The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clone Wars Part II

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:57 am

No cartoons this time guys...just the next case that may be used my multiple microbrands. When I purchased my Benarus Moray, I seem to recall that Ralf (or someone else from the company) mentioned that the case design was specifically designed for Benaurs and would not be able to be used by other companies. That wasn't the reason that I bought the watch, but it was still pretty cool to know.

Then I noticed this today:

Magrette Moana Pacific Diver - not my pictures

Clone Wars Part II Magret10
Clone Wars Part II Magret11

Benarus Moray - my pictures

Clone Wars Part II DSC05233
Clone Wars Part II Moray_10

With that being said (and shown), I actually like both. They are different enought for me to think that each can stand on its own. However, who knows how many more will be coming our way!!!

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 am

. . . the truth is getting more and more rare in some areas. The rush for customer dollars is affecting the industry in a rather negative fashion. Whether we like the watches or not, the statemennts made by the manufacturers should be able to be taken as fact. Our sense of awareness is obviously heightened in comparison to the average consumer .. . . . regardless of that, not really a good thing. Suspect
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:52 am

Good detective work ! Clone Wars Part II Icon_cyclops It's an odd thing how the whole similar
case theme or Clone Wars thing plays out. The longer you are into
watches, the more this phenomenon shows itself to you. In the
beginning you just see watches and then after a while you start
seeing the similarities. Not that it's necessarily all bad, but sometimes
it's just cool to have a one of a kind. With this watch, it's clear there
is a real case similarity to yours. It's hard to tell if the look is now being
shared by the two companies, or if maybe there is some difference in the
one case that we can't see from here that makes it o.k. ! It's still some-
thing to talk about, that's for sure ! Clone Wars Part II Icon_smile

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:53 am

The case is a knock off of a panerai so anybody can use it.It doesn't surprise me after seeing all of the 2000m dive watches over the past 6 months.
Back to top Go down

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Just go to the HK Watch show and you'll be on the inside of all the "New and Unique" watches in the coming year Clone Wars Part II 588107
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I could be wrong but I believe the Benarus Megalodon was to be the first specific case design for them. With some lurking at 3T I will try and confirm that. The Moana Pacific Diver was actually delayed in release when whoever runs Magrette saw what Benarus had come out with. That information comes directly from TLex quoting the guy who owns Magrette. There is a thread on the topic at DWC. Magrettes early drawings showed the same bezel that Benarus had used on the Moray. I believe the only significant difference between the two is the bezel. The watches have little in common besides the case at least as far as appearances go. What I find amusing is that a lot of people give some companies a pass for using these generic cases and rail against others who do. In making that observation, I am referring in general to some other forums where blanket statements often rule the day.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 pm

merichar wrote:
I could be wrong but I believe the Benarus Megalodon was to be the first specific case design for them. With some lurking at 3T I will try and confirm that. The Moana Pacific Diver was actually delayed in release when whoever runs Magrette saw what Benarus had come out with. That information comes directly from TLex quoting the guy who owns Magrette. There is a thread on the topic at DWC. Magrettes early drawings showed the same bezel that Benarus had used on the Moray. I believe the only significant difference between the two is the bezel. The watches have little in common besides the case at least as far as appearances go. What I find amusing is that a lot of people give some companies a pass for using these generic cases and rail against others who do. In making that observation, I am referring in general to some other forums where blanket statements often rule the day.
Good info Mark...my memory is foggy on that issue.

Senior Associate
ericf4

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:41 pm

when it comes to watch claims...i dont believe shit anymore.....
Back to top Go down

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 pm

merichar wrote:

I'm fairly certain you are correct about the Megalodon being their first specific case design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clone Wars Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clone Wars Part II   Clone Wars Part II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clone Wars Part II
Page 1 of 1