The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.

Go down 
+3
sixtysix
merichar
Anomaly
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Empty
PostSubject: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:16 am

. . . . I know I drove you all nuts waiting for this watch. AH is one step away from a contract hit on me!!!

Now that I have it . . . . WOW!!!!

I've had watches show up that were not horrible, but not what I had hoped for . . . . and some from The big yellow box that actually were just horrible when they showed up. The best thing that has happened to me is to get away and see other brands.

The watch. Seiko Sawtooth. I saw this model at other forums and really liked the bezel, and the case/shrouding. Other than that I knew nothing else. Zero dissapointment in any area.

Fit and finish are flawless. Bezel to case is close and tight, no play. The bracelet links are tight, fitted with no slack or wobbley rattles. The bracelet itself is different from most other Seiko divers in the respect that it is more "cuff-like" at the lug connection. It is somewhat stiffer as it initially turns to the wrist.Same great Seiko clasp with push release. Same iffy dive extention . . . . it could be better.

It is a quartz. I'm confident it will be stone reliable . . . . based on Seiko's history and techology with the movement. And now that I have it in my hands, it makes no difference to me. An auto would be nice . . . but the watch gets past that easily.

The dial. I was close to ordering the orange version, had it in the cart, and opted for the blue instead. VERY glad I did. The blue is awesome!!! Not the typical indigo blue. It is a semi sun-ray finish, it shifts nicely in the light, and has borrowed the Omega wave pattern . . . . it makes the dial! Love the hands, they would be nice with a black outline, but they show well.

Big. It is big, but long enough lug to lug that it doesn't wear like a pie plate. Has great weight, but good balance. It is thick for a quartz watch, I like that, makes it feel substantial and not toy like;

Overall I am more than pleased with it. Satisfied enough to recommend it to anyone that may consider it for purchase. As for the seller . . . CreationWatches, out of Singapore . . . . they lived up to all they promised. I found the watch for less, but Creation was quick, with no BS about shipping costs or customs. To me, that's worth a few buck more . . . .

Customs tape all over . . .

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0164

Wrapped up brand new . . .

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0166

Sweet . . .

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0168

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0171

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0173

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0174

A hint of the sun-ray . . .

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0178

Waves . . .

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0179

Bracelet . . . . dive extention . . . .big old solid links and end links . . .

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0182

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0185

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0183

Not sized, but on the wrist . . .

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0189

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0190

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0191

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0196

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0194

Love this blue, love it!!!

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. IMG_0199

. . . . Glad to have a place to share this. Between the Oceanaunt Steve gifted me, and now this piece . . . . pretty happy cat here. Thanks XMTer's . . . . Randy.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:20 am

Brother that is one SICK watch!

Bezel TOTALLY rocks!

GREAT to NOT be disappointed!

Enjoy!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:25 am

You were getting a new watch-who knew? Congrats on your new sawtooth, I like the bezel and casework on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 am

Dag Ran Man, that is hot. I love that blue dial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 am

Awesome watch and glad we got the pics but randy its a friggin' Seiko.... a lume shot is a must and that thing looks like it will glow like a torch!! Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 am

Congratulations. Glad it got to you in good shape, given that it was opened and inspected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:15 am

Looks great Randy. Congrats. Another in a long list of Seikos I admire. I'm with Doc. I would feel violated if Customs opened and inspected my stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Looks great Randy. Congrats. Another in a long list of Seikos I admire. I'm with Doc. I would feel violated if Customs opened and inspected my stuff.

That is why, when given a choice, I pick EMS as I have not had one of their packages opened yet.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:15 am

Cool new Seiko!! Enjoy..... Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_biggrin

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am

Looks fantastic Randy! I know what you mean, some watches just impress right outta the box - i've found this to be the norm for Seikos. Glad you weren't disappointed.

Looks like a pretty good week for your collection! Enjoy the new ones!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 am

Handsome and seriously slick. Really dig the bezel!
I've just added another model to my Seiko want list.
Enjoyed the photos.
Best of luck with your new toy!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:07 pm

What a super Seiko you have there Randy !!!! Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_eek Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_smile Congratulations
on getting this one. That was a really good review you gave too. I
think the watch has it all. The dial is astonishingly cool, especially
with the wave pattern and markers. However, the bezel is just THE
best..WOW !..There is nothing not to like about your watch Randy !
The bracelet, case back and clasp also have quality written all over
them. I'm happy everything worked out so well..Enjoy ! Terrific Pics
by the way ! Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_biggrin

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Really nice watch, Randy. Cograts for that, and making it through the (semi-self induced) razing you took. It was worth it.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:16 pm

I love EVERYTHING about that watch. Really nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm

porschefan wrote:
Really nice watch, Randy. Cograts for that, and making it through the (semi-self induced) razing you took. It was worth it.

. . . . FULLY self induced . . . Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm

This Seiko sickness is spreading fast, man I love that. Very nice and well worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Way cool blue on the dial. Loom pics are needed for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:16 pm

That is a rocking piece with that sawtooth bezel! I like that blue dial. I think you made a good choice but you wouldn't have gone wrong with either. Congrats on the sweet seiko.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:35 pm

One of my favorite Seikos.

Lube the Goat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:40 pm

congrats Randy, that is one sweet watch. Love the pics and thanks for the review. That's on my list to get one of these days. Great size, outstanding looks, and I love the nice thick hands and hour indicators. Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Congratulations Randy! That blue dial is amazing. No kidding, It's the prettiest blue I've seen on a dial. I have stared at it for the last 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Very nice Randy!! Three hand love never gets old my friend...Enjoy!!!

Jeff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:08 am

I don't care for most Seikos but I have to say that is one of the most attractive I've seen, especially with the blue, wave-pattern dial. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:35 pm

cheers Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.   Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well worth the wait . . . Modem burner ahead.
Page 1 of 1