The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just rolled off the bench today....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Just rolled off the bench today.... Empty
PostSubject: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:22 am

With the Chief in the hands of the almighty Shaman, the Brave had to pick up the tomahawk today
and start CHOPPIN'....

Just rolled off the bench today.... SALESPRDCTS044

This one is a SEIKO SKX007 as a base watch, with a Tsunami "Super-Dome Conversion" 5.05mm thick domed inner AR coated sapphire, custom bezel and sloped bezel insert, orange Soxa dial, and relumed by hand by yours truly to match the Seiko Marine-Master hands...brushed silver chapter....

Just rolled off the bench today.... SALESPRDCTS049

This one was commissioned by a f++k'in' cool client who had a vision, and let the creative juices flow over here at the workshop..

Just rolled off the bench today.... SALESPRDCTS050

...And for the money-shot....the hand lumed dial meets the SEIKO MM hands...

Just rolled off the bench today.... SALESPRDCTS051

Chill, boys.....and the Chief shall soon return!

Jake B

Last edited by Jake B on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:24 am

Very nice work on the lume. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Danke.....Danke..   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 am

Docrwm wrote:
Very nice work on the lume. Cool
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 pm

I REALLY like those hands a lot...great job!

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Sweet mod! The MM hands are my favorite. I love you
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Nice work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks...The force was strong in the shop today!   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:49 pm

smellody wrote:
Nice work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Yep..Can't go wrong with MM hands..I think...   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Yep..Can't go wrong with MM hands..I think I pegged the MM hands color pretty good on the dial....did
that one by hand. Wink

ezcheese wrote:
Sweet mod! The MM hands are my favorite. I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm

It looks great as usual Jake. You guys do some pretty amazing work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks...Only a sample of what is yet to come!   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm

smellody wrote:
Nice work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks...Always looking to improve and innovate.   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:54 pm

falcon4311 wrote:
It looks great as usual Jake. You guys do some pretty amazing work.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Kudos to you Jake !..Excellent job ! Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_biggrin The bezel is BEYOND cool
on this ! I also think the brushed chapter ring adds an AMAZING
personality to the watch, as does the dial color ! Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_cheers Some great
markers and hands with exceptional lume, along with THAT strap
really finish off the look nicely !

PostSubject: Thanks..The look was the idea....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks, bud. The look was the idea of my customer...What makes it all come together is the groundwork laid by the Chief to get the parts in order, like the custom designed and made dial, the OEM SEIKO MM hands, the brushed chapter, the custom bezel and sloped insert to go with the custom made 5.05mm thick sapphire with purple inner AR coating...and then add the hand painted lume indices on the dial, and that's what you get.

The pics honestly don't do it justice. These things take time and work, and watches like this are the result of Mr. Fuller's dedication. Y'know, I'm a lucky man to be able to work with the Chief.

Jake B

AtomicTom wrote:
Kudos to you Jake !..Excellent job ! Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_biggrin The bezel is BEYOND cool
personality to the watch, as does the dial color ! Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_cheers Some great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Looks great Jake! The lume is SICK my Brutha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Many hours of Ninja training, my son...many hours   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:36 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Looks great Jake! The lume is SICK my Brutha!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Jake B wrote:
Thanks, bud. The look was the idea of my customer...What makes it all come together is the groundwork laid by the Chief to get the parts in order, like the custom designed and made dial, the OEM SEIKO MM hands, the brushed chapter, the custom bezel and sloped insert to go with the custom made 5.05mm thick sapphire with purple inner AR coating...and then add the hand painted lume indices on the dial, and that's what you get.

The pics honestly don't do it justice. These things take time and work, and watches like this are the result of Mr. Fuller's dedication. Y'know, I'm a lucky man to be able to work with the Chief.

Jake B

AtomicTom wrote:

Wow ! Thanks for that behind the scenes information. It's great how you and the
customer can work together like that. Ideas becoming reality is a cool concept,
that's for sure ! We are fortunate to have good people like you and Noah behind
all of this, making such great watches !

PostSubject: Glad that you have that opinion...   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Noah and I are just products of the environment, and started out as just dudes who love watches.
When guys "in the biz" chime in on certain forums, it's seen simply as self promotion. Just 'cause we
work with 'em doesn't mean that we're not still stoked on 'em.... and we want to talk about stuff too. Sharing ideas and getting new ones from everyone is what keeps it fresh. This forum is an awesome place, and a springboard for creativity.

AtomicTom wrote:
Jake B wrote:

Jake B

AtomicTom wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm

. . . another nice job Jake!!! The subtle combination of components is such an art. It's a hell of a compliment that you consider XMT a positive influence. Speaks volumes as to where the heart ot things is at here. . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:58 pm

I think the shop is in good hands! You guys are inspirational; your skills are freakin' amazing. You do in a couple hours what I bang out over a couple days!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 am

Jake B wrote:
Noah and I are just products of the environment, and started out as just dudes who love watches.
When guys "in the biz" chime in on certain forums, it's seen simply as self promotion. Just 'cause we
work with 'em doesn't mean that we're not still stoked on 'em.... and we want to talk about stuff too. Sharing ideas and getting new ones from everyone is what keeps it fresh. This forum is an awesome place, and a springboard for creativity.

AtomicTom wrote:
Jake B wrote:

Jake B

AtomicTom wrote:

Man oh man Jake you are hitting on all cylinders sir ! This type of stuff is extremely exhilarating
to hear. I REALLY enjoy talking about EVERYTHING this hobby has to offer, especially different
thoughts and ideas. Thanks again for coming on here with us ! We know you guys are busy most
of the time, but we genuinely appreciate you being here..it's awesome !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just rolled off the bench today....   Just rolled off the bench today.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just rolled off the bench today....
Page 1 of 1