The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Visited the AD today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Visited the AD today Empty
PostSubject: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Finished signing off on the tax returns... Visited the AD today 803574

Had to stop at the AD's to look for a new bracelet... hmmm, ohhh, that's nice... cool... yes, I saw bracelets; and some had watches attached.

Robin says, "Your newest watch isn't even on your wrist yet. It's somewhere over the Pacific"
"Yeah, I have a sickness," was all I could come up with. One that Mr. AD showed us, I saw the look in Robin's eyes... she almost pulled the trigger for me. She's an enabler, I tell ya,

Visited the AD today 744742
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:59 pm

porschefan wrote:
Finished signing off on the tax returns... Visited the AD today 803574

I saw the look in Robin's eyes... she almost pulled the trigger for me. She's an enabler, I tell ya,
Visited the AD today 744742
Accountants tend to be enablers...GO FOR IT BRO!!! Visited the AD today 779569

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 pm

I'll take her with me when the bracelet comes in. They're also expecting my Tutima's return from Germany shortly, so two possible trips across town coming up. Visited the AD today Icon_wink

BTW, two of the ones looked at today have black dials, and she says "You already have a couple black ones. They're nice, but how many black dials?" Soooo... that's when we looked at the other that her finger twitched on.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Fun to get the MRS involved...

Do some HONEY DOs, that always helps me Visited the AD today Icon_twisted

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Fun to get the MRS involved...

Do some HONEY DOs, that always helps me Visited the AD today Icon_twisted

Hell, being home, I do so much, she never gives them to me.
Her weakness is where we're going tonight, our local Argentine bistro.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Hey, sounds like a very nice day Tim ! Visited the AD today 803574 What was that non-black dial watch
the two of you were looking at by the way ?..In any case, glad you had a nice
time ! Enjoy that bistro too !

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:13 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Hey, sounds like a very nice day Tim ! Visited the AD today 803574 What was that non-black dial watch

The watch... no comment at this time. (Besides, any hints and you'll figure it out... like you did with my incoming Noah. Visited the AD today Icon_wink )

The restaurant... thanks, we always enjoy it (like at least every other week).
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:38 pm

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

The watch... no comment at this time. (Besides, any hints and you'll figure it out... like you did with my incoming Noah. Visited the AD today Icon_wink )

The restaurant... thanks, we always enjoy it (like at least every other week).

Visited the AD today Lol O.K. then, I'm looking forward to the surprise ! Visited the AD today Icon_smile ..That restaurant must be Terrific !!!
It's GREAT having a favorite place like that !

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:28 pm

One of the other pieces, that was really cool to see, was a Breguet skeleton pocket watch from the 1880's, that sometime in the early part of the 1920's (according to the owner), someone fabricated and attached lugs to, making it a wrist watch. They had just finished servicing it at the AD's. Very cool to see a piece that old, running, and keeping what my AD called "pretty decent time."
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:46 pm

porschefan wrote:
One of the other pieces, that was really cool to see, was a Breguet skeleton pocket watch from the 1880's, that sometime in the early part of the 1920's (according to the owner), someone fabricated and attached lugs to, making it a wrist watch. They had just finished servicing it at the AD's. Very cool to see a piece that old, running, and keeping what my AD called "pretty decent time."

Whoa Tim, that does sound cool ! Visited the AD today Icon_eek Visited the AD today Icon_cool Visited the AD today Icon_smile I can imagine how surprised
you must have been to see something like that. It's neat seeing how different
people enjoy this hobby !

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 am

Fun stuff. Love incomings for others almost as much as me. Visited the AD today Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visited the AD today   Visited the AD today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visited the AD today
Page 1 of 1