The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....

Go down 
+3
PoliMalaka
Anomaly
andrema
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Empty
PostSubject: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:30 am

First let me say that this is my first experience with Seiko and I must say I am X-tremely pleased with a this watch but there are a couple of negatives in my opinion. First the good stuff! This watch came with a NATO and rubber dive strap. It also came with a useful 1 watch travel case and not a wasted piece of junk that takes up space in my watchcase coffin. This watch started out as Seiko model SKX033, which I believe is now discontinued. The movement is the Seiko 7S26B and so far is keeping very good time. As I said, this is my first Seiko so I'm really not sure of the accuracy of this particular movement. There is a clear hardlex crystal front and on the exhibition caseback. The sides and back of the case are high polished with the top of the lugs being brushed. The dial design is FROGIFIED and very cool. It is X-tremely comfortable on the wrist with the NATO strap. Now for the downsides in my opinion. The orange area of the minute hand is supposed to be UV activated...this is dead and the only lume on the second hand is on the ball, none on the second hand itself, as you can see from the half-ass lume shot of mine. Also the bezel is bi-directional which would make a difference to me if I actually was a diver. So for me the lume is so-so but the rest of the watch is definately MAD SICK! I love it! Now to the pics....one day I'll get good at this!

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture221

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture229

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture234

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture235

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture236

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture219

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture238

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture237

Thanks for lookin!

Last edited by bodypeersur1 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 am

VERY cool, especially with the exhibition case back! You can't go wrong with a Noah mod, great pickup
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 am

Very nice!!!

The negatives that you listed seem pretty small...the other negative is that you beat me to buying this!!!

How do you like the polished case sides? Do you think that you will "Trevorize" the case some day (brush the sides)?

Great first Seiko!!!

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:38 am

Looks good. Is the bezel on that model supposed to be bi-directional or is it a defect do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:40 am

I agree Mark, the down sides are minimal. As for the polished case...hmm, may consider Ron's expertise at bead-blasting but for now I'm enjoying it Au Naturale!!!! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_geek

Richard, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be bi-directional or not. I'll have to wait and see what Noah says. I'm Seiko Stupid. The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am

My question came across as kind of obnoxious...sorry 'bout that, was not meant to. Was just curious.

Anyways, will be looking forward to see!!!

Love the case it comes in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Very nice! Congrats. The accuracy of that movement is not very good, but it is tough. You will see a lot of variation. I love the looks of that dial and handset, but you need to shitcan that NATO and get it on the pleated rubber ASAP!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:10 pm

watchcollector1968 wrote:
My question came across as kind of obnoxious...sorry 'bout that, was not meant to. Was just curious.

Anyways, will be looking forward to see!!!

Love the case it comes in.

Nah, didn't sound obnoxious in the least. I was wondering the same thing as I was with the orange lume. Maybe Noah will shed some light on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
Very nice! Congrats. The accuracy of that movement is not very good, but it is tough. You will see a lot of variation. I love the looks of that dial and handset, but you need to shitcan that NATO and get it on the pleated rubber ASAP!!

OK Bro, I'm going to take your suggestion and switch it out. I haven't found any pleated rubber straps that I like but I'll give it a shot. MAN YOU HAVE THE POWER OF SKELTON!!!! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Fresse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Very nice looking Duff! I like the nato strap on this but rubber would look great to.
Congrats on getting this bro
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Good, HONEST review DUFF!

It's constructive criticism like that which will help Noah make even SICKER mods in the future!

Enjoy it!

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:20 pm

. . . . I think Trevor said it best a while back . . . . WINNER,WINNER . . .CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Now that I have that out of my system . . . I love it Duff, I dig the polished case sides. the only way I would lose them is if it got beat up over time, you can Cali-Kid the sides then. The Nato is decent, bet it would look wicked on a Watchadoo . . . .

Oh, and bless your heart for accepting a Bi-Directional watch into your home, I'm just not that accepting of alternate lifestyles yet . . . . but good for you . . . . It makes you seem special.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 pm

I commented before that I didn't like the frog skelly. Nix that. Opinion changed. Love the watch!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Fantastic watch Duff !!! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_eek The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_biggrin I think the pictures are excellent BTW !
This watch looks terrific and the gray in the Nato strap really brings out
the gray hand on the dial. Also the orange hand and frog are just the
best !..The case, bezel and movement are simply AWESOME as well sir !!!
It's nice that you can also change looks with the extra straps too !..Thanks
for the review Duff and Congratulations on owning one of Noah's watches ! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 pm

I love the dial on that one, Duff. Simply the best Seiko mod I've EVER seen The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_cheers Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Duff,

Congratulations! You deserve to finally have a real watch, nice Seiko! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Great watch Duff, the only negative I see is your photograph skills! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:55 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Great watch Duff, the only negative I see is your photograph skills! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Lol

Oh that is just freakin COLD NOOB!!! BYTE ME DINK!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A couple of different pair of shoes.   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 pm

On the rubber strap...

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture239

On a Watchadoo Wannabe...

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Picture241
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Awesome watch dude! Great job to Noah and Jake. I really like the simplicity of the dial. Looks clean. I like it on the rubber strap. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 pm

The rubber strap was actually more comfortable than most I have worn...compliments of Noah, but I really like the look of the Bond NATO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:15 pm

I have to agree Duff. I like it on the bond nato also. it's very unique looking on the bond and will get a lot of looks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Nice frogification for the tree hugger. I like all of the straps and I say leave it polished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Newwatchfiend wrote:
Nice frogification for the tree hugger. I like all of the straps and I say leave it polished.

Thanks My Brutha and WELCOME BACK! Glad to see you! Where the hell you been???
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Congrats Duff, it looks good on the Bond and the rubber.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Duff..the rubber strap and Watchadoo wannabe look great on
the UDT Diver too ! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_cheers I have a feeling this watch looks
GOOD with any strap !!!..Congratulations..NICE job !

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Great looking watch!

I believe that the "B" version of the 7s movements is more accurate than the original "A" series.

The bezel on all of my Seiko Divers (3) is unidirectional but I never use them so it wouldn't matter to me if the went both ways The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_flower .

I have a question about the water resistance.

The dial states 333M-shouldn't it be 100m or 333 ft??? The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Hey Duff, I just more carefully read your review. Are you sure the entire minute hand is supposed to be luminescent? Just looks like orange paint to me. Also regarding the second hand. As you are self-admittedly not used to Japanese divers, many Seiko and Citizen offerings have no lume on the "readable" portion of the second hand. Only that counterbalance dot to confirm that your watch is indeed running. Again, great watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Awesome Seiko, Duff! Looks best on the strap, I think. But watchadoos are the shizzle.

Enjoy it! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Duff that froggy seiko mod is bad azz, but seein as your not really a rubber guy you can ship it on up here to the freakin freezin north and mayby warm a brutha up. The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:17 am

foghorn wrote:
Great looking watch!

I believe that the "B" version of the 7s movements is more accurate than the original "A" series.

The bezel on all of my Seiko Divers (3) is unidirectional but I never use them so it wouldn't matter to me if the went both ways The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_flower .

I have a question about the water resistance.

The dial states 333M-shouldn't it be 100m or 333 ft??? The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_study

Yes, for the water resistance should be 100m. Typo I guess. Also, I was told by Ditchdoc, who has this model that the bezel was bi-directional!!! LMAO!

Aqua Homer wrote:
Hey Duff, I just more carefully read your review. Are you sure the entire minute hand is supposed to be luminescent? Just looks like orange paint to me. Also regarding the second hand. As you are self-admittedly not used to Japanese divers, many Seiko and Citizen offerings have no lume on the "readable" portion of the second hand. Only that counterbalance dot to confirm that your watch is indeed running. Again, great watch!

I'm pretty sure the orange is supposed to be luminescent according to Noah's orignal post. Here's the link to it.
https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/general-watch-discussion-f4/the-new-deluxe-udt-diver-mod-t2419.htm
It sure looks lit up in the pic. And thanks for the info on the second hand.
FreeDive wrote:
Awesome Seiko, Duff! Looks best on the strap, I think. But watchadoos are the shizzle.

Enjoy it! The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_cheers

I have to agree with the straps looking cool. I have it on the bracelet now but it will be coming off when I get home from work. Just doesn't work for me. But the NATO and rubber ROCK!

flhjim wrote:
Duff that froggy seiko mod is bad azz, but seein as your not really a rubber guy you can ship it on up here to the freakin freezin north and mayby warm a brutha up. The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_geek

Now Jim, didn't you have Noah send you wunna deeze fine rubber straps for Christmas??? Of course it didn't come with the UDT, but hey...The Price Was Right!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:16 am

You are not kidding about the minute hand. Huge difference between yours and the one in Noahs original post. Sorry bout' that. Should have paid more attention. I've never seen anything like that before.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:44 am

Looks great you treefrog loving tree hugger!
Back to top Go down
loosecannon
Associate

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:51 am

sweet brother loving that one.. The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 am

Absolutely awesome! I consider lume to be a bonus, it's not a deal breaker for me if the lume is so so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....   The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The UDT Diver Mod by Noah!!! With 2 more pair of shoes....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next