The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going to see ALICE today...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Going to see ALICE today... Empty
PostSubject: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:33 am

My son (11) is REALLY into the Lewis Carroll ALICE, much DARKER than the Disney movie of yesteryear, this new one looks more true to the book...

...we'll let you know how it goes!

Going to see ALICE today... Mad-hatter-doll-johnny-depp

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:36 am

Going to see ALICE today... Alice-in-wonderland-white-rabbit

I want to see this one...let me know what you think (it's in 3D right?). This is a continuation of the original I think...Alice is now 19 and goes back to "Underland" she misheard 'Wonderland' the first time. I hope it's worth the cash.

Dude show a picture with a watch....

Going to see ALICE today... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:50 pm

This movie looks wild ! Just from the commercials, you can
see this is something REALLY different. It definitely seems to
have Tim Burton's signature style. I hope you guys like it !

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:26 pm

My son LOVED the movie, I would give it about a...7.75.

It should have been called "Through the Looking Glass" as it resembled that story MUCH more than "Alice in Wonderland..."

IMO, ANYONE could have played that Hatter, Depp was lost in the role; NOT the same way Ledger was lost in the Joker, Ledger was PERFECT as the Joker...

I has as much or more fun watching my son react...

Good day with him!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Anomaly wrote:
My son LOVED the movie, I would give it about a...7.75.

It should have been called "Through the Looking Glass" as it resembled that story MUCH more than "Alice in Wonderland..."

IMO, ANYONE could have played that Hatter, Depp was lost in the role; NOT the same way Ledger was lost in the Joker, Ledger was PERFECT as the Joker...

I has as much or more fun watching my son react...

Good day with him!
Glad you had a great day with your son..Precious moments that will last a lifetime...I probably will hold out until it is on dvd.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Sounds like a good grade there ! Can't ask for much more than
a good story that is supported by some good acting ! Going to see ALICE today... Icon_smile Plus
the special effects were probably pretty great too. I'm glad
you two had fun and thanks for the review also !

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:01 pm

We went and saw it today in 3D, the regular parts of film...with people just talking etc, did not really benefit from the 3D (was OK But not that big a deal) full animated scenes looked super in 3D. Some of them seemed made for the 3D like the smoke blowing catapiller, smoke seemed to blow right into audience. I would recommend it....cool special effects, etc. Everyone already knows the story...but it is done a little differently this time. We had to drive 1hr to see this in 3D (locals only had regular version). A solid 'B' (8/10) (see but not must see) effort. Worth the $11 each it cost us.

Going to see ALICE today... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:17 pm

sixtysix wrote:
We went and saw it today in 3D, the regular parts of film...with people just talking etc, did not really benefit from the 3D (was OK But not that big a deal) full animated scenes looked super in 3D. Some of them seemed made for the 3D like the smoke blowing catapiller, smoke seemed to blow right into audience. I would recommend it....cool special effects, etc. Everyone already knows the story...but it is done a little differently this time. We had to drive 1hr to see this in 3D (locals only had regular version). A solid 'B' (8/10) (see but not must see) effort. Worth the $11 each it cost us.

Just wait until the ESPN 3D channel starts up this year...I have seen demos and it is nuts!!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 pm

sixtysix wrote:

Just wait until the ESPN 3D channel starts up this year...I have seen demos and it is nuts!!

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:23 pm

andrema wrote:

Mark, did you get a bump for that plug? Going to see ALICE today... Icon_wink

(something doesn't sound right... maybe the terms "3D" and "nuts" being used in reference to a channel of jocks...)

ESPN3D's new motto... "BALLS, coming straight at you."
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 pm

porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:

(something doesn't sound right... maybe the terms "3D" and "nuts" being used in reference to a channel of jocks...)

I suggest getting a mouth guard...you don't want to chip a tooth! Going to see ALICE today... Icon_rr

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 pm

andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:

I suggest getting a mouth guard...you don't want to chip a tooth! Going to see ALICE today... Icon_rr

I'll watch Sunday Night Baseball wearing my mitt.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 pm

porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:
porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:

I'll watch Sunday Night Baseball wearing my mitt.
I was referring to the other type of balls Tim Going to see ALICE today... Icon_jokercolor

Last edited by andrema on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Well I'm glad you had a good time with your son because that's what life is all about! As for me, I have ZERO desire to see this movie. I don't like johnny Depp and i hate Tim Burton so it's a no go for me. The movie you need to see is The Hurt Locker!! Now THAT'S a movie!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Mark, were you going to say something in your last post?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see ALICE today...   Going to see ALICE today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see ALICE today...
Page 1 of 1