The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TAG's NOT "it"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:09 pm

I've been scoping out TAGs recently after ignoring them - and considering the brand a Swish fashion wannabe - for years.
Sorry to say, my opinion of the brand has not improved. The offerings at Costco, several AquaRacers and chronos, look and feel quite cheap. And a recent encounter with a Monaco left me less than impressed.
I decided to give TAG another look after its investment and development of in-house movements. That effort, too, has become a bust with me as a result of the company claiming a Seiko movement as it's own.
Tiger Woods and TAG deserve each other.
Back to top Go down

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Can't please everyone.

Where's that horse-beating smilie?

lol!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 pm

Tag Heuer does make a few cool looking watches ! However, it does seem
that their watches are a bit expensive ! Especially for quartz models ! TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_eek
Not that I wouldn't mind having one ! TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_smile Thank you Boscoe for the honest
opinions !..It's important to have a brand that you like and feel is worth
the money. If the quality seems odd and the company doesn't suit you,
then you have made the right choice !..Thanks.

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:08 pm

boscoe wrote:
I've been scoping out TAGs recently after ignoring them - and considering the brand a Swish fashion wannabe - for years.
Sorry to say, my opinion of the brand has not improved. The offerings at Costco, several AquaRacers and chronos, look and feel quite cheap. And a recent encounter with a Monaco left me less than impressed.
I decided to give TAG another look after its investment and development of in-house movements. That effort, too, has become a bust with me as a result of the company claiming a Seiko movement as it's own.
Tiger Woods and TAG deserve each other.

I agree ...except the for the Mc Queen homage, Monaco re-issue (Heuer Caliber 17, ETA 2894/2)...a beauty Cool
Back to top Go down

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Well, the link bracelet is nice.
I was honestly fired up by their commitment to developing new movements and was hoping to support their efforts with my wallet.
Bit disappointed I can't, which is why I posted.
Back to top Go down

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:46 pm

I have yet to hold and/or try a TAG personally so I can't chime in on this topic. I like the looks of some of the TAG's but the price points seem very high for what you get in many instances.
Back to top Go down

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:27 pm

I have no problem with Tag Heuer.
They fall into an odd category for me.
Along with Oris and Glycines, I have owned multiple Tags over the years.
The odd thing is that when I see something else and something needs to be let go it has always been Oris,Glycine, or Tag that gets the boot.
I think it's more because they are an easier sell.
Never had a problem with the quality of any of these 3 brands-I just don't seem to keep them.
Go figure.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:45 am

I wore a Tag everyday for 5 years, it's what started me on this journey. I still own it and it's the one watch I would keep if I had to sell them all. I had a Citizen Quartz that self destructed on a motorcycle trip and had a hankering for a 'real' watch. I like some of the Tag designs....I usually buy at 50% or more off MSRP. They are well made, sorry if they don't float your boat. There are so many styles to completely write them off...my Aquagraph feels anything but cheap.

TAG's  NOT "it" Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 am

I used to hate Tag watches, but ever since their rotating disc chronos came out I have a certain respect for a few models, definitely. In person, they look great on people that I've seen. No experience with handling, but I've heard impressive reactions.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:16 am

I fight with myself over this thought. I've owned at least 6 of them in the past couple of years. I've kept a couple. Tag Heuer has great style. Their quality is generally great. Prices are too high, but I think that is true for any watch over $1000 - it doesn't stop me from buying them (used). Their quartz watches are particularly overpriced just as any quartz watch from Omega is overpriced. Their mechanical watches seem to have good engineering in mechanical quality matched with great outer design and style.

In spite of stating that their quartz watches are overpriced, I own 2 Tag Heuers, both quartz. I just like them.

Regards,
Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TAG's  NOT "it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAG's NOT "it"   TAG's  NOT "it" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAG's NOT "it"
Page 1 of 1