The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

22 Jewel quartz?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

22 Jewel quartz?  Empty
PostSubject: 22 Jewel quartz?    22 Jewel quartz?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Here's the story, I have this watch I bought on eBay about 5 years ago. I saw the auction it was $100 minimum bid....so I figured I would wait and bid in the last couple minutes and bid $100, I missed the end of the auction...so I emailed a few hours later and offered $100 since nobody bid. The seller (Hess Fine Art in FL), told me no and put it back up for a no reserve auction....so I won it for $42!! It's a LE (#77/100) Beemer.....blue MOP face, sapphire crystal, swiss chrono and it also said '22 Jewels' on the back. I had trouble believing it was a 22 Jeweled quartz. So I figured when the battery went dead I would open it up and see what the heck was in there. Anyway it does have a 22 Jewel quartz! An ETA 251.272, the movement is $80-$90 by itself....I never seen a quartz with this many jewels so I snapped a few shots:

22 Jewel quartz?  Beemerinside005

22 Jewel quartz?  Beemerinside004

22 Jewel quartz?  Beemerinside003

22 Jewel quartz?  Beemerinside001

22 Jewel quartz?  Xmaswatches049

22 Jewel quartz?  Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

22 Jewel quartz?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 22 Jewel quartz?    22 Jewel quartz?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Very cool. Yes, there are some very high jewel Eta quartzies out there like that one and the 252.261.

Hess Fine Art has shot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion with responses like the one you got.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

22 Jewel quartz?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 22 Jewel quartz?    22 Jewel quartz?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:08 pm

This is pretty AMAZING Gary !!! 22 Jewel quartz?  Icon_cheers Don't think I have seen a quartz watch
with this many jewels either. I mean there are automatic movements with
less jewels ! It's VERY impressive ! Then on top of that, it looks like it's very
limited, AND you evidently got it for a REAL nice price ! 22 Jewel quartz?  803574 It's neat seeing
the inner workings of this one. The outside of the watch is terrific also imho.
A super cool case, with a smooth look all the way to the bracelet. What a
dial there as well !!!..GREAT story, watch, and pictures sir !..Thank you !!!

Sponsored content

22 Jewel quartz?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 22 Jewel quartz?    22 Jewel quartz?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

22 Jewel quartz?
Page 1 of 1