The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? Empty
PostSubject: Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?   Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Hey guys, have you had a chance to see Skyfall? Seems like it broke a lot of James Bond
box office records, and is doing great. So do you guys have any reviews? Haven't seen it
yet, but some are saying Skyfall might be the "Best Bond Ever". ..What do you think?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3565&p=.htm

Associate
porschefan

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?   Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Best ever? By the numbers, apparently. I just wish Stallone was playing Bond. bounce
Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? 744742

Tim "Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse."Thomas Fuller "Why is it men love timepieces of all descriptions, salivating at the Rolex and Jaeger trays in the jewelers window, yet after one single beer they lose all track of time and space? It is one of the world's unanswered great mysteries." James May
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?   Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:28 pm

porschefan wrote:
Best ever? By the numbers, apparently. I just wish Stallone was playing Bond. bounce
Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? 744742

Good point Tim. I think the best ever theme was put out there in the ads for the movie, or from
different critics. Not sure. Think many fans have been hungry for this one for a while now though.
Looks like they put a lot of thought into this one to make it as good as possible from the different
behind the scenes shows that have been on t.v. Definitely will see it. Smile

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?   Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:40 am

Big life long Bond fan, saw it today - Very Disappointing. Not sure where, but at some point it stopped being a Bond movie. Found it to be lacking in scope and complexity (technical and otherwise). It just didn't feel big enough for a Bond movie. I know this film had money troubles prior to completion, perhaps that is the reason.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?   Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 pm

jaw wrote:
Big life long Bond fan, saw it today - Very Disappointing. Not sure where, but at some point it stopped being a Bond movie. Found it to be lacking in scope and complexity (technical and otherwise). It just didn't feel big enough for a Bond movie. I know this film had money troubles prior to completion, perhaps that is the reason.

Thanks for your honest insight, along with review Jeffery. Have been a James Bond fan for years also by the way. Sorry you didn't care for this one. I know that many people have said that the newer James Bond Movies don't seem to have that old James Bond charm, and humor. Maybe that has something to do with it also. I'll have to check it out. ..Thanks again sir !

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?   Skyfall..Best Bond Ever? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyfall..Best Bond Ever?
Page 1 of 1