The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFW ViperFish

Go down 
+2
jaw
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Had the opportunity to hang out with G.Fox, owner of NFW and he brought the first samples of the ViperFish with him. I got pictures of a few of the Auto's. I should of got them all. The Auto's have the new Miyota 9015 in them.

NFW ViperFish 5030666824_6626c43490_b

NFW ViperFish 5030666574_759ffd3b8c_b

NFW ViperFish 5030666606_e9b8847158_b

NFW ViperFish 5030666508_1de3401026_b

NFW ViperFish 5030666452_d518d3af88_b

NFW ViperFish 5030050021_3230290c8b_b

NFW ViperFish 5033013341_9cdacbd817_z
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:55 pm

That thing is a TANK!

Is the one in the upper right corner of the box "DESTRO?"

EDIT...nope, it's just UPSIDE DOWN!

EDIT 2...

1. I like the hands...
2. Are only the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers lumed? The others look black...?
3. Got any SIDE shots? Case back?

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Alan,

Here's a few more shots. You can sort of see the side view a bit. Also including a caseback shot of the automatics. All 12 hour markers are lume, and all hands. Bezel markings are lumed, except for the black bezel markings.

Anyway, here ya go. I grabbed a few of the samples and ran down to the beach to get a few of my very amateur shots. Greg's cell phone pics are better than my "camera" shots! Thanks, Greg!

NFW ViperFish 100_2949

NFW ViperFish 100_2955

NFW ViperFish 100_2964

NFW ViperFish 100_2951

NFW ViperFish 100_2962
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Great lume shots George...

...very nice case back as well!

The black dials are my favorites!

Any bracelet models coming?

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Great lume shots George...

...very nice case back as well!

The black dials are my favorites!

Any bracelet models coming?

Yes, definitely will be adding bracelets, Alan. In fact, that's what I was working on til around 3 AM last night. I got the bracelet sample last week and just wasn't happy with it. The endpiece and the first link weren't interacting as well as I wanted. So, I'm re-sculpting these pieces, which means tooling adjustments. So, I think we'll offer the ViperFish on the rubber strap first, and then offer the bracelet as a separate upgrade about a month later. This will work out well, since a lot of guys will just want it on the rubber strap and so won't need to pay for the bracelet if they don't want it. And for the guys who do want the bracelet, that will be available.

Thanks! The caseback did turn out nice, if I do say so myself... Cool
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Looks sweet G, Love the lume and a very nice caseback and they really did a nice job on the new miyota movement! Has got to be your best watch to date but all have been very cool watches!
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 pm

cali kid wrote:
Looks sweet G, Love the lume and a very nice caseback and they really did a nice job on the new miyota movement! Has got to be your best watch to date but all have been very cool watches!

Thanks, buddy! I appreciate that very much!

I'm really excited about the ViperFish. It's been a challenging watch to engineer. The case is made from over 40 separate pieces of steel, all coming together. I'm really happy with the way it's turning out. Thanks again!

G
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:09 pm

It's very nice to see someone run his business the old fashion way and design the products himself, it tells something about the man behind the name in a day and age anyone can be a "watch company" and just order out of a catalog! Kudos to you G for doing things the right way even though there were/are plenty of sleepless nights and alot more cost invovled! There will be nothing like it when it hits and not many companies can say that, how many places are using the same 45mm dive case at the moment, it gets a little silly! NFW ViperFish 74725
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Very nice George
So...when/where can I buy one? bounce
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:19 pm

cali kid wrote:
It's very nice to see someone run his business the old fashion way and design the products himself, it tells something about the man behind the name in a day and age anyone can be a "watch company" and just order out of a catalog! Kudos to you G for doing things the right way even though there were/are plenty of sleepless nights and alot more cost invovled! There will be nothing like it when it hits and not many companies can say that, how many places are using the same 45mm dive case at the moment, it gets a little silly! NFW ViperFish 74725

Thanks for recognizing this..... It's a lot of work and a lot of expense but I wouldn't do it any other way. And, I love what I do, so I can't complain one bit.
Very Happy

Last week I signed-off on these final samples so that the production process is now underway. Normally, this is about a 90-day process. But I'm pushing hard to get these in early December so we can ship them out for the holidays.

Not sure of the price yet, especially since I'm going to introduce the watch with the rubber strap, then offer the bracelet separately. We'll get the pricing figured out over the next couple weeks and I'll let you guys know.

There appears to be quite a bit of demand for this watch (I'm happy to say!). So, what we'll do is have an "Advanced Reservation" period so you guys can get what you want (if you want one) before we make them available to the general public and to our jewelers.

Thanks again, guys.

G
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Oh WOW ! ..GREAT pictures of these new ViperFish !!! Very Happy Thank you
for taking the time to show them to us Greg, and thank you as well
Mr. Fox for giving some extra info about everything. Really is nice to
see how much you love doing this, and how passionate you are about
your watches ! ..I think it's very cool that you take the time to stop
by, and talk with us. By the way, these watches must be something
to see in person, because the pictures of them are already TOO GOOD !
ALL of them look TERRIFIC, and it's hard to pick a favorite. Have to say
that the baby blue looks exceptional. It almost looks like lume, but you
get to enjoy that color even in the sunlight. ..AWESOME ! NFW ViperFish 803574 NFW ViperFish 803574

Thanks again !!!

barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:43 am

Wow! Nice attention to detail George. Love the lume on the bezel. Going to be hard to choose
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:48 am

Absolutely awesome George! Looks like it is gonna be a nice Christmas...

Stan
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:11 am

i dig the light blue dial!!! May be my first nfw
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm

VERY cool, been a long time coming but well worth the wait and effort on George's part. That lume is crazy!! Caseback: very cool! That limegreen is hot too...nice job George! cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:48 pm

cski wrote:
VERY cool, been a long time coming but well worth the wait and effort on George's part. That lume is crazy!! Caseback: very cool! That limegreen is hot too...nice job George! cheers

Where you been hiding dude?

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Anomaly wrote:
cski wrote:

Where you been hiding dude?

Just been busy, trying to keep the kids focused with the new school year, a little leave of absence I guess!
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:49 pm

i like it on the rubber and that light blue is damn sexy! NFW ViperFish 203558
Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm really feeling the Viperfish. This may be my next diver. That blue dial is smoking.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:42 pm

I am ready for the light blue dial as well. Sign me up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFW ViperFish Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFW ViperFish   NFW ViperFish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFW ViperFish
Page 1 of 1