The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capeland Clone?

Go down 
+2
merichar
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 am

Senior Associate
merichar

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am

At least they put their own name on the dial.
Back to top Go down

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:51 am

Crap, it looks just like it!
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 am

Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:22 am

I could be mistaken, but I think this is another shameless copy from the Chinese rip-off artists at Longio.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:43 pm

It's funny because I remember learning about the actual B&M
Capeland S XXL by mistake not that long ago while looking in
the gallery at http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/gallery.html ! Capeland Clone? Icon_smile
Not that long after that, I noticed we were talking about it
here at XMT !..Now there seems to be an homage watch
like this one !..What a coincidence !!! I guess alot of people,
along with watch companies, know how cool the original
version of this watch was !

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Yep, pretty much a clone.

But if we're going to call this ridiculous (personally I agree with Mr. Swiss Like the Cheese), then we gotta call this one the same thing. Ree-dick-yoo-lus

Capeland Clone? Ocean1GMT

Capeland Clone? Lol
Back to top Go down

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Yeah, there's no mistaking where they got the design from on that one! Capeland Clone? Icon_rolleyes Looks like they didn't (or couldn't) replicate the carbon fiber dial though.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:03 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Yep, pretty much a clone.

But if we're going to call this ridiculous (personally I agree with Mr. Swiss Like the Cheese), then we gotta call this one the same thing. Ree-dick-yoo-lus

Capeland Clone? Ocean1GMT

Capeland Clone? Lol

I HAVE noticed how "we" look past some clones and blast others.... Capeland Clone? Icon_scratch

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:09 pm

I think the difference is a quality swiss made timepiece! Granted Steinhart copied Rolex but the watch is a bigger size and swiss made! I bet this Capeland copy is more like the replica watches coming out of China! Could be wrong but for 175 bones it cant be much, i will bet the movement is also a replica!!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:41 pm

cali kid wrote:
I think the difference is a quality swiss made timepiece! Granted Steinhart copied Rolex but the watch is a bigger size and swiss made! I bet this Capeland copy is more like the replica watches coming out of China! Could be wrong but for 175 bones it cant be much, i will bet the movement is also a replica!!
The quality of the watch goes a long way towards just being a clone vs an homage.

Personally, I would not wear a watch with such an iconic look unless it was the original. I'm weird like that.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:44 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
cali kid wrote:
The quality of the watch goes a long way towards just being a clone vs an homage.

Personally, I would not wear a watch with such an iconic look unless it was the original. I'm weird like that.

That...

...and you're just weird. Capeland Clone? Lol

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:35 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
cali kid wrote:

I hear you, might get away wearing the steinhart but i would have to check it out but the fake capeland i dont think i could pull it off, with my luck it would be the one time someone wanted to look at my watch and knew what they where looking at! steinhart makes a couple pieces that dont look like another brand and if i was buying would roll with one of them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capeland Clone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capeland Clone?   Capeland Clone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capeland Clone?
Page 1 of 1