The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For The Porsche Fan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

For The Porsche Fan Empty
PostSubject: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:17 am

If we have any Porsche Fans out there ! Thought this might
be very interesting and fun ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_biggrin Enjoy !

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:26 am

I'd love to work for Jeff Zwart. That was filmed at the decommissioned El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Orange County, CA ( I was raised about 7 miles from it). Great commercial with some good CGI.

Behind the scenes look:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/03/video-the-making-of-the-porsche-panamera-family-tree-ad

edit: Oh, you added it to your post, never mind.

Last edited by porschefan on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:30 am

Thanks Tim ! That is actually the link I was trying to give. However, I kept making
a mistake with it, so I went to Youtube and got two videos ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_smile Extremely cool !

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:34 am

Cool vids for sure, I just really don't like the Panamera.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:38 am

porschefan wrote:
Cool vids for sure, I just really don't like the Panamera.

It's funny because I kind of thought Porsche would have had a four door car
for years. However, I kind of thought that might take away from the Porsche
sports car mystique for fans of the company at the same time ! I know you
are probably in the majority with fans who don't like this idea ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_smile I know I
wouldn't want a four door Mustang ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_eek

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:46 am

A four-door "sports car" can be done, but yeah, not by Porsche. I'd not expect to see it around for many more years. Below are a couple examples of 4 doors that work, IMHO.
For The Porsche Fan Epcp_0812_03_z+2009_Maserati_Quattroporte_S+side_view
For The Porsche Fan Aston_martin_rapide_renderings_two_images_1
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:49 am

Those ARE nice Tim ! I think Porsche did do a good job, they just seem
to be catering to a different crowd with the four door idea. I guess you
can't blame them though !

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:50 am

AtomicTom wrote:
I guess you can't blame them though !

Yes you can. For The Porsche Fan Icon_wink

The closet you'll ever see to a four-door Ferrari is that Maserati.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:20 am

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

That Maserati is awesome Tim !..Let's not forget though, you are a Porsche fan sir ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:06 am

AtomicTom wrote:
porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

That Maserati is awesome Tim !..Let's not forget though, you are a Porsche fan sir ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_cheers

Yes I am, historically; but I have eyed the Quattro Porte a couple of times for a sedan. And we came close to buying a AM Vantage V8 about a year ago, also. We have a friend in NY that sells cars, and we could get a good deal.
Porsche should have never have done it, or the Cayenne. Oh well, I'm just a fan, not the boss. For The Porsche Fan Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:53 am

porschefan wrote:
I'd love to work for Jeff Zwart. That was filmed at the decommissioned El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Orange County, CA ( I was raised about 7 miles from it). Great commercial with some good CGI.

Behind the scenes look:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/03/video-the-making-of-the-porsche-panamera-family-tree-ad

The odd part of this is, the "behind the scenes" video is full of a lot of great shots of the Porsches on the tarmac at El Toro...but none of it seems to have made the commercial — which, I'd give good odds on, was filmed at at the El Mirage dry lake bed out in the high Mohave desert.....

Only reason I say this is because it's about the only place around L.A. (home of the majority of agencies with car OEM clients) that's absolutely flat, hard, barren (see the overhead shots) and cheap...watch the commercial, and in some places you can see the cracked lake bed in the foreground. This is where virtually all these types of commercials are filmed...I've shot out there myself for magazines...once you get your permit, it's pretty no-holds-barred, within reason and the dust you stir up. It's where I taught my son how to drive "at speed" (i.e., 100+ mph) during a lull in a 4-truck shoot once....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:58 am

Very cool videos Tom, some stunning cars as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:03 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Behind the scenes look:

The odd part of this is, the "behind the scenes" video is full of a lot of great shots of the Porsches on the tarmac at El Toro...but none of it seems to have made the commercial — which, I'd give good odds on, was filmed at at the El Mirage dry lake bed out in the high Mohave desert.....

Only reason I say this is because it's about the only place around L.A. (home of the majority of agencies with car OEM clients) that's absolutely flat, hard, barren (see the overhead shots) and cheap...watch the commercial, and in some places you can see the cracked lake bed in the foreground. This is where virtually all these types of commercials are filmed...I've shot out there myself for magazines...once you get your permit, it's pretty no-holds-barred, within reason and the dust you stir up. It's where I taught my son how to drive "at speed" (i.e., 100+ mph) during a lull in a 4-truck shoot once....

Yeah, but I'm not too sure... no shots on a dry lake in the 'behind the scenes' and in some shots 'on the lake' it looks more like runway tarmac. Film quality is lower on finished as compared to 'behind the scenes,' much better on the latter... Also, I'd be surprised if some of those owners would be thrilled with the talcum like powder from the lake filtering through their cars. I've driven on El Mirage a lot (we used to test race trucks there) and no matter how hard and dry, there's dust being picked up.
I've sent an email to an owner of one the cars in the commercial. Waiting...

Last edited by porschefan on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Yes I am, historically; but I have eyed the Quattro Porte a couple of times for a sedan. And we came close to buying a AM Vantage V8 about a year ago, also. We have a friend in NY that sells cars, and we could get a good deal.
Porsche should have never have done it, or the Cayenne. Oh well, I'm just a fan, not the boss. For The Porsche Fan Icon_lol

falcon4311 wrote:
Very cool videos Tom, some stunning cars as well.

Tim, You have some pretty COOL taste in cars ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_eek For The Porsche Fan Icon_smile As for the Cayenne, it's kind of the same
thing as the Panamera..Good for the public, but maybe not a Porsche fan. Ya know, if you or a person
like you was boss Tim..I think more people might be happier !

Don, glad you enjoyed them ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_biggrin I saw the link yesterday and thought that it might
be entertaining !!! Thanks ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Tim, You have some pretty COOL taste in cars !

Yeah, like my taste in watches... I can't afford what, and how many, I'd really like to own. For The Porsche Fan Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:31 pm

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Tim, You have some pretty COOL taste in cars !

Yeah, like my taste in watches... I can't afford what, and how many, I'd really like to own. For The Porsche Fan Icon_wink

I here you Tim !..Same here, it's like a curse or something ! For The Porsche Fan Suspect

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 pm

From Jennifer Hart, Team Marketing Manager, Flying Lizard Motorsports: El Toro. Finished product CGI.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:09 pm

I personally like the Panamara. Call me weird, but I like just about anything Porsche does including the Boxster and Cayman.

BUT! Given the choice and the $ I'd chose neither. DB9, yes.

Not Porsche content but please allow me...
Anyone see the Stig take the Ferrari FXX?
Check out the brakes at around 49 seconds.

OMFG!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Wow Poli ! For The Porsche Fan Icon_eek What a SUPER cool car right there !
Top Gear is a VERY FUN show by the way ! THX !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For The Porsche Fan   For The Porsche Fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For The Porsche Fan
Page 1 of 1