The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hoka Hey Glitch!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hoka Hey Glitch! Empty
PostSubject: Hoka Hey Glitch!   Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:18 am

Can you believe it? My son is getting ready for the endurance ride and his employer...A FREAKIN HARLEY DAVIDSON Dealership...backs out on their sponsership! WTF? They said because they gave him back the 8% pay cut they took a year ago and gave him a raise, they were pulling his sponsorship. That's pretty crappy if you ask me! Now he has to come up with about another $800 in sponsorship money. Oh well, it's always something. I told him I'd chip in some money to help him out. He needs the money to get home from Alaska. The ride is owned by the Discover Channel and will be broadcast on the channel later in the year. Anyway, please send some good luck his way in finding the funds he needs to get home from Homer!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Hoka Hey Glitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoka Hey Glitch!   Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh no, that doesn't sound good Duff ! I know your son has been
looking forward to this for a while, and so have you. Now, as the
race is just about here, this happens ! Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_eek Doesn't sound like the
best news or timing for that matter. However, I hope he will still
be able to go. I know from what I have been hearing from the very
beginning, that this is a once in a lifetime trip ! Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_smile So, in the end,
I think things will work out just fine !..GOOD LUCK !!!! Hoka Hey Glitch! 803574 ..Can't
wait to see this on the Discovery Channel !

Senior Associate
TVDinner

Hoka Hey Glitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoka Hey Glitch!   Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:38 pm

if the ride is going to potentially going to be broadcast on national TV later in the year, couldn't he go out and get other local businesses to provide patches or some sort of advertisement he could put somewhere on his person or bike in exchange for $$$.

Maybe also try to get some local press about the ride, which sounds cool, and recent loss of a sponsor and maybe some other local people will step up with sponsorship dollars.
Back to top Go down

Hoka Hey Glitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoka Hey Glitch!   Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Hopefully he'll be able to pick up a couple more sponsors. It just ticks me off that his own shop tells him they'll sponsor him and then back out 3 weeks before the trip. Pretty shitty if you ask me. Especially being as this is a Harley-Davidson dealership. Oh well, he's going anyway.
Back to top Go down

Hoka Hey Glitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoka Hey Glitch!   Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:52 am

He has enough to make it to Alaska.800.00 for the return trip? have him contact STT ,NESBA and WERA.All three might donate.
Kind of poor that his own dealership crapped on him.
Back to top Go down

Hoka Hey Glitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoka Hey Glitch!   Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:55 am

good luck to him and hope he can get a few new sponsers to help out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hoka Hey Glitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoka Hey Glitch!   Hoka Hey Glitch! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hoka Hey Glitch!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Off Topic - NOTHING to do with a watch...-
Jump to: