The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Swiss Trade Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New Swiss Trade Show Empty
PostSubject: New Swiss Trade Show   New Swiss Trade Show Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 pm

NEWS
The inaugural Geneva Time Exhibition (GTE) prepares to open in a few days' time!

January 12, 2010
Switzerland's first Independent Watchmakers' Fair, showcasing the horological ingenuity of nearly 40 watch brands, opens at 2pm on Sunday 17 January at Geneva's International Conference Centre, continuing through Friday 22 January.

Geared both to luxury business professionals and collectors and connoisseurs of superlative timepieces, GTE is already a signal success – even before opening its doors. The number of registered exhibitors, which stood at 29 in November, has since soared to a total of 38 independent brands, representing nearly 400 years of watchmaking tradition and creativity between them.

To fair director Florence Noël, 'The enthusiastic response to our all-in fair concept reflects the extraordinary dynamism of the independent watchmaking sector! GTE is already considered a viable alternative to the big international watch fairs.

From l. to r.: Florence Noël, Dominique Franchino, Paola Orlando

By creating a top-class exhibition platform, along with a competitively priced international communications service, Time Exhibitions offer watch brands the chance to penetrate new markets while respecting their budgetary constraints.

Geneva Time Exhibition's debut promises a host of innovations and surprises in the fields of technology, marketing and design. Over a thousand visitors are expected at GTE, including top sportsmen and showbiz personalities.

Source: Geneva Time Exhibition
www.geneva-time-exhibition.ch

This is an interesting attempt by the independents to fight the giants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Swiss Trade Show   New Swiss Trade Show Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:36 pm

You guys need to send me a donation ASAP, flight leaves noon pst on jan 16! Also need help with room and board, plus wouldnt mind picking up a few watches while there!! dont hesitate on sending the funds and remember i will be supporting XMT at all events!! Just a win-win for all of us!! New Swiss Trade Show Icon_king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Swiss Trade Show   New Swiss Trade Show Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Do you need a chaperone? i'd be glad to help.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Swiss Trade Show   New Swiss Trade Show Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:41 pm

cali kid wrote:
You guys need to send me a donation ASAP, flight leaves noon pst on jan 16! Also need help with room and board, plus wouldnt mind picking up a few watches while there!! dont hesitate on sending the funds and remember i will be supporting XMT at all events!! Just a win-win for all of us!! New Swiss Trade Show Icon_king

LMAO!

PostSubject: Re: New Swiss Trade Show   New Swiss Trade Show Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Cali, you are SO brave! Thanks for volunteering. The world needs more selfless people like you!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Swiss Trade Show   New Swiss Trade Show Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 pm

This should be some Watch Show !!! New Swiss Trade Show Icon_eek WOW !!! Imagine the GREAT
time you could have there looking at SO many watches from SO many
brands ! New Swiss Trade Show Icon_biggrin Trevor and Sophenic you guys would have a GOOD time
over there..How about we make some XMT hats or T-Shirts for you
to give out to the people there ?! New Swiss Trade Show Alien

PostSubject: Re: New Swiss Trade Show   New Swiss Trade Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Swiss Trade Show
Page 1 of 1