The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benarus Moray....part deux

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Benarus Moray....part deux Empty
PostSubject: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:43 pm

I realize that there are mixed feelings about this company, but I liked my Moray and thought that is was a pretty nice watch. They added a HEV and deeper WR, but other than that, they kept the watch basically the same as V1. This is the preliminary details and some pictures from the website for V2 -

Benarus Moray 2 : Steel

The Moray 2 has new features and upgrapdes such as the new Miyota 9015 automatic movement, upgraded water resistance to 1000 meters, automatic helium release valve, and wider engravings on the bezel. It has the same 44mm 316L stainless case and double domed sapphire crystal. The case finish will be available in brushed, bead blasted, or PVD finish. The Moray 2 will ship with brown and black leather straps in a zip up travel case.

Benarus Moray....part deux Details
Benarus Moray....part deux 01big

Benarus Moray....part deux 10big

There may be preorder pricing at 3T, so if you are interested and are a member...check it out.

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 pm

thought about this watch many times but i've got the same style case on about 3 other watches and just think it would be a catch and release with a loss of funds and not really up for doing anymore of that! Benarus Moray....part deux 252943
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 pm

nothing wrong with this watch IMO....there are many configurations and inventive styles nowadays. As an aside, last year I was curious about the name, as it confused me with Benrus. I emailed the site, and the fellow told me their name came from a video game whose character was Benarus!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:31 pm

thianwong wrote:
nothing wrong with this watch IMO....there are many configurations and inventive styles nowadays. As an aside, last year I was curious about the name, as it confused me with Benrus. I emailed the site, and the fellow told me their name came from a video game whose character was Benarus!

Wow, isnt that nice and soooo close to the old stand by Benrus and they found it in a video game!! Benarus Moray....part deux 71883
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:19 pm

This one doesn't speak to me that much but it does resembles the Lum-tec M? series in styling. I like the new movement offering and was actually gonna order the new Remora but the 42mm case was a little on the small side.

Stan
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:08 pm

I have the V1 Moray and I really love it. I would not sell or upgrade to get the V2. Although, I am curious about the 9015 movement as I have not followed it's progress. If I did not own the V1......I think I would go for the V2. The Moray is a great watch and I would think the new version would be as popular as the first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
I have the V1 Moray and I really love it. I would not sell or upgrade to get the V2. Although, I am curious about the 9015 movement as I have not followed it's progress. If I did not own the V1......I think I would go for the V2. The Moray is a great watch and I would think the new version would be as popular as the first.

Most of what you'd like to know about the 9015 can be found here:
https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/horological-information-f13/9015-t4963.htm
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks Doc! Maybe I missed this but, is this a hacking movement? And, as was posted in your reference post, is there a watch that is using this movement right now besides the Moray coming out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Thanks Doc! Maybe I missed this but, is this a hacking movement? And, as was posted in your reference post, is there a watch that is using this movement right now besides the Moray coming out?

No problem. It is hand winding but none of the references indicate that it is hacking. I know of no other watches that are for sure. We've read rumors galore about it but nothing solid until the announcement about this one. I really think its likely to be a solid movement but I would NOT want to be one of the first owners. v0.1 is never what I want to own, even from Miyota.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Northwestguy wrote:

No problem. It is hand winding but none of the references indicate that it is hacking. I know of no other watches that are for sure. We've read rumors galore about it but nothing solid until the announcement about this one. I really think its likely to be a solid movement but I would NOT want to be one of the first owners. v0.1 is never what I want to own, even from Miyota.

I hear ya! Kinda like version 1 of anything...................I pad for instance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Northwestguy wrote:

I hear ya! Kinda like version 1 of anything...................I pad for instance.

Precisely. I tried the Ipad and didn't like it at all. Perhaps when its been out a year and is not ridiculously priced for what it is and has some more utility (no Flash??? get outta here) I'll look again. The 9015 is a great IDEA but I want to hear about its actual performance not just read its specs.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Benarus seems like they make some IMPRESSIVE watches
if you ask me ! Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_smile The look of their watches is intriguing.
Especially how you can change up the dials with various
marker, number, and color combinations. Even the hands
can come with different colors. I also like the cases on
their watches, along with what seems like a terrific list
of specifications !..The prices seem REALLY reasonable
too !!! Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_cheers ..Thanks for the info Mark !

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 pm

And....it has the new Miyota 9015, Doc's new love! Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_biggrin

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:03 pm

andrema wrote:
And....it has the new Miyota 9015, Doc's new love! Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_biggrin

AWESOME ! Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_cheers..NICE FIND Mark !!!

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Moray....part deux   Benarus Moray....part deux Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benarus Moray....part deux
Page 1 of 1