The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Empty
PostSubject: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:05 am

Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Midobaron1

The case, in rose gold PVD, measures 42mm. It has an AR-coated sapphire
crystal and is water resistant to 50 meters. Movement is the
Swiss automatic ETA caliber Valjoux 7751 with 25 jewels. MSRP will be $2,500.

Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Midovalve

The case, in stainless steel, measures 42mm. It has an AR-coated
sapphire crystal and is water resistant to 300 meters. Movement is the Swiss automatic ETA caliver 2836-2 with 25 jewels. MSRP will be $1,200.

Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Multifortpvd

The case, in stainless steel black PVD, measures 44mm X 14.5mm. It has a
sapphire crystal and is water resistant to 100 meters. Movement is the Swiss automatic ETA caliber Valjoux 7750 with 25 jewels.
MSRP will be $1,800.

PostSubject: Re: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks Alan. Mido is the best value for money IMHO among the Swiss makers. They consistently put higher grade movements into their watches then any of their competitors at the same price range. Although I like the dial, I would never buy an All Dial again because of the proprietary strap arrangement. Replacements are incredibly expensive and difficult to obtain. Although I must say that when I got through to the Mido person at SwatchUSA they were very gracious, added me to the "industry" buyers list because I have no AD within 500 miles, and facilitated my getting a replacement COSC certificate from Switzerland in lightening time.

Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 pm

I really like the Rose Gold one and it doesn't seem to be outrageously priced as compared to some TV Brands. No proprietary strap either! Very nice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:37 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I really like the Rose Gold one and it doesn't seem to be outrageously priced as compared to some TV Brands. No proprietary strap either! Very nice!

Mido consistently puts out a superior product watch at surprisngly reasonable prices - particularly for a genuinely Swiss made watch (as Swiss any any of the Swatch group anyway).
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:15 pm

These three Midos each have a different personality, but are all
SUPER nice ! Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_biggrin The first one takes the classy award ! The thin
case is fantastic, and the subdials, including the moon phase
add to the look of the watch perfectly. That second Mido gets
an award for having a smooth diver look with some extra cool
hands ! Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_cool A simple case and unique bezel on that one too ! Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... 803574
With the last Mido, this one takes the orange and black award.
It's extremely sporty and those vertical lines on the dial were
a great idea imho ! I like the markers on that one also ! Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_smile Each
one of these is a winner !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm

The first one in SS would be my choice.....BEAUTIUS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm

I've got just one Mido. A oceanstar commander.nos.I'd like to find an all dial cosc diver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...   Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Docrm MIDO wanna check out Basel...
Page 1 of 1