The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garage find . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:49 am

. . . posted up at DWC as well. For those that don't wander far from home . . . Garage find . . . Icon_biggrin

. . . notoriously renowned as a pack-rat extraordinaire, I not only NEVER part with anything . . . I ferret things away in an obscure manner, in places that seemed to make sense at some time. Lately I have been coming across long forgotten items that defy recall. Garage find . . . Icon_scratch

. . . So, this morning Wifey mentioned that one of the drawers in her wardrobe wasn't staying closed. Hmmmm??? I know I have some magnetic catches that should do nicely for the fix. Out to the garage, and into the bins marked "Hardware/Cabinets & Drawers" No catches. WTF?!?!? I'll dig into a few others. . .Aha!!!! What's this, a jam jar with something in it. Pretty dusty, can't really see whats in there . . . Shit, I can't get the lid off. Big ol' channel locks later. . . . . . SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garage find . . . Icon_cheers

. . . Apparently some time in the late 70's I stashed this stuff. Shortly after I quit sailing the merchants and came ashore. I wore this aboard ship as a daily. I guess when I broke the clasp I stowed it and moved on. I tend to live pretty much in the now. The watch I know. The bracelet was made on ship by the reparatør for me. The belt buckle . . . . another chemical memory casualty of the 70's!!!!

. . . Anyways, Ogival. Auto,Swiss . . . . Anyone familiar with this brand??? Kind of a cool case, love the indices.

Garage find . . . IMG_0475-1

Garage find . . . IMG_0482

Garage find . . . IMG_0483

Garage find . . . IMG_0486

Garage find . . . IMG_0490

Garage find . . . IMG_0492

Garage find . . . IMG_0494

. . . pretty beat up, not running. May be a good candidate for play-time wannabee watch reparatør. Garage find . . . Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:44 am

I have seen Ogival listed in some vintage auctions. Don't know anything about the brand but with a little polish job and a new crystal it may still have some life in it. Give it a few winds and see if it runs.

Edit-found one NOS on Ebay. Looks like the same model with some good pics but no real info on the watch or brand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-and-rare-Ogival-automatic-doble-calendar-NOS-/300432081839?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item45f325c3af
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:53 am

merichar wrote:
I have seen Ogival listed in some vintage auctions. Don't know anything about the brand but with a little polish job and a new crystal it may still have some life in it. Give it a few winds and see if it runs.

Edit-found one NOS on Ebay. Looks like the same model with some good pics but no real info on the watch or brand.

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-and-rare-Ogival-automatic-doble-calendar-NOS-/300432081839?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item45f325c3af
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-and-rare-Ogival-automatic-doble-calendar-NOS-/300432081839?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item45f325c3af[/quote[/url]]

. . . wow! The one the Bay is unreal. At least I know what it SHOULD look like again.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:23 am

I'd get it polished up and serviced....I've never seen that brand before.

Garage find . . . Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:39 am

Very cool find. The link to the one on eBay is great. Good luck with your rehab project Garage find . . . 803574
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:45 am

Has that RADO look to it...

...man you do pack stuff away!

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Caught it over at DWC first, and like i said there the watch is sweet and needs to be repaired and brought back to new or as close as possible!
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:03 pm

cool find Randy. I looked to see if I could find what movement used in it. They are still making watches today.

http://www.ogival.ch/
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Has that RADO look to it...

...man you do pack stuff away!

. . . it's really getting pretty bad. I must have put that stuff in a jar in the late 70's . . . Man, that was 30 years ago!!! scratch

. . . I'm a mess.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:02 pm

It's awesome when you find something like that Randy ! Garage find . . . 803574 Kind
of almost feels like you just got something brand new. This Ogival
has SOME kind of case !!! Garage find . . . 46145 REALLY like the markers too, and
wow..that bracelet looks comfortable also ! Congratulations on
your find here, and hopefully there are a few more hiding around
for you ! Garage find . . . Icon_cheers ..Enjoy !

Terrific website by the way Ron !..Their watches are REALLY impressive !!! Garage find . . . Icon_smile
Thanks !

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Holy Moses! I think I'll go out to my work shop ( lawn mower shed ) and check around
a bit. Maybe, I'll get lucky and find an old swiss automatic watch out there too!!!!! affraid

Congrats on the find.......I WANT TO SEE IT WHEN IT"S ALL SHINY!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Duker wrote:
Holy Moses! I think I'll go out to my work shop ( lawn mower shed ) and check around
a bit. Maybe, I'll get lucky and find an old swiss automatic watch out there too!!!!! affraid

I checked in my garage and just found this... but it's not a watch. Garage find . . . Kopfschuettel

Garage find . . . Barn-find-of-the-decade-1937-bugatti-type-57s-atalante
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 am

porschefan wrote:
Duker wrote:

I checked in my garage and just found this... but it's not a watch. Garage find . . . Kopfschuettel

Garage find . . . Barn-find-of-the-decade-1937-bugatti-type-57s-atalante

. . . Aw, bummer Dude. Only an Alante' . . . . tsk,tsk. Garage find . . . 744742
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:03 am

I knew you'd appreciate that one, Randy. Garage find . . . Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:07 pm

I'd like to see that one when it's all shiny too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Duker wrote:
I'd like to see that one when it's all shiny too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 cheers cheers cheers

Here you go, Duker.
Garage find . . . Bugatti-02wheelsbugatti480

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/02/a-1937-barn-fin/
Back to top Go down

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Talk about a collectors piece!!!!!!

Thanks for the pic's and the link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garage find . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garage find . . .   Garage find . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garage find . . .
Page 1 of 1