The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty

Go down 
+5
andrema
merichar
jackprime1
Anomaly
thianwong
9 posters
AuthorMessage

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Empty
PostSubject: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm secure enough in my watch collection that i tore apart a MM! Painted the dial a two stage automotive metal flake blue, picked up a few different colors of superluminova when i was at otto frei last week so painted the 12,3,6 and 9 woth C3 green lume and all the other hour marker with blue lume (looks sorta geen when lit up) did a handset with the blue but lets just say i'm not kent parks and they got thrown in the trash(were bright as hell just a bad job) had the writing on the case back lathed off and polished out, brush finished the bezel and here it is! Remember i own some sweet stuff so dont hate on me for playing with a replica watch!! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Suspect Hard to get a good pic with this sweet domed plastic cyrstal! but it was a fun build!!

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 007-4

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 002-14

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 004-9

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 005-9

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 006-7

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 001-13

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 008-7

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 009-6

First set of hands that look OK in the dark!

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 001-12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Love it Trev!

Great work!

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 933578
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Nice work Trevor! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_cheers I never thought of auto paint; did u have to prime the dial or does it look like the paint will hold up?

That leaves another mod or two left that you were working on if my count is correct!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

cski wrote:
Nice work Trevor! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_cheers I never thought of auto paint; did u have to prime the dial or does it look like the paint will hold up?

That leaves another mod or two left that you were working on if my count is correct!

Stripped the paint off the dial, sprayed the base coat and then put a clear top coat! Once in the case dont think much can go wrong! Like putting lume on sandwich dials, takes zero skill, you're just going to cover it up with the top dial!!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Good to see guys experimenting as you did! As for Replicas ( a dirty word for many, but not me!) and using them to create your own ideas! Super !!!! I have 2 replica Omega POs and love them! but never admit it cuz of the flack they arouse on forums which have rules.....
Your lume job looks pretty good! I know how easy it looks, but it takes great skill, patience and steady hand/eye to do it! cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 pm

So that is actually a Rolex homage and not a Panerai. Great job Trev! Might rip mine down!!!! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Affraid

NOT! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:32 pm

MFMM...

...Metal Flake Marine Militare!

Cool mod Trev!

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Three weeks playing with it and i still have a 50 dollar watch! But it's one pimped out 50 dollar watch! Kinda like customizing a yugo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 pm

cali kid wrote:
Three weeks playing with it and i still have a 50 dollar watch! But it's one pimped out 50 dollar watch! Kinda like customizing a yugo!

Trevor, you too!!!!!!!!

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 4x4yugo
It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 17115_8115
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 pm

That is one cool MM Trevor...great job brother...wear it with pride my friend..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:58 pm

You guy are going to laugh! Set the hands on and wear it to the bank today for my deposit, i go everyday and nothing ever about my watches ! Today the teller says thats a badass watch!! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 feel like i just got an invicta on five value pays!! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 203558 Just goes to show it doesnt matter how nice a watch is just how big and loud! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Kopfschuettel

Last edited by cali kid on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 pm

cali kid wrote:
You guy are going to laugh! Set the hands on and wear it to the bank today for my deposit, i go everyday and nothing ever about my watches ! Today the teller says thats a badass watch!! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 feel like i just got an invicta on five value pays!! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 203558 Just goes to show it doesnt matter how nice a watch is just how big and loud! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Kopfschuettel
It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Lol It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Lol It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Lol It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Lol It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 744742 ....that is awesome Trevor...you are so right my friend...
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Big Pimpin'
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 pm

cali kid wrote:
Poser.... It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 779569

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:30 pm

I found that too....bigger and louder = more compliments. Cool job on the watch...enjoy!!

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 pm

cali kid wrote:

Ask him if he wants to buy it. Could be a nifty profit, it is bespoke, one-off, no other like it in the whole wide world. It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Very cool. Kinda like the metallic blue dial. Nice job on it. My monitor doesn't show any difference in the lume colors for the # and markers.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 am

Nice work! Looks really cool!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:36 am

Sweet mod. That dial looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 am

Docrwm wrote:
Very cool. Kinda like the metallic blue dial. Nice job on it. My monitor doesn't show any difference in the lume colors for the # and markers.

Hey doc on the regular pics you can see the blue is a little lighter than the green! The lume shots the green being C3 is much brighter than the blue but still has a green tint to it just not as brite! I've got some white C1 the glows green and some orange i havent used yet, very tough job and maybe the oiler is better than a brush, all the more respect for Ron making his bezel look so good! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 46145
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:04 am

I don't believe how UNBELIEVABLY original and cool this is Trevor ! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 803574 It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty 803574
Actually every time anyone does something like this here, it blows me away.
What's so great about the paint thing is that it opens the door for an infinite
amount of possibilities in dial colors. It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_biggrin I mean that blue metal flake is something
you don't see every day ! Plus it looks AMAZING ! The way the Sun bounces light
off of the dial is NICE. Excellent job with picking out the lume colors too, as well as
applying it ! It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_cheers..Add it all to a cool case and strap and just sit back and ENJOY !!!
Oh and the movement looks terrific also !..Congrats sir..GREAT job !

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:46 am

Very well done! The new lume is fantastic. It needs new lume too. The 3 that i own have absolutely no lume so adding more lume would be a good thing on mine!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:24 am

nice mod! Auto paint is durable and perfect for any mod work, I used automotive clear with my lume on the bezel.
Congrats on a great job. was it difficult to hold the caseback in the chuck when on the lathe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty   It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It aint no Panerai mod!! Glad AH isnt around to see this beauty
Page 1 of 1