The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rats!!! My luck.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:04 pm

. . . this stuff could only happen to me. I had a couple of watches for sale at WUS, just everyday stuff. One I traded, and the other was still up for sale or trade.

I was messing around last night and decided to match it up with it's box. When I had it out I pushed the chrono and it ran . . . 10 seconds and stopped! I look at the small seconds . . . still running. I push the chrono again . . . nothing. Hmmmm. Push,push,push,push. Nothing. Shit. So I pull the crown to the first stop and try to zero it out. Everthing moved. Small seconds, chrono seconds, chrono minutes all start to randomly go. Maybe a low battery, not sure. ISA movement, wasn't crazy about the day sub dial to start with. Now I really don't like it.

Finally got it to square up and set to zero, and put it back in the case. Went to WUS and pulled the sale.

I don't want another chrono right now. 3 handers for me today. I'll try a battery, but I bet I own this POS forever now. . . . Rats!!! My luck. 500253
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Chrono functions go when battery is dying...

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 pm

some quartz watches have two batteries also
Back to top Go down

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 pm

. . . I hope that's all it is. Wore it once . . . . Rats!!! My luck. Lol
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Randy I had the same problem. I put up my Trex on the bay and when i checked it out the watch was not working. So i pulled the auction took it to change the battery and it was totally dead...I called up renato they took it back and had to change the movement. They sent it back next day air to me free of charge...now thats customer service...and I had the watch back within 2 weeks...Hopefully thats not the case for you randy.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Sorry you had to deal with that Randy !..It does sound like
the battery though. Probably nothing actually wrong with
the watch. In any case, I see what you are saying about
the 3-Hands. Hopefully everything ends up working out for
you sir ! Rats!!! My luck. Icon_biggrin

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:37 am

Randy, that kind of stuff happens to me too! The bright side is though that at least you didn't sell it and then the same thing happen to the new owner because he would want to send it back and you still wouldn't have the money anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rats!!! My luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rats!!! My luck.   Rats!!! My luck. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rats!!! My luck.
Page 1 of 1