The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:17 pm

OK, you guys know i bought a Rolex 16613 TT submariner brand new on jan 29 1999, it was my third rolex and i just had to have the TT. Over the years the gold thing has just not been me, hung my pimp hat and teeth up a few years back! Was on WUS the other day and saw a TT GMT Master II that a guy had put a all stainless oyster bracelet on(was it a rolex bracelet ???)I've spent almost 7 grand at the time on this and wouldnt spend another grand on a stainless bracelet from rolex! anyway got me think and started shopping on ebay, china had a ton of sub bracelets with no pictures, i'm sure there were no pics because the bracelet would be a replica with crown and all on the clasp! I found a guy in houston Texas that sells an aftermarket bracelet so i bought it not expecting much but when it arrived it was just as nice as the rolex bracelet from 1999, screwed in lugs, divers clasp and better endlinks, i put it on last night and really think it toned down the watch, will people think it's a fake rolex? Dont really care because i know the watch is real just got a different bracelet on it and all the fakes have a crown on the clasp, anyway here are the pics and i can enjoy the watch and save the gold bracelet for the day the watch goes to my son!!

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 013

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 012

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 011

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 014

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 018-2

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 019

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 020

it was either this or a mesh bracelet for it as i want to wear it more with all the gold!! still might try a mesh!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Bracelet looks good but will probably get less "that's a FAKE, look at the bracelet" if you go with mesh...

...not that I like mesh or anything Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_twisted

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:28 pm

I like that, Trevor. It really looks good. People must think a Rolex on a NATO is a fake, too?

My AD and I were talking a few weeks ago, about good after-market bracelets, straps, etc., and me mentioned a fellow from Texas with nice Rolex matched (and other higher grade watches) stuff, must be the same guy.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Good move on the bracelet Cali. Is the bezel plated? looks like some of the gold has rubbed off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:55 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Good move on the bracelet Cali. Is the bezel plated? looks like some of the gold has rubbed off.
No thats a funny one, Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Lol bezel is solid gold! Insert has a few scratches but the bezel itself is mint! Here are some pictures taken inside, think the bright sunlight was washing out the notches in the bezel!

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 024-1

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 026

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 025

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 023

These might help to if your not sure about the watch...

just covered my address, dont need any stockers..

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2769

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2761

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2763

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2764

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2765

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2766

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2767

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2768

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2770

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2771

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2772

Last time it was serviced and polished..

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 100_2773

Bought it at Hesselbeins in Carmel CA new in 1999, you can give Brad or Art Hesselbein a call if you have anymore questions, sure they would be more than happy to vouch for me!

Last edited by cali kid on Thu May 06, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:02 pm

porschefan wrote:
I like that, Trevor. It really looks good. People must think a Rolex on a NATO is a fake, too?

My AD and I were talking a few weeks ago, about good after-market bracelets, straps, etc., and me mentioned a fellow from Texas with nice Rolex matched (and other higher grade watches) stuff, must be the same guy.

He is most likely talking about wholesaleout999 on ebay. high-end stuff even solid gold bracelets!

http://stores.ebay.com/WHOLESALEOUTLET990
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:03 pm

cali kid wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
No thats a funny one, Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Lol bezel is solid gold! Insert has a few scratches but the bezel itself is mint!
Must be the lighting in the photo. I thought the bezel was solid, but that pic made me kwers-chun my knowledges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:21 pm

cali kid wrote:
porschefan wrote:

He is most likely talking about wholesaleout999 on ebay. high-end stuff even solid gold bracelets!

http://stores.ebay.com/WHOLESALEOUTLET990

Might be, I'll have to ask next time I'm there. Thanks for the link, cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Someone just brought up a VALID point in my mind...

We all SHUN replica WATCHES...

But what about replica straps, bracelets, parts, are we saying THAT is ok?

Good question as far as I am concerned...

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Hmm...

I bought from Breitling a croc and buckle to switch out on my Chronomat, and Tutima bracelets for those... OEM for those. "Common" croc for my Hamilton.

Probably the same thinking would apply... are you trying to pass it off as original? The stuff at the link of Trevors isn't using trademarks.

Last edited by porschefan on Thu May 06, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Difference is the person has the real watch also has bracelet or strap, they just decide to put a different one on from time to time! Big difference in my mind! Just because i have an aftermarket bracelet on my sub at the moment five minute from now i can have the original back on and take it down the street and sell it for 5 grand, dont think you can do the with a replica!! Think almost all Panerai owner has a ton of leather straps made by other people and some of them are in the hundreds of dollars! whoever brought it up is WRONG! They are only fake if they say the name of the watch company! other than that a strap is a strap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:07 pm

cali kid wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Difference is the person has the real watch also has bracelet or strap, they just decide to put a different one on from time to time! Big difference in my mind! Just because i have an aftermarket bracelet on my sub at the moment five minute from now i can have the original back on and take it down the street and sell it for 5 grand, dont think you can do the with a replica!! Think almost all Panerai owner has a ton of leather straps made by other people and some of them are in the hundreds of dollars! whoever brought it up is WRONG! They are only fake if they say the name of the watch company! other than that a strap is a strap!

And I feel the same is true for the watch. If it isn't CLAIMING to be a Rolex or Omega, etc by branding that company's name on it, I don't feel it is a fake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:28 pm

We ran into this on other forums years ago.Since you didn't mod on them,you didn't see it.You buy what you think is an omega bracelet.
only the deployant is real.The rest is aftermarket.Did you just get ripped off? yes.These things show up on the sales corners.
unbranded that can be mixed in with the real parts because they are made to decieve.Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.
aftermarket straps isn't what this is about.Thats not even an issue.its the interchangeble parts that are.
one member sold me a bell and ross velcro.It turned out to be a replica.He didn't know.is that an excuse? no.
putting an alpha bracelet on a rolex is fine until you mix the parts and they make it onto the sales forum by accident.
alot of accidents these days.all of those omega planet ocean straps that this thread linked to showed up two years ago
on tz and wus.The sellers sold them as omega straps.Those sellers vanished when the sales were over.
the only thing thats unbranded on the rolex bracelet is the deployant.the rest of the links will interchange with the real one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such   Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Originality, watches, copying, replicas, and such
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2