The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zinex now ZIXEN!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:39 am

Saw this on WUS and DWC...

Zinex now ZIXEN! Attachment

Zinex now ZIXEN! Attachment

"Thanks to all who have continued to follow our progress in the past few years and have
become part of our family. As you already know we are changing our company name and the DSR Vintage 1000 and Hydromatic 500 models will be
the first projects under ZIXEN brand name. The DSR programs are currently under development with initial release of DSR 1000 and DSR
500 to follow later.
We have received many inquiries about these projects that we thought it would be best to post an update about it.

Here is the latest, we have completed the first stage of design freeze for prototyping the special compressor case, the “DSR1000" will be a more
manageable size case right at 44mm wide, around 50.5 mm in length, and around 15 mm thickness, the exact specification TBD, It will follow our
other programs in terms of technical development and testing, as Trimix and Heliox. The Hydromatic 500 project will follow soon. The DSR series
will be offered in variety of dial, bezel, and movement complexity & configurations.

When we set out to design and build the DSR series we wanted to develop more of classic design cases, that was very popular during the 60’s and
70’s they were offered on some legendary dive watches. The DSR models will deliver the vintage look with the latest modern technology in
manufacturing with updated features, it will be available on integrated exclusive Zixen design bracelet. Similar to our Trimix Deep diver, and
Heliox Super-sub, the unique cases of both models are exclusive to Zixen,it is engineered in-house with emphasis on Vintage compressor and
cushion case design. The DSR 500 will also have a unique configuration with a complex convex case design with a lower backcase profile that
will wrap around the wrist for great comfort and functionality equipped with internal rotating diver bezel, also with a more manageable size of
around 44mm. We will have more updates as it becomes available in the near future...

We are exited to present you with CAD rendering of the all new limited production “DSR Vintage1000” and “DSR Hydromatic 500"

Last edited by Anomaly on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 am

....typo on the art work/rendering?

Nevermind, did'nt see the post below the pics

Reminds me of some Zodiac models
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:50 am

Really sorry I missed out on last years models.
Been hunting a Trimix GMT for weeks Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:01 am

so.........they changed the name from zinex to zixen, so they just switched the n and the x .......i didnt see in your post as to why, .....does anybody know why they would do a name change like that?
Back to top Go down

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:09 am

they changed name, because of some big company ( I heard Timex) claimed, that it's too close to their name. Can't confirm it 100%, just an urban legend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:22 am

heartbreak wrote:
so.........they changed the name from zinex to zixen, so they just switched the n and the x .......i didnt see in your post as to why, .....does anybody know why they would do a name change like that?
Check out the thread named "interesting news from Y3"...that has the details
Back to top Go down

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:15 pm

The case design doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 pm

falcon4311 wrote:

Me either - Prefer all previous case designs much more.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:30 pm

They have some awesome designs coming out this year that I'm already drooling over. Now if I just had a spare $1,500 laying around the house! Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:27 pm

They could have named it:

Zinex now ZIXEN! 432zzyzx
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Now they can worry about Nixon Watch coming after them.
Back to top Go down

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:40 pm

jaw wrote:
Now they can worry about Nixon Watch coming after them.

Unless they cleared it with Nixon first. Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_wink Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm

The new models and new name seem GREAT ! Their dials and cases
have an aggressive theme that just calls out to dive watch and watch
fans in general. Then they add in the awesome mesh bracelets and it's
hard to deny that these watches are cool !..What will also be interesting
is waiting to see if the Zinex watches will become a little more collectible
now that the name is changing to Zixen !

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:38 am

I love the look of the black dial on the mesh, just wish they would make something for us with girlywrists Zinex now ZIXEN! Suspect
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:43 am

jaw wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:

Me either - Prefer all previous case designs much more.
I agree, too square...maybe if it was more like the Doxa case.
Back to top Go down

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:48 am

Zinex now ZIXEN! Popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zinex now ZIXEN! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zinex now ZIXEN!   Zinex now ZIXEN! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zinex now ZIXEN!
Page 1 of 1