The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Long Weekend

Go down 
+2
jaw
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:51 pm

A little of how we spent our weekend.
A little up the road from here, we ran up to 100mph, slowed, then 110mph;
The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10009

In this (Volvo advert):
The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10012

Then stopped and enjoyed this:
The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10011

Seiko in the wild:
The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10015

Fun photos from anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 pm

WOW...GORGEOUS landscape!

Great Shots!

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks, Alan. You might recognize this area from one of the "Star Trek" movies, also several Roy Rogers and Hopalong Cassidy films, "Gunga Din" also done there, among many, many others.

The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10030

The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10028
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 pm

More great pics...NICE DAWG!

Senior Associate
jaw

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Love that last shot.
Nice rig too!
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks, guys. Lots of other pics, but I don't want to bore...

Any one else have a fun weekend?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:47 pm

The Long Weekend Icon_biggrin Awesome Tim..just awesome !!! That has to be amazing driving through
those areas and spending a weekend like that !..Those pictures are simply
stunning sir ! The Long Weekend Icon_eek Unbelievable mountains and land there !!!..It's super cool
that the one area was a popular movie location for films like Star Trek and
such too !..I'm glad you had a good time, it looked REAL fun ! Thanks for
the pictures as well ! The Long Weekend Icon_smile

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Thanks, Tom. The region, btw, is the Eastern Sierra Nevada, Owens Valley.
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Well I had a great weekend but it sure ain't nothin I'm gonna be postin on the internet......PERV! LMAO!!! Great photos Tim. Looks like it was truly a beautiful ride.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:00 am

Visited a couple hundred sea lions in a cave and took a couple pictures of my wrist on the beach. Made sure I kept the Jeep at 55MPH or under.
The Long Weekend Dscn2295c
The Long Weekend Dscn2294
The Long Weekend Dscn2293f
The Long Weekend Dscn2278m
The Long Weekend Dscn2274x
The Long Weekend Dscn2273q
The Long Weekend Dscn2272r
The Long Weekend Dscn2271a
The Long Weekend Dscn2270e
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 am

Great pics guys!! 15 minutes from pebble and i watched the AT&T on tv, even turned down 2 sunday passes, all the stars are gone by then but with the weather the way it was i sould have went friday or saturday!
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:09 am

. . . . paid my respects to the old girl in the garage. She needed new shocks in the rear, since the last time I drove her I broke the top mount on one, ( note to self: sliding the ass-end out in a turn in a 4500# station wagon needs to be done with a little more care.) Figured while I was under there I may as well tighten everything else I could tear apart the next time I got feeling frisky. . .
. . . . and after 42 years I finally had to replace the high side power steering line. Not bad, try that with the stuff they build today!!! She also needed to be jetted and timed for spring, she was a little fat running in the warmer air . . . . all in all, a good time for me.
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:19 am

great pictures Tim and Chris! glad you guys were able to get out and have some fun, good times
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 pm

I changed diapers for the whole long weekend.... Sad

....and no, they weren't Duff's Suspect
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

andrema wrote:
I changed diapers for the whole long weekend.... Sad ....and no, they weren't Duff's Suspect

Mark, Markie, Markerino.....BYTE ME YOU DOITY SUMMABEECH!!! The Long Weekend 744742Now that I have that out of my system....GREAT PICS GUYS! Looks like some of us enjoyed the long weekend! Mine involved Vodka. Not worth takin pics of a blitzed old biker dude, but fun none the less! The Long Weekend Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Just fabolous landscape The Long Weekend Icon_eek Thank you for sharing those, man. Some beautifulle day I`ll get to see some of that with my own eyes.
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Rambam wrote:
Just fabolous landscape The Long Weekend Icon_eek Thank you for sharing those, man. Some beautifulle day I`ll get to see some of that with my own eyes.

My shots don't compare to yours, Kenneth. We were in Sweden a few years ago (taking delivery of the Volvo), and we really wanted to take the train to Oslo, but some things came up, but some day we want to get that direction again.
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:47 pm

I think the shots are very good! Nice composition and exposure!
You live in America, but bought a Volvo in Sweden?
If you`re ever around these parts again, be sure to shoot me a pm.
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Rambam wrote:
I think the shots are very good! Nice composition and exposure!
You live in America, but bought a Volvo in Sweden?
If you`re ever around these parts again, be sure to shoot me a pm.

We (my wife actually configured it) special ordered to Volvo, because we couldn't find one the way we wanted it anywhere in California. Then we took advantage of Volvo's European delivery option, picking the vehicle up at the factory in Gothenburg. Then Volvo shipped it to a dealership of our choice.
If we get back that way, for sure you'll get a pm. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Just have to tell you that I love your signature, a ripoff of a certain douchebags signature over at another forum I believe? The Long Weekend 744742
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Rambam wrote:
Just have to tell you that I love your signature, a ripoff of a certain douchebags signature over at another forum I believe? The Long Weekend 744742

Yep. I don't/can't post there any longer. The Long Weekend Suspect
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I stopped posting there along time ago. Just got a bad vibe from that place The Long Weekend Suspect
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:34 pm

porschefan wrote:
Thanks, Tom. The region, btw, is the Eastern Sierra Nevada, Owens Valley.

Thanks for that info Tim..it's really beautiful there ! The Long Weekend Icon_smile

..Chris your pictures are TREMENDOUS also ! That looks like an unforgettable time
with the family ! The Long Weekend Icon_cheers I can't believe how many Sea Lions were there, and those photos
make it feel like I was actually there too ! Amazing ! By the way, great wrist shots of the
Victorinox as well..Thanks !!!

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:15 pm

No problem, Tom. When we do this, we base ourselves in Lone Pine. This is literally the view from our motel room. Mt. Whitney is the largest pointy peak in the center.

The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10001
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Nice pics. Spent too much of Sunday watching the 6+ hours of Daytona 500. Went kayaking yesterday, too busy paddling and trying to stay dry to take any pictures.
Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:31 pm

merichar wrote:
Nice pics. Spent too much of Sunday watching the 6+ hours of Daytona 500. Went kayaking yesterday, too busy paddling and trying to stay dry to take any pictures.

Ha. We enjoy kayaking, Mark, just haven't had a chance to do it in a while. Did you do ocean, river, lake?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 pm

porschefan wrote:
merichar wrote:

Ha. We enjoy kayaking, Mark, just haven't had a chance to do it in a while. Did you do ocean, river, lake?

Rivers mostly but sometimes high mountain lakes. Did about 15 miles on the Nehalem River yesterday. Pretty laid back but with all the rain lately the rivers pretty high and moving right along. Quite a few trees in the water to maneuver around but neither of us rolled over yesterday.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:51 pm

porschefan wrote:
No problem, Tom. When we do this, we base ourselves in Lone Pine. This is literally the view from our motel room. Mt. Whitney is the largest pointy peak in the center.

The Long Weekend EasternSierraFeb10001

Extraordinary sir !..These landscapes are meant for digital cameras ! The Long Weekend Icon_cheers WOW..what a view ! The Long Weekend Icon_eek The Long Weekend Icon_smile

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 am

Man, those are some SERIOUSLY nice pics!! I LOVE the west and all its beauty! Looks like you all had a great time. I know this is a little late bheing Wednesday but like the Duffster, we didn't really do anything special, at least that I can take pictures of!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Long Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Long Weekend   The Long Weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Long Weekend
Page 1 of 1