The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?

Go down 
+2
TVDinner
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Empty
PostSubject: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? 2

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? 1

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? 9

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? 8

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? 14

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? 15

A mere 62mm. Soon to be coming to you via a sleazy, Cigar smoking, fast talker! Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Affraid

LACO type giant chronometer was made in 1963 for USSR military pilots by 1st Moscow watch factory ("Poljot") .Grey antiglare case with the dust cover is in the excellent condition, case diameter is 62 mm, case thickness is 20 mm. Extra high grade 24 jewels movement has a logo of 1st Moscow watch factory, jewels qty., watch #1211 and date of production (4th quarter of 1954). Movement diameter is 50 mm. movement is in the perfect condition and the working order. Laco type metal dial with central seconds hand is in the excellent condition. The mineral glass crystal is in the good condition. Watch is selling with genuine leather handmade wristband. Max band width is 22 mm. This watch can be wear on the wrist, as well as on the coat (look on photos).

Last edited by Docrwm on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:50 pm

That looks like the typical wrist shot at WG...

Interesting watch! The movement looks huge!

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:58 pm

. . . . a 50mm movement????? scratch

Converted a ruskie pocket watch for the pilots eh'???? Hard to believe looking at that beast that these people built the MIG . . . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . . a 50mm movement????? scratch

Converted a ruskie pocket watch for the pilots eh'???? Hard to believe looking at that beast that these people built the MIG . . . . .

MiGs had some interesting HiTech equipment too

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Sprear

I'll never forget the defection to Japan in the late 70s of a MiG25 and Pilot. The technology analysis was fascinating. Brute force and old technology was the main conclusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:09 pm

My JSAR is the biggest watch i own now and it's plenty big for me!!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:10 pm

obviously it is stupidly large, but I have to admit the movement side looks interesting and massive.
Back to top Go down
Noisy Nova
Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:57 pm

I'd love to have it.
But not at $1K CND Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Noisy Nova wrote:
I'd love to have it.
But not at $1K CND Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_eek

You simply have to appreciate the History of the Piece and the shear grandeur of it on your wrist. $1k Canada is not so much for a piece with its rich and meaningful place in the broad sweep of things Whorological!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Weren't watches like that really meant to be worn over a flight jacket,easily readable at arms length, and have a crown easily operated while wearing gloves?
Like the "real" russian divers these actually were tool watches not meant to be worn for regular use.
That would look stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:41 pm

foghorn wrote:
Weren't watches like that really meant to be worn over a flight jacket,easily readable at arms length, and have a crown easily operated while wearing gloves?
Like the "real" russian divers these actually were tool watches not meant to be worn for regular use.
That would look stupid.

But there are times......
Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Waiting-for-mail-large
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 pm

It would have to be a TOOL watch cuz it's down right FUGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:58 pm

foghorn wrote:
That would look stupid.

Well, we wouldn't want to look stupid while wearing a watch - now would we?
Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Mrswatch
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:05 pm

I wonder just HOW big the "I" company will go...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:12 pm

foghorn wrote:
That would look stupid.
Tell that to the folks over at WG! They still seem to think that 50+mm watches are normal. You have to love the "is this watch too big for my wrist" theads!

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:15 pm

andrema wrote:
foghorn wrote:
That would look stupid.
Tell that to the folks over at WG! They still seem to think that 50+mm watches are normal. You have to love the "is this watch too big for my wrist" theads!

I get a kick out of people that say 45mm is just too small for me, and they are like half my size. Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Lol
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:03 pm

It looks like Foghorn hit the nail on the head with this one ! Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_smile
The strap looks extra long as if it were to fit over a jacket or
something. This is one BIG watch that's for sure !..Definitely
a conversation piece !..That movement is really something
as well !

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:08 am

I would be interested in the watch from a historical perspective, but would'nt want to wear it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 am

You are such a tease.

When is it launching as an OTV, how much and will there be six value pays?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:26 am

I really don't think there would be too many people interested in a watch like that as a daily wear unless you are the size of Andre The Giant. I'm a fairly big guy, you would never hear me saying that 45mm is too small. I do like big watches but 46mm is my sweet spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:12 am

falcon4311 wrote:
I really don't think there would be too many people interested in a watch like that as a daily wear unless you are the size of Andre The Giant. I'm a fairly big guy, you would never hear me saying that 45mm is too small. I do like big watches but 46mm is my sweet spot.

Oh come on Don - Man Up! You NEED a 60mm watch Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 am

True, doc. Everyman needs a 60 mm watch - or a digital manhole cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?   Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches?  How Macho ARE YOU? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you SERIOUSLY into big watches? How Macho ARE YOU?
Page 1 of 1