have...
Page 1 of 1