The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New watch for a strap that I bought...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New watch for a strap that I bought...  Empty
PostSubject: New watch for a strap that I bought...    New watch for a strap that I bought...  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Two came in today...a really nice 6309-7040 and a Precista PRS-18.

I had time to take a photo of the Precista on a custom canvas strap that I specifically bought the watch for Smile (<<<--- sign of a sickness). cheers

New watch for a strap that I bought...  Hartford-20120302-00004

And this is a picture of some recent purchases and other watches in one of my desk drawers at work New watch for a strap that I bought...  252943

New watch for a strap that I bought...  Hartford-20120302-00008

I have a few more coming next week, and then I will try to cut down a little (or just buy more expensive watches instead)... New watch for a strap that I bought...  74725

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New watch for a strap that I bought...    New watch for a strap that I bought...  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey, that's really pretty ingenious Mark! Very Happy A lot of times you end up seeing a nice
strap, AND watch, and realize that they would look really great together. So this
makes perfect sense. ..Also think that because you have been building your own
watches as of late, that you are figuring out new creative ways to get a watch
the way you want it to be. It's neat to see! So is this new Precista! It makes your
new strap look TERRIFIC! cheers Seriously though, congratulations on your new Precista!
The way this watch takes you back a few decades, but also brings in some modern
updates is very nice. The black dial with it's bold, and clean markings is beyond
cool imho. The triangle marker is excellent, but so are all of the other details like
the rectangle markers, along with numbers mixed in. The smaller hash marks add
even more vintage character, along with those hands. Even the look with the black
bezel together with the dial is perfect. There's a added triangle marker to play off
of the one on the dial, as well as all of the classic markings, and numbers too. The
width of the bezel is nice also, as is the look of those teeth. Think that might be
where the modern part of the watch begins. It looks like it continues with that extra
wide, along with deep inner ring. Not only does it make it look like the dial is very
deep, but the gray/silver color works just right with the bead-blasted finish of the
case. New watch for a strap that I bought...  803574 ..Then your green canvas strap takes it up yet one more PHENOMENAL
notch. What a watch, strap, AND combo!!! Congrats, and keep enjoying Mark!

Phenomenal watch, and STRAP !

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: New watch for a strap that I bought...    New watch for a strap that I bought...  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Most people buy the watch first but hey, logic and watch collecting are strange bedfellows. Looks good on the canvas BTW.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New watch for a strap that I bought...    New watch for a strap that I bought...  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:23 am

good looking watch Mark!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New watch for a strap that I bought...    New watch for a strap that I bought...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New watch for a strap that I bought...
Page 1 of 1