The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Empty
PostSubject: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet

My local Fossil outlet (Howell, MI) is clearing out their entire stock of Zodiac watches at 50% off of the tagged price. After the discount most all of the Zodiacs are marked down to $65 or less. Some are even as low as $30. The have MANY watches in stock with several trays of watches stored underneath the display cabinet.

Of course being an outlet store they only have the older styles.

I'm not sure if this is a nationwide sale but the clerk said that they were eliminating Zodiac from their outlet locations.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Here is what I know about this. I was at the Fossil Outlet in Foley Alabama a few weeks ago. They had NO ZODIACS at all. I asked if they had any coming back, they said NO and that they had sent ALL of the ones they did have to 3 different locations in 3 states, where they were all being discounted and sold at the busier locations. I was told this by the store manager less then 3 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:59 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Here is what I know about this. I was at the Fossil Outlet in Foley Alabama a few weeks ago. They had NO ZODIACS at all. I asked if they had any coming back, they said NO and that they had sent ALL of the ones they did have to 3 different locations in 3 states, where they were all being discounted and sold at the busier locations. I was told this by the store manager less then 3 weeks ago.

Interesting... So I guess that my local outlet is one of the busier locations as far as Zodiac sales numbers. Like I was sayng they had a ton of them, they had more Zodiacs there than I have ever seen at any of their other outlet stores. Probably in the neighborhood of 100 watches in approx 20 different styles.

I had them search for the ZMX models in their database but they didn't have any...

Last edited by Motegi on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:01 pm

What did you pick up?

Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Worthless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Docrwm wrote:
What did you pick up?

Unfortunately, nothing. If they had had a ZMX 02 or ZMX 03 I would have bought one (probably both!).

I have owned most of the Zodiac styles that they had in stock (aside from the womens models).
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Hmm..This sounds good and bad ! On the one hand there are
some good deals on Zodiacs. However, on the other, they are
disappearing from more and more locations evidently ! Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_eek Thanks
for the info Motegi and TVDinner ! Does anyone think Zodiac is
having problems ? I sure hope not !

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:04 am

AtomicTom wrote:
disappearing from more and more locations evidently ! Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_eek Thanks

I think the brand is simply moving upscale and trying to separate themselves from their entry level Fossil brand. Just look at the prices of the ZMX line.

In my area Nordstroms carries the newer Zodiac styles and I have NEVER seen them there discounted below MSRP. Not to mention only the nicest Nordstroms in the wealthiest suburbs in my area carry Zodiacs. The "normal" Nordstroms don't stock them at all...

The selection at my local Nordstroms seems to vary from week to week meaning that they most likely are selling them and replenishing their stock. Presently they have a combat/phantom version of the ZMX 02 that is incredible! I believe it was tagged at $795.00.

On a side note the clerk at my local Fossil Outlet store did a systemwide search for the ZMX line and their inventory showed them at only two locations in the US Fossil retail chain, both were Watch Station stores. The rest of the ZMX stock in the Fossil retail chain were at their shops in Europe.

Last edited by Motegi on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 am

Motegi wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

I think the brand is simply moving upscale and trying to separate themselves from their entry level Fossil brand. Just look at the prices of the ZMX line.

In my area Nordstroms carries the newer Zodiac styles and I have NEVER seen them there discounted below MSRP. Not to mention only the nicest Nordstroms in the wealthiest suburbs in my area carry Zodiacs. The "normal" Nordstroms don't stock them at all...

The selection at my local Nordstroms seems to vary from week to week meaning that they most likely are selling them and replenishing their stock. Presently they have a combat/phantom version of the ZMX 02 that is incredible! I believe it was tagged at $795.00.

On a side note the clerk at my local Fossil Outlet store did a systemwide search for the ZMX line and their inventory showed them at only two locations in the Fossil retail chain, both were Watch Station stores. The rest of the ZMX stock in the Fossil retail chain were at their shops in Europe.

This is some great information and insight Motegi. I had been noticing that there aren't anymore
Zodiacs at Metrowatch either. At first I thought it was just an after the Holidays slow down or
something. However, now that I read what you guys are saying, it seems things might be changing
at Zodiac. I unfortunately don't have Fossil Outlets around here. So that is why Metrowatch has
been so great for me. Hopefully what ever new watches are coming will be sold at Metrowatch
or maybe at some more of the Outlets in the future. If not, it's going to be VERY depressing
for Zodiac fans..myself included in there ! Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_eek With that combat ZMX..That one looks just fantastic,
but the price is a bit high..especially at Nordstroms. Well in any case, Thank You for the info and
I guess we will have to wait and see what happens next ! Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 am

There used to be actual stores in Orlando called Metro Watch Co which were part of the Fossil retail network and pretty much the same setup as the Fossil Outlets. Their store inventory was searchable from Fossil Outlet registers and vice versa. That was a few years ago when I still lived in FL so I don't know if the physical stores still exist. They usually stocked a good selection of Zodiacs.

The Metro Watch logo for the physical stores was the same as the eBay seller so I know that the eBay seller is an extension of the Fossil/Zodiac parent company.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 am

You have been a wealth of information tonight Motegi ! Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_cheers
I have never heard about the actual Metrowatch stores before.
However, I kind of figured they were connected to, or actually
were Zodiac because of the shipping of watches directly from
Zodiac itself. Thanks again for ALL of the information !

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:08 am

thanks guys for getting things back on track! Great deal on the Z's!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:27 am

The outlet in my area has completely stopped getting new ones and had a few models remaining, but this was several months ago.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:53 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
The outlet in my area has completely stopped getting new ones and had a few models remaining, but this was several months ago.

There are definitely some changes going on with Zodiac Ron. I'm just wondering
how it's all going to play out. Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Suspect

PostSubject: I'll give it a try   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:57 am

I'll be near one of the Fossil Outlets in Vegas tomorrow so I'll check it out. If I have any pick ups, I'll share some pics, too. My fingers are crossed!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Nate wrote:
I'll be near one of the Fossil Outlets in Vegas tomorrow so I'll check it out. If I have any pick ups, I'll share some pics, too. My fingers are crossed!

Cool Nate ! Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_smile Good luck and let us know how it goes !

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Good luck... at the tables too!
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:24 am

The fossil outlet we went to last fall didn't have any Zodiac's at all. I was so disappointed. If you are going to make a run, let all of us know and we will give you a shopping list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 am

I hope to be there tomorrow (Sat) on the strip and I'll let you guys know what I find. I'll probably take a pic or two if it is worth taking, too.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:54 am

A few weeks ago I visited both Fossil Outlets in Las Vegas.

At the south strip outlet Fossil had about a dozen mens Zodiacs, more womens models. At the north outlet mall (more upscale one) the Fossil store had about 40 mens Zodiacs, but still nothing to get my money.

I wrote a short report and included lots of pics in another thread. Do a forum search for Las Vegas to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:44 am

The Fossil store here in Nashville has apparently stopped stocking Zodiacs also. Last time I was there, they had only 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 am

Metro watch stopped getting the dragon wings almost a year ago because I have been trying to get a lume dial one. I settled for a black dial and have been trying to sell it. I guess it is no longer for sale. I guess they are going to be harder to get and more expensive. I better keep the one I have because I doubt I will get a lume dial new and for a good price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nothing special here in Vegas. :(   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:02 pm

The Zs here in Vegas are regularly priced. Nothing really very special to report. Sad
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Nate wrote:
The Zs here in Vegas are regularly priced. Nothing really very special to report. Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_sad

Well thanks for the report and update anyway Nate ! Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!   Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zodiac clearance at Fossil Outlet... 50% off!!
Page 1 of 1