The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

"Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm

I received a divestaps.com strap with my Seatime and was considering getting another, until I read this...

http://watches.ryanrooney.com/blog/2009/01/the-mcbob-vs-ted-su-kevlar-straps/

This is the strap that I currently have...

"Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE DSC05219

Not sure of the reliability of the source, but I am having second thoughts. Sure the strap is ultra comfy, but is it worth an extra $100? I think that I will try out the $20 version to compare the two. Here is the other link...

http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm

Last edited by andrema on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Interesting read. Reread the first couple paragraphs and see who or what that brings to mind. Broadarrow has a good rep, I would'nt have any issue buying from them. The strap on your Seatime looks good, are they long enough for an 8" wrist?
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 pm

merichar wrote:
Interesting read. Reread the first couple paragraphs and see who or what that brings to mind. Broadarrow has a good rep, I would'nt have any issue buying from them. The strap on your Seatime looks good, are they long enough for an 8" wrist?
I have a 7.25 inch wrist and it fits nicely, I would imagine that an additional .75 wouldn't be a problem. I am going to order one of the un-notched ones and see how it fits...I will let you know about the sizing once I get it.

BTW - my strap came without holes, so I needed to get it punched. I believe that the broadarrows have holes already in them. If not, I will send you my punch if you need it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Real good links ! I guess sometimes, things aren't always what they seem..Broadarrow/maratac looks good,
$20 sounds great ! BTW..Awesome Stowa ! Smile
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Real good links ! I guess sometimes, things aren't always what they seem..Broadarrow/maratac looks good,
$20 sounds great ! BTW..Awesome Stowa ! Smile
Thanks, I love everything about that watch!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:37 pm

cali kid wrote:
They were outed (not real kevlar), just buy the maratac elite from broadarrow or howard at west coast time! Same strap!!
I thought I'd read something about lies and other drama.

Too funny. These look a bit thick for my liking but they sure look good.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:43 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
cali kid wrote:
They were outed (not real kevlar), just buy the maratac elite from broadarrow or howard at west coast time! Same strap!!

Don't get me wrong, I really like the divestrap.com version...super comfortable! But give me a break with the markup...I mean, I am a suker, but not that big of a suker...insert joke here...
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:42 am

Rrryan wrote:
And here's something that'll really get you going: depending on which color choice you got, some of the divestraps custom tints were achieved using nothing more than felt pens to color white stitching, which owners complained was not colorfast in water. Perhaps not the most admirable trait in a "dive" strap. Wink
lol!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 am

Rrryan wrote:
andrema wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
cali kid wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I really like the divestrap.com version...super comfortable! But give me a break with the markup...I mean, I am a suker, but not that big of a suker...insert joke here...

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it. Some owners of both have reported that the Divestraps version seems perhaps slightly thicker/stiffer, other owners of both report that they're essentially identical. There were some speculations that Divestraps may have switched suppliers at some point, leading to the supposed discrepancies, i.e. some early buyers got a thicker version.

And here's something that'll really get you going: depending on which color choice you got, some of the divestraps custom tints were achieved using nothing more than felt pens to color white stitching, which owners complained was not colorfast in water. Perhaps not the most admirable trait in a "dive" strap. Wink
Hey Ryan, is that YOUR blog? If so, I like it!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Comparison of divestrap.com vs. broadarrow straps   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:14 pm

I received a new "kevlar" divestrap from broadarrow.com. In comparison to the divestrap.com strap that I have on my Seatime. They are exacly the same (other than the clasp), the F&F on the strap is exactly the same as my divestrap.com and it was $100 less! IMO ~ If you want a nice "kevlar" style strap, don't waste your money on divestrap.com, go to broadarrow!!!

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:48 pm

andrema wrote:
I received a new "kevlar" divestrap from broadarrow.com. In comparison to the divestrap.com strap that I have on my Seatime. They are exacly the same (other than the clasp), the F&F on the strap is exactly the same as my divestrap.com and it was $100 less! IMO ~ If you want a nice "kevlar" style strap, don't waste your money on divestrap.com, go to broadarrow!!!

Good to hear..It's nice to get quality for less ! Thanks for the update with the divestraps too !
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Amazing how these things cycle through over and over again.

As for coloring the stitching - Sharpies seem to work well and be colorfast.
Fortunately, both have colored thread...no sharpie required.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE   "Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Kevlar" Dive Straps...divestraps.com - UPDATE
Page 1 of 1