The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No work for me . . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

No work for me  . . . . Empty
PostSubject: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:41 pm

. . . Working today???

Hooked myself up with a 4 day weekend.

Been a lazy bastard about it too. We still have the christmas tree up in the living room . . . . geek . . . . not even going to touch it today, I'm heading out the door to meet Steve (Tazman64) and get a look at his new Megalodon in person . . . . I want to see that bad SUMBEECH (thanks Duff!!!) . . . .
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:42 pm

FUN DAY!

Cool!

I am lucky, I work from home...

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 pm

No work for me today (still). Sitting here watching the rain blow horizontally past my window...
Dakar ends, Australian Open begins.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Work for me. Would love the day off!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 pm

No work for me today either! Cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:38 pm

...now the rain's blowing horizontally the other direction... and they're predicting a full week of this.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:39 pm

porschefan wrote:
...now the rain's blowing horizontally the other direction... and they're predicting a full week of this.
The LA river will have water in it for a change after this week!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:44 pm

andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Yes it will Mark. Then it'll have some idiot kid in a raft in it, too, that'll need to be rescued.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:50 pm

porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Yes it will Mark. Then it'll have some idiot kid in a raft in it, too, that'll need to be rescued.
The last time I was in LA it was raining in the morning and there were tons of crashes and one guy even managed to go of the freeway into the river...must have been a "CHIPS accident!" I think it was on the 134
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:53 pm

andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:

The last time I was in LA it was raining in the morning and there were tons of crashes and one guy even managed to go of the freeway into the river...must have been a "CHIPS accident!" I think it was on the 134

I remember that... he went off the I-5, just south of the 134.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . Working today???

Hooked myself up with a 4 day weekend.

Been a lazy bastard about it too. We still have the christmas tree up in the living room . . . . geek . . . . not even going to touch it today, I'm heading out the door to meet Steve (Tazman64) and get a look at his new Megalodon in person . . . . I want to see that bad SUMBEECH (thanks Duff!!!) . . . .

You guys are really pissing me off, you know i'm a 1 1/2 maybe 2 hours away!! No work for me  . . . . Suspect No work for me  . . . . Kopfschuettel No work for me  . . . . Icon_evil No work for me  . . . . Icon_pale No work for me  . . . . Icon_mad and i've got 3 company credit cards for lunch, watches, women!! Scratch number 3 , we're all to old for that one!! No work for me  . . . . Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:59 pm

How many movies do you think have been filmed in the LA river over the years!! Plenty of car chases and a few helicopters!! All that cement just great for the taggers, man i wished i was closer my krylon spray paint sales would go up 10 fold!!! No work for me  . . . . Alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Two holidays in a row for me , today and tomorrow pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Patients all day for me. Tomorrow is an administrative day though. Paperwork No work for me  . . . . Icon_cheers No work for me  . . . . 500253
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Not a lot of Holidays in the Nursing Profession. As for the LA River..... how does it rate being called a river? We call them drainage ditches in the east! No work for me  . . . . Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Not a lot of Holidays in the Nursing Profession. As for the LA River..... how does it rate being called a river? We call them drainage ditches in the east! No work for me  . . . . Icon_twisted

Because it flows from the hills to the sea? No work for me  . . . . Icon_scratch There's an elavation change... not much of that in FL. No work for me  . . . . Icon_wink

It used to be a river before the Army Corps of Engineers came along with a plumb-bob and bags of cement.
Guess the name stuck, since it'd been called that for a couple hundred years.

Last edited by porschefan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:35 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
As for the LA River..... how does it rate being called a river? We call them drainage ditches in the east! No work for me  . . . . Icon_twisted

It's nothing but a concrete lined "ditch" most of the time, Duff...but it's a place you don't want to be near when it rains around here...

I can remember using it once in a while for testing performance and race boats many years back when I was a young and stupid boat magazine editor...it drains into the Pacific in Long Beach near Golden Shores boat ramp...once things mellow out after a hard rain and all the crap gets washed out, it's a nice, straight chunk of water with nobody else on it...I've run some fairly hellacious boats down the last mile or so of it.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:21 pm

I've seen it in many movies...car chases down it...and believe I've seen it full of water and moving faster than hell! Looks pretty dangerous at that time!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I've seen it in many movies...car chases down it...and believe I've seen it full of water and moving faster than hell! Looks pretty dangerous at that time!
Duff, what did it look like prior to the cement? It must have been beautiful to see in person... Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 pm

andrema wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Duff, what did it look like prior to the cement? It must have been beautiful to see in person... Laughing

You and me is gonna go around Big Boy!!! No work for me  . . . . Icon_twisted Call me old will ya!!!! No work for me  . . . . Icon_evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:

Yep, and that's usually when some idiot with a raft gets in it. Occasionally never to be seen again.
No work for me  . . . . LA+River

Before channeling it:
No work for me  . . . . 133106-M

Last edited by porschefan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Patients all day for me. Tomorrow is an administrative day though. Paperwork No work for me  . . . . Icon_cheers No work for me  . . . . 500253

How do you squeeze them in between posting No work for me  . . . . Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Thank goodness for the extended weekend Randy ! No work for me  . . . . Icon_biggrin Otherwise
you wouldn't have gotten to see the Megaladon !..By the way how
was it seeing that watch in person sir ?

PostSubject: Re: No work for me . . . .   No work for me  . . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No work for me . . . .
Page 1 of 1