The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Empty
PostSubject: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Both very nice!

The one thing that I would change the color of the second hand (or tip)...maybe some color to differentiate it and make it stand out from the hour and minute hands. Like this one, but with a different strap.

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Damaskodc66SIIndex

If I had to choose one...it would be the Damasko. I like the dial setup (the 12 and 6 in the registers is distracting to me), the day/date ... even the bezel markings are a little more refined looking...

I don't like the strap color of either. I am more of a black strap guy.

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Yea, that's the defacto comparison with great pics.

Not breaking news on where I stand.

But let's make it easy......and compare the bracelets.

Here's the one on my 757, let's see those Damasko bracelets guys. Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! 588107

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Sinn7575Braceletpic1

Seriously though, both are great watches from solid companies. For me, (besides being a Sinn fanboi) I like the lack of a constant seconds hand on the 757, as I think it gives it a cleaner and more balanced look. Some people can't live without a seconds hand, so that would eliminate the 757 for them.

And if you are a bracelet fan, wel......that kinda pushes you to the 757 also.

No question both kick ass, and really just comes down to personal taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:06 pm

SCM64 wrote:
Yea, that's the defacto comparison with great pics.

Not breaking news on where I stand.

But let's make it easy......and compare the bracelets.

Here's the one on my 757, let's see those Damasko bracelets guys. Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! 588107

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Sinn7575Braceletpic1

Seriously though, both are great watches from solid companies. For me, (besides being a Sinn fanboi) I like the lack of a constant seconds hand on the 757, as I think it gives it a cleaner and more balanced look. Some people can't live without a seconds hand, so that would eliminate the 757 for them.

And if you are a bracelet fan, wel......that kinda pushes you to the 757 also.

No question both kick ass, and really just comes down to personal taste.

Is that bounce err...the GMT Chrono Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! 46145
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:14 pm

I'd be happy to own either. The dial layout on the Sinn is better for me but I like the bezel on the Damasko more. The bracelet might close the deal for me though. I just bought a Damasko and really like the ice hardened case too. Not sure how tough the Sinn case is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:21 pm

merichar wrote:
I'd be happy to own either. The dial layout on the Sinn is better for me but I like the bezel on the Damasko more. The bracelet might close the deal for me though. I just bought a Damasko and really like the ice hardened case too. Not sure how tough the Sinn case is.

I agree with you on each point. The reviews I've read indicate that the processes are different but that the result is that the Sinn has a harder outer coating of super tough steel and the Damasko is not as hard but ALL the steel is equally hard. Damasko seems to make the argument that this makes theirs superior because the Sinn has a thin shell of hard steel. I genuinely don't know which is true, but as you said the fact that Sinn has a hardened bracelet to go with the watch is a deal closer in my book right now.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Talk about an evenly matched comparison ! Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_eek Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_biggrin Both of these watches
look OUTSTANDING ! Not only do they look very similar, but the quality
is evidently excellent on both also ! It's pretty close to being a toss up,
I guess !..The hardness of the steel on both models is really interesting
by the way. Two EXTRA nice watches ! Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! 803574 Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! 803574 ..Thanks for the link
and review Doc !..Phenomenal Sinn there as well SCM64 ! Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! 46145

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:30 pm

If you guys are interested in some info on Steel...this is a great thread on WUS.

Be sure to check the posts by TrickTock. Gets a little techie, but very cool information on Sinn, Rolex and 316L steels, and also touches on Sinn and Damasko hardening tech. Very very informative content IMHO.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2705295#poststop

I should also say that while I prefer the aesthetic of the Sinn bezel, I like think the Damasko insert is the tougher of the two. I passed on several 757 that had dings on the bezel, before I found the one I purchased.

One other item to note, is the Sinn can also come in a GMT version, which is not available on the Damasko. Again, both are great, so it just depends on what you like.

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Sinn757Pic3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:20 pm

these are both great looking and look so much alike, I would have to do a indepth look into both to decide
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:07 pm

I like them both,and own a bunch of sinns also.No Damasko though.
Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! DSC_0013
Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! DSC_0015
Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! DSC05370
The Ice hardening process isn't new,but using it on steel for a watchcase is.Years ago when racing,rearsets were made
from t6061 aluminium.It was light and could take a crash and only bend.At the time,titanium was pretty high so
it wasn't an option for rearsets.Even today,aluminium is still used for most applications.But what did happen
is Yoyodyne could ice harden the t6061 giving it the hardness of ti but still retain its flexible properties.It also
saved weight.I like the Damasko for the simple reason that the entire case is hardened all the way through the steel.
Both companies use higher grade movements,so no real advantage for either.Sinn has bracelets.Kind of mandatory for me
to have that option.
What I don't like about the 757 is the use of sulfate capsules and their expanation as to why.They say its to absorb moisture
from changing temperatures so no condenstation under the crystal can occur.If a watch is sealed right,then how could it enter the case?
I have afew sinn U1's that don't use the capsules.Since the capsules are cleanable,they can be done during a service.
I think they are more of a gimmick for a selling point instead of being practical in the application.
I'd vote for the Damasko if this was a poll.If the Sinn diapal was used as a comparison,I'd pick the Sinn.
Sinns diapal process for the movement gets rid of most wear points and no oil is needed.This extends the service window.
About the only thing that wears is the seals,mainspring and hairspring for the balance.

I see it like this for both of these watches.If I needed just one watch to do it all,either would work.long life,no scratching,
can handle any duty they are given and both dress up nice on strap options.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:00 pm

SCM64 wrote:
If you guys are interested in some info on Steel...this is a great thread on WUS.

Be sure to check the posts by TrickTock. Gets a little techie, but very cool information on Sinn, Rolex and 316L steels, and also touches on Sinn and Damasko hardening tech. Very very informative content IMHO.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2705295#poststop

I should also say that while I prefer the aesthetic of the Sinn bezel, I like think the Damasko insert is the tougher of the two. I passed on several 757 that had dings on the bezel, before I found the one I purchased.

One other item to note, is the Sinn can also come in a GMT version, which is not available on the Damasko. Again, both are great, so it just depends on what you like.

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Sinn757Pic3

Thanks for the link, very informative. What I took away from it is that the Sinn steel and Damasko steel are superior to those used commonly in watches and that Rolex's statements are pretty much BS about their steel when it comes to anything other than high gloss shineability and mild advantage on corrosion .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!   Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damasko vs. Sinn Cage Match - 757 vs 66!
Page 1 of 1