The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo

Go down 
+5
smellody
max
sixtysix
Anomaly
andrema
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Empty
PostSubject: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 pm

While we're working on the watch we've also been having some fun working on the logo...

Without further adieu, here's the unveiling of the logo for our new dive watch coming out this Fall:
The mean & nasty.............. ViperFish!

And since today is the day, 100 years ago, that Jacques Cousteau was born, this seems like a very appropriate day to show you guys.

So, in honor of Mr. Cousteau and the dive watches we love, Vive le Jacques!

Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo VF-LogoLowRes
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:53 pm

VERY nice George! I really like how you incorporated the NFW logo into the tail!!

Leave it to a CT guy to hit it out of the park!!!

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Very nice. Planning on deep engraving on the casebacks with that logo?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:02 pm

VERY cool George!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Very cool logo..... Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_cheers

Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:06 pm

That's very creative, George. "Way cool" as the kids say. Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Heh, I love it.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Nice George!!! Very,very cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks, gents!

Next week we'll be working on the caseback art files and will incorporate the nasty fish into the casebacks.

I think this will not only look good on a caseback but also on hats & t-shirts (LOL, I need to update my "work uniform" with a few new shirts!)

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Thanks, gents!

Next week we'll be working on the caseback art files and will incorporate the nasty fish into the casebacks.

I think this will not only look good on a caseback but also on hats & t-shirts (LOL, I need to update my "work uniform" with a few new shirts!)

G

Tshirts...great idea.

Hmmm, wassup with ours Cali??????

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Good Job.

Like the clever logo tail.
Good font for ViperFish.
Constructively...It does take up a rather large area. But great for a case back.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 pm

That logo is pretty smooth. Love the tail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:57 pm

GEORGE!!! Great to hear from you in this neck of the woods!!! Glad to see the Viperfish coming along; anymore pics to share?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Oh man !!!..Is that GREAT or what ?! Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_biggrin What a uniquely cool
logo this is ! It's REALLY mean looking like you said, AND it just
ROCKS to tell the truth ! Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo 933578 The skeleton theme is EXCELLENT,
and all of the detail makes it even more special imho. That tail
area is THE best ! Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo 46145 ..Definitely an EXCEPTIONAL logo for
an EXCEPTIONAL watch Mr. Fox !..Thank you very much for
stopping by and showing us this sir !!!

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:29 am

Thanks, gentlemen!

We'll end up with different versions of it for different uses and sizes. For example, what you see printed on a t-shirt may be different version than what you see embroidered on a hat, and then different from the version that's etched into the steel casebacks.

I always enjoy working on the graphics since it represents a totally different set of challenges when compared to designing a watch.

No pics of the watch yet. The case is comprised of over 40 custom made parts that all fit together. So, everything's in the tooling stage, which takes several months. I did receive the first round of dial & hand assemblies and have made a bunch of adjustments for round two. Will post pics when I have something good to show!
Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_smile

Best,

G
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:42 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Thanks, gentlemen!

We'll end up with different versions of it for different uses and sizes. For example, what you see printed on a t-shirt may be different version than what you see embroidered on a hat, and then different from the version that's etched into the steel casebacks.

I always enjoy working on the graphics since it represents a totally different set of challenges when compared to designing a watch.

No pics of the watch yet. The case is comprised of over 40 custom made parts that all fit together. So, everything's in the tooling stage, which takes several months. I did receive the first round of dial & hand assemblies and have made a bunch of adjustments for round two. Will post pics when I have something good to show!
Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_smile

Best,

G

Yep - figured you'd have different versions. Very challenging to find one logo identity for all applications. I design graphics professionally (mostly 3D) and also enjoy working through each/every new set of constraints.

Also wanna say I've never owned an NFW - but VERY ANXIOUS for the ViperFish to be my first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:30 pm

looks like smelt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:38 pm

yamahaki wrote:
looks like smelt

It does?

Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Longfin_smelt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:24 pm

yamahaki wrote:
looks like smelt

Well, like the old saying goes.... "Whoever smelt it, dealt it..." ;>)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:04 pm

G.Fox wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
looks like smelt

Well, like the old saying goes.... "Whoever smelt it, dealt it..." ;>)

Humor.I like it. Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Can't wait to see the finished product George.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:48 pm

I love the logo. I can't wait to see it on the back of MY watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 am

ingoodtime wrote:
Can't wait to see the finished product George.

Me too!!!! When we get that first carton of them I'll be bouncing off the friggin' walls! Whenever I get a new sample of a watch I tear into the package like a kid who just got his long-awaited secret decoder ring! ;>)

G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo   Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unveiling: The ViperFish Logo
Page 1 of 1