The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!

Go down 
+4
thianwong
Northwestguy
AtomicTom
Anomaly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Empty
PostSubject: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:56 pm

All my watches are autos now and wondered if I should have at least ONE quartz...?

Same specs...at least 44mm, on bracelet, 3-hand or GMT...

Show me something REALLY cool!

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Alot of quartz with bracelet for your size requirements are chronos...

I can think of the JSAR...

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 2222642140094916005S500x500Q85

THE SWISS ARMY DIVE MASTER.

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Swiss-army-241037

Theres this, but Its only 42mm, but I think with the lug width from top to bottom being long, it would probably play bigger....

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! DievasOceantimerBlueL

Theres the Chase durer Strike force. 45mm, plus it has tubes, and it is a GMT,....
Theres a guy selling one on WUS for $300

Thats all I can think of for right now...........

Heres the link to WUS for it........

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=404184&highlight=chase+durer

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Chase_durer_432_2ll_bra_3504
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Doesn't come on a bracelet but 46mm x 13mm Citizen Eco Drive so no batteries to worry about. Only downside is this model has been discontinued so if you like it keep an eye on the sales boards.
Edit: Bluedial.com seems to have them for $177 and they are a Citizen AD.
http://www.bluedial.com/bn0020-07e.htm

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! E0f59dda57bf4a97a517609fccaa64bd
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:33 pm

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Can't believe I forgot about the EcoZilla on a bracelet. 46mm x 18mm.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/English/detail.asp?Country=COA&Language=English&ModelNumber=BJ8050-59E
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Some great choices so far...

...thanks fellas!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 am

Sorry I listed the same Dive Master, and Dievas Tattoo Chef and Alan ! Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_eek

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 am

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Newtoshop_2008_overlay_1

45mm case, ceramic bracelet

$178.98
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: If you can find this Seiko model...8F56 quartz Landtrek GMT ti....   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:59 am

accuracy +-20/year....42mm

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Landtrekfulldiallumeview

Or...if you really want to be different....this G Shock smaller version Frogman at 45mm, full 200m ISO rated...hard to find in the West outside of Japan....

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! BabyGfroggie2015
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:40 am

I second the Dievas Oceantimer.
Great fit and finish.

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 1330bracelet

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 1330clasp

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 1330face2

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 1330back2

Not made anymore but I think this one could qualify also.

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Dievasbest
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:08 pm

badest around...I like the black one, but the regular finish (like the U1) is awesome too!!

UX S EZM 2B SN-197 [url=https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/javascript:openImageViewer('Jura Watches - Image Viewer','http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/images/products/hires/UX-S-EZM-2B-sili.jpg');]Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Imagedisplay[/url]

Diver's watch with quartz movement and oil filled case - more details

• Case diameter (mm): 44.0
• Case thickness (mm): 13.5
• Case metal: Black PVD Submarine steel
• Case back: Solid
• Tegimented: Fully
• Winding: Quartz - Hydro oil filled

Fully Tegimented All Black Case

This watch is far more than simply a black version of the standard Sinn UX. When Sinn first introduced the U Diver's Series several years ago, the most requested feature was an all Tegimented watch (the standard U models feature a Tegimented bezel).

The Sinn UX Black is constructed from the same steel that is used on the outer hull of submarines. The steel was procured by Sinn from a steel supplier to Emden GmbH, one of Germany’s North Sea shipbuilding yards who construct submarines from the very same steel. This special steel is also amagnetic which means that is does not have magnetic properties and cannot itself become magnetized. The watch movement itself is protected from magnetic fields up to 4,800 A/m.

Next, the Sinn UX Black features a completely Tegimented case, bezel, crown and case back. Standard steel used by most watch companies has a hardness of between 200 and 240 HV (Hardness Vickers is a common scale used to measure material hardness). The Tegiment layer on this watch in combination with the PVD coating has a hardness in excess of 2,000 Vickers which is more than nine times harder than standard steel.

The Tegiment layer is not a coating consisting of a foreign material, instead the steel itself that has been hardened using a special engineering process that creates a hardened barrier. This process increases the submarine steel's resistance to corrosion, as well as provides extreme protection from scratches and other damage to the case.

Technology

Unlike the Sinn U1 and Sinn U2, the Sinn UX Black features a quartz movement rather than a mechanical movement. This movement is a certified chronometer, and includes a rating certificate.

By using this type of movement, Sinn is able to fill the watch with oil, which has the double affect of greatly enhancing the readability of the dial and time from any angle (including under water), and increasing the water resistance of the watch even at great depths. The special battery used to power the movement has an expected life of seven years before needing to be replaced.

The Sinn UX Black is covered with a thick sapphire crystal for extreme protection. This sapphire crystal features a special anti-reflective coating that is scratch resistant - the coating itself has been hardened to 1,800 HV.

The uni-directional ratchet operated rotating bezel is also milled from this submarine steel. The indices are machined directly into the bezel without the use of bezel inserts, which can corrode or come loose at deep depths. The bezel features Sinn's Tegiment technology.

This watch is designed for operation in extreme temperature variations - it operates in temperatures between -20° Celsius to +60° Celsius. The movement is water resistant to 5,000 meters, and the case is pressure tested to a diving depth of 12,000 meters as certified by Germanischer Lloyd in Hamburg.

Matte black dial with date at 3, Super Luminova on hands and markers, and striking red seconds hand complete the design. Other features include sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating. Strap is silicone rubber with double push deployant buckle and fliplock safety clasp.

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:16 pm

andrema wrote:
badest around...I like the black one, but the regular finish (like the U1) is awesome too!!

UX S EZM 2B SN-197 [url=https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/javascript:openImageViewer('Jura Watches - Image Viewer','http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/images/products/hires/UX-S-EZM-2B-sili.jpg');]Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Imagedisplay[/url]

Diver's watch with quartz movement and oil filled case - more details

• Case diameter (mm): 44.0
• Case thickness (mm): 13.5
• Case metal: Black PVD Submarine steel
• Case back: Solid
• Tegimented: Fully
• Winding: Quartz - Hydro oil filled

Fully Tegimented All Black Case

This watch is far more than simply a black version of the standard Sinn UX. When Sinn first introduced the U Diver's Series several years ago, the most requested feature was an all Tegimented watch (the standard U models feature a Tegimented bezel).

The Sinn UX Black is constructed from the same steel that is used on the outer hull of submarines. The steel was procured by Sinn from a steel supplier to Emden GmbH, one of Germany’s North Sea shipbuilding yards who construct submarines from the very same steel. This special steel is also amagnetic which means that is does not have magnetic properties and cannot itself become magnetized. The watch movement itself is protected from magnetic fields up to 4,800 A/m.

Next, the Sinn UX Black features a completely Tegimented case, bezel, crown and case back. Standard steel used by most watch companies has a hardness of between 200 and 240 HV (Hardness Vickers is a common scale used to measure material hardness). The Tegiment layer on this watch in combination with the PVD coating has a hardness in excess of 2,000 Vickers which is more than nine times harder than standard steel.

The Tegiment layer is not a coating consisting of a foreign material, instead the steel itself that has been hardened using a special engineering process that creates a hardened barrier. This process increases the submarine steel's resistance to corrosion, as well as provides extreme protection from scratches and other damage to the case.

Technology

Unlike the Sinn U1 and Sinn U2, the Sinn UX Black features a quartz movement rather than a mechanical movement. This movement is a certified chronometer, and includes a rating certificate.

By using this type of movement, Sinn is able to fill the watch with oil, which has the double affect of greatly enhancing the readability of the dial and time from any angle (including under water), and increasing the water resistance of the watch even at great depths. The special battery used to power the movement has an expected life of seven years before needing to be replaced.

The Sinn UX Black is covered with a thick sapphire crystal for extreme protection. This sapphire crystal features a special anti-reflective coating that is scratch resistant - the coating itself has been hardened to 1,800 HV.

The uni-directional ratchet operated rotating bezel is also milled from this submarine steel. The indices are machined directly into the bezel without the use of bezel inserts, which can corrode or come loose at deep depths. The bezel features Sinn's Tegiment technology.

This watch is designed for operation in extreme temperature variations - it operates in temperatures between -20° Celsius to +60° Celsius. The movement is water resistant to 5,000 meters, and the case is pressure tested to a diving depth of 12,000 meters as certified by Germanischer Lloyd in Hamburg.

Matte black dial with date at 3, Super Luminova on hands and markers, and striking red seconds hand complete the design. Other features include sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating. Strap is silicone rubber with double push deployant buckle and fliplock safety clasp.

ME LIKEY!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Another bad ass quartz ----->>>>
Seiko Prospex MarineMaster Professional 300M Quartz SBBN015

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! SBBN015

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:25 pm

andrema wrote:

Yeah Baby - Wish I could find one under a Grand.
Havin a hard time paying that much for a quartz.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:37 pm

jaw wrote:
andrema wrote:

The only thing with that one is that the bracelet is a little thin. If I were to buy a high end quartz, it would more than likely be the Sinn. That thing makes me drool every time...

good luck in your search JAW...

Associate

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:20 am

Just returned from the wilds of Costa Rica, where my quartz SMW Titan exhibited supreme bad ass-ness through a variety of outdoor activities.

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! SMWTitan-wrist
Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! SMWTitan-side
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:54 am

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Stingray096

Sorry forgot the specs 44 x 15 one of the first Seiko kinetics released some time in the 90s in a shiny mono Titanium case with Gmt function.
Call the stingray due to the case back.

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Stingray005

Last edited by Jamie on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:31 am

Jamie wrote:
Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Stingray096

. . . well, you asked for a bad ass quartz. You got one . . . Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 939297
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:15 am

Great watches fellas!

And I love ANY TIME SOONER POSTS! Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_twisted

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:21 am

Here is my favorite quartz

Android Concept T Retrograde

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 213_311403_080000000

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! J178117_00_detail&$350x350_jpg$

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! J178117&$350x350_jpg$
Bracelet: Stainless steel

Movement: Swiss Ronda 7004.P Quartz

Crystal: Hardened Mineral

Crown: Push/pull

Clasp: Deployant

Bracelet Measurements: 8 1/2" L x 24 mm W

Case Measurements: 48mm

Water Resistance: 10 ATM - 100 meters - 330 feet
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Anomaly wrote:
And I love ANY TIME SOONER POSTS!
Thanks Alan. I'll try harder to jack up my post count.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:31 am

andrema wrote:
jaw wrote:
andrema wrote:

The only thing with that one is that the bracelet is a little thin. If I were to buy a high end quartz, it would more than likely be the Sinn. That thing makes me drool every time...

good luck in your search JAW...

Must have talked it up - Found one on WUS today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Another Tuna

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! IMG_0138

Bracelet is very nice also.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:41 pm

GREAT watches fellas!

I'm STILL on the fence over a few...

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:23 pm

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 4379168186_afcba119eb_b

A $79 weekend watch

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! 4746120486_d05882c12c_b
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:08 am

PostSubject: Re: Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!   Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show me a BAD ASS....QUARTZ!
Page 1 of 1