The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which brand would you choose?

Go down 
+5
Noisy Nova
merichar
jackprime1
Anomaly
andrema
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Which brand would you choose? Empty
PostSubject: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Hello!
Yet another poll to see what the kids out there think.
Recently i've been thinking that Omega as a brand from the Swatch group
has been focusing more and more on "luxury items" such as leather bags,
colognes and "jewelry". So i was wondering if that changes your pov on the brand
or is it irrelevant. I personally wish that watch brand with rich heritage would stick
to what they do best. Recently a lot of brands are sort of branching out.
Omega has now fine leather and jewelry, Tag has sunglasses and cell phones,
RW now have a pen line, etc.
I really like how Breitling is still doing chronometer watches -some designs are really
messy imho, but hey, at least they stick to their guns and produce "instruments for
professionals".
What say you brethren?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Never have understood the other items much. The sunglasses make some sense for a sports watch oriented company. Toilet water and purses make zero sense to me.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 pm

First off, I hate polls.

Second, I am an Omega Fanboy. May even get the cologne if Tim ever tells me the name Smile

Third, I actually prefer German brands over Swiss. So, I guess that I should have picked other instead of Omega...damn. Did I say I hate polls? Which brand would you choose? 91387

Omega, Sinn and Stowa are my favorite brand BTW.

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:41 pm

I have TWO Breitlings now, 'Nuff Said!

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:01 pm

I voted for Omega but it is not a respect thing its familiarity. My Grandfather wore an Omega so it led me to that brand when I became an adult. My father has a Breitling and it is a great watch also. Both are great brands in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:49 pm

D. All of the above
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:26 pm

watch.mania wrote:
I voted for Omega but it is not a respect thing its familiarity. My Grandfather wore an Omega so it led me to that brand when I became an adult. My father has a Breitling and it is a great watch also. Both are great brands in my opinion.

This is sort of what i'm talking about. Some brands have a come a looong way from what they once where. I'm not talking about in-house movements or other details, strictly horologically speaking TH and Omega where once really into making fine precision time keeping instruments.
Nowadays i feel like they are more a money making symbol stamped on every little thing that can sell. I'm not dissing on Omega or TH, it's because i like them so much that i feel nostalgic. I'm sure that the Omega that your grandpa owned came out of a company who was 100% pursuing excellence in watchmaking.
Sorry for the sort of rant i haven't had luch yet. Shocked
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Breitling is my favorite brand........Omega is nice but for me the B-ling does it for me.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:12 pm

I don't want to sound like an ass but I don't pick brands. I'm more interested in particular models. If I like a watch, I don't care whose name is on the dial. An ugly watch with either name is still an ugly watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:18 pm

agree with Mark on most of what he says, i dig dive watches more than a brand names. Just happens that i have divers in the two brands but also in about 20 other brands! would like a pilot and like the Kremke and a couple others!

Last edited by cali kid on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noisy Nova
Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:28 pm

I buy watches 'cause I like their looks.
If they're pretty, I buy 'em. Which brand would you choose? Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:31 pm

As for brand loyalty.....I'm a big fan of certain models as exceptions within brand lineups and a fan of certain brands with some exceptions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 pm

andrema wrote:
May even get the cologne if Tim ever tells me the name Smile

"Aqua Terra"

Which brand would you choose? 1031OMEGA

I don't wear cologne. Allergic reaction.

It doesn't bother me if a watch company diversifies and brands some other items. Like Robert said, some branded products make more sense than others, though.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:55 pm

I chose other because I agree with a couple of folk here that it just depends on what is good to my eye and needs. As far as the OP stating there is a branching out of some companies into cologne, sunglasses, etc, etc,...........I really think it is a sign of the times. Economics drive you in a particular direction. The CEO's are sensing something is changing and it probably has to do with their bottom line. I don't think it lessens the watch brand at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Very interesting opinions guys, thanks (i'm not just saying that).
I'm liking this forum more and more........ (someone will have to ban me
sometime, after the 10th poll maybe).

Take care
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:26 pm

Redrum wrote:
Very interesting opinions guys, thanks (i'm not just saying that).
I'm liking this forum more and more........ (someone will have to ban me
sometime, after the 10th poll maybe).

Take care
Keep up the polls...your wish may be granted! Which brand would you choose? Icon_twisted

Kidding man! Great topic and discussion!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:26 am

I went with other as well ! Wanted to be different, and also
agreed with Trevor, Mark (Merichar), Nova, and John about
this. Basically both of these companies make some incredible
watches when it comes right down to it ! Which brand would you choose? Icon_smile There are a
bunch of outstanding watches from Omega, and Breitling.
It's kind of a stalemate imho. Honestly like MANY watches
from all types of companies, for many reasons !..Great idea,
and poll Redrum ! THX !!!

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 am

cali kid wrote:
agree with Mark on most of what he says, i dig dive watches more than a brand names. Just happens that i have divers in the two brands but also in about 20 other brands! would like a pilot and like the Kermke and a couple others!

I am the same way. I tend to buy dive watches as well based on the style of the watch over brand. If I had the money my next dive watch would be a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. I love the look of that watch, very simple and clean. I will just have to keep saving those pennies lol.

Which brand would you choose? DSC_0222
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Redrum wrote:
Recently i've been thinking that Omega as a brand from the Swatch group
has been focusing more and more on "luxury items" such as leather bags,
colognes and "jewelry". So i was wondering if that changes your pov on the brand
No, I'd still vote Breitling regardless of what Omega is doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 pm

I own a couple Breitlings, but rumor has it that Invicta will be including a retro cologne with all their new watches as a marketing ploy. Here is a link to the rumored cologne AD. click

PS....... I am starting the rumor. Which brand would you choose? 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Down here in the South, real men wear whatever their youngins gave them last Christmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:22 pm

watch.mania wrote:
cali kid wrote:
agree with Mark on most of what he says, i dig dive watches more than a brand names. Just happens that i have divers in the two brands but also in about 20 other brands! would like a pilot and like the Kermke and a couple others!

I am the same way. I tend to buy dive watches as well based on the style of the watch over brand. If I had the money my next dive watch would be a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. I love the look of that watch, very simple and clean. I will just have to keep saving those pennies lol.

Which brand would you choose? DSC_0222

With you on that brother the FF has been around longer than the Rolex submariner, 45mm of pure class!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Who's handled that FF strap?
It looks interesting, is it Kevlar? or one of those "Bradystraps" (The ones that Greg, Jan,
Marcia, Peter, Cindy and Bobby wear)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:55 pm

I believe Blancpain calls it "sailcloth." It's similar to a Maratac, yet a bit "softer" as I recall.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:40 pm

I don't want to have to choose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which brand would you choose?   Which brand would you choose? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which brand would you choose?
Page 1 of 1