The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Empty
PostSubject: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:09 am

Ok, I've had this watch now for aboot a month. Been wearing it roughly half the time so I have some time on it. This watch was inspired from a Seiko 6309-7040 cushion cased diver from late 70's to early 80s. I've always liked the design and they are comfortable to wear. I like vintage watches but don't like the fact that they are old and many are just worn out or need parts that don't exist or no on can work on them etc etc. When I saw the Tsunami and its vintage styling along with the fact that its new I knew I would have at least 1. Contacted Noah after seeing some of them show up on the forums. He hooked me up with his photobucket account with all of the options I could choose. You have a choice in dials, crowns, handsets, PVD, and bezels. Probably other stuff too just ask Noah. Limited edition of 100 pieces so I asked for #34-my favorite serial #-and it was open so at that point it was on. Emailed Noah and said bring it. About a week later it was waiting for me at work.
Some specs:
WR-333M
Movement: Seiko 6r15-21600 VPH or 6 ticks per second. Hacks and winds.
Diameter 44mm
Thickness 16.2mm
Sapphire domed crystal 5.2mm

Noah sent the watch seperate from the big case which was fine with me. The case came about a week later with tools, straps, loc tite, and enough space to store 12 watches. Noah basically threw in everything but the kitchen sink.
Enough of my blathering here are some pics:
General pics
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0229
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0228
Caseback engraved with wr of 333m and serial # 34/100
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0222
Has springbar access holes machined. Original 6309 did not have these and consequently a giant PITA to release springbars. I like the 6309 better in that I don't like looking at holes :shifty: but the ease of changing straps is welcoming over my 6309s.
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0225
Bezel is fairly tall and unique. It has 3 layers and Noah has a 2 layered bezel which more closely resembles the original 6309 bezel. Bezel action it on the easy to turn side yet still sure feeling with minimal slop or play. 120 clicks and alignment is perfect.
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0233
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0240
The bracelet is interesting. It is a 3 piece design which you see a lot but this one is unique-at least in my experience. The outer 2 links are flush but the inner larger center link has sort of a marathon varying height deal going on. It is very aethsetically pleasing to me and also very comfortable. One of the beefs I have with it is it has no taper. Solid 22mm start to finish. I have come to like some taper but the more I wear it the more I like it. It is very comfortable, well made, brushed everywhere, links are not Seiko thin nor UTS thick they are just right, and as I said before looks good to me. Has a Divers extensiona and 5 holes of adjustment on the clasp although you can only really use 3/5 because if you use the 2 inner ones the clasp will not close. No biggie. Has flip clasp along with safety clasp to open it up fully.
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0230
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0229
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0241
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0227
Crystal is sapphire and has a dome to it. At inside coating. Awesome.
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0240
Lume is above average on handset. I chose the MM300 style which I loved on my MM300. Lume on dial is average to slightly above. Not quite as strong as hand set. Easily legible all night. No issue at all.
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0232

Overall I like the watch enough to have ordered up a 2nd which closely resembles the original 6309. Noah is great to deal with. The watch has a lot of flow to it in that all of the pieces fit together for the good of the whole. It has an established watch feel to it vs many of the boutique brands that feel like they are just parts off of a shelf thrown together. This watch feels established. I feel like every penny I spent on this watch went into the watch. Did not have to pay for advertising or for brand rec etc. I've owned many watches in the 1-2-3k range and this watch will hang with most of em.
Here are some more pics. Wrist size is 7.6 inches
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0234
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0239-1
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0238-1
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0236-2
Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review IMG_0226
PS I may have been under the influence while posting this review. Remember a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:50 am

Awesome review! Not often can you improve on a classic but Noah did and this is his finest piece to date!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Liked your review Chris! I also really like the size and look of the watch. Your pics do a great job of showing all aspects of the watch. Thanks for the review!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:54 pm

GREAT review, that is one SICK diver!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:33 pm

WOW ! NICE overview there sir ! Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_biggrin It's just the best how you can basically
customize your own Tsunami ! Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_cheers You can get a SUPER cool watch like this,
but have the option to personalize it anyway you want ! FANTASTIC !!! Your
pictures are SO good, it almost feels like the watch is coming right through
the screen. You can see the quality is really unbelievable. Top notch workmanship
as always, and a watch to rival anything out there imho ! I mean it's SO good,
that you ordered up a second one ! Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review 803574 Now that's saying something ! Thanks
for the review ! Congratulations on having this watch, and I know you are
enjoying them !

thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

excellent review! One feature i thought well done is the higher bezel gripping ability...more function here than just form.....another ordered!!!??? Now there is a guy who knows value! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: All that and I'm 40yrs old today ....   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:47 pm

All that and I'm 40yrs old today ....
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:35 am

noahfuller wrote:
All that and I'm 40yrs old today ....

Awesome watch and awesome review..Happy B-day Noah and many many many more to come...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:56 am

Great looking watches and a great review! Thanks much Bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review   Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noah Fuller 10 Watch Tsunami Review
Page 1 of 1