The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Citizen Skyhawk At

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 am

Picked this one up afew weeks ago.I've been buying more Citizens lately and trying out the different movements.This arrived
with a Sapphire crystal.It still needs to be sent out for ar to be applied.
This uses the 3rd generation U600 movement.Its Eco and radio controlled.So always accurate and only needs light to run upto
2.5 years in power saving mode.
Citizen Skyhawk At Skyhawk-at-44
Citizen Skyhawk At Skyhawk-at-42

Functions are laid out pretty well but the instructions are complex at 1st.You can have home time in display 2 and your second time in display one.
With a quick mode change,you can swap these out.The hands will move to the new time.
The utc dial at the 12 position took quite awhile to get the answers I needed.I wanted to know if it could be set to another time zone other
than UTC.The answer is no.All time is set from UTC.Change UTC and all other timezones are also changed.
Anyways,an interesting watch with functions I can really use when travelling.
Back to top Go down

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:21 am

Glad you got an answer on the UTC issue. That was bugging me as well once you asked. Sorry I couldn't help with that one.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:53 am

WOW...that thing is.................................complicated!

I do like the UTC dial!

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Anomaly wrote:
WOW...that thing is.................................complicated!

I do like the UTC dial!

I found you some nice single hand watches that are very uncomplicated. Unless we go to a Sun dial I can't help you with that any further Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 pm

You know I am a big fan of this watch. How did you get sapphire on it? That is a huge bonus and my biggest knock against this watch.
Back to top Go down

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Spaceview wrote:
You know I am a big fan of this watch. How did you get sapphire on it? That is a huge bonus and my biggest knock against this watch.

Previous owner had citizen usa do it.
Citizen Skyhawk At Watch3
Back to top Go down

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:10 pm

cool watch and i would like to add a citizen back into the stable but would most likely buy another zilla and get those new lug adaptors and put it on some BJstraps leather! Had one on rubber mint and sold it for 125 bones when i was cleaning all my quartz watches out of the collection! Could buy the autozilla but a big chunk of change and i like the look of the quartz better! Citizen Skyhawk At 71883
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Between the whole Eco-Drive thing, and the great looks of
this watch. It's hard not to REALLY like this one ! Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_smile Add
in the quality factor of Citizen, and you have an outstanding
combination here !..I like the orange accents, which are
added to the dial alot. It brings a sport feel to the watch,
while at the same time, helping to show off some of the
watch's great features !..Awesome bezel, movement,
and watch !..Congrats on your new watch and..Enjoy !!!
..NICE photos too ! Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_biggrin

Consigliere
sixtysix

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:25 pm

Great watch Sean....I have an LE Skyhawk with Sapphire.....Cant beat the functions on this one.

Citizen Skyhawk At Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 pm

$73 to add a sapphire crystal is a fair price..good to know if I ever need to replace mine. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 am

This is one of my all time favorites in my collection - just feels right on the wrist. Love the orange backlighting, too... A helluva lot of watch for the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Citizen Skyhawk At Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citizen Skyhawk At   Citizen Skyhawk At Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Citizen Skyhawk At
Page 1 of 1