The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first Scotty arrived today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

My first Scotty arrived today Empty
PostSubject: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:44 pm

I received the first of a few Westclox Scottys I'm picking up on eBay. Since most of them are
only in "fair" shape, I figured I'd buy a few/several and use the best components of each for
"my" Scotty, then resell the others. They're only about $15-$25 each.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the first one, along with a leather belt carrier I bought for it.
However, the carrier is in poor condition, so will need to be replaced somehow. I had to
photoshop the leather a bit to better render the finished product. Very Happy

My first Scotty arrived today S5_600

My first Scotty arrived today S3_600

My first Scotty arrived today S2_600

My first Scotty arrived today S1_600

My first Scotty arrived today S6_600

My first Scotty arrived today S7_600

Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Pretty Neat Tom! Are you going to keep it as a pocket watch or transform it to a wrist watch?
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Pretty Neat Tom! Are you going to keep it as a pocket watch or transform it to a wrist watch?

Hey John,

I'm hoping to just use it occasionally as a pocket watch in a leather
case hooked onto my belt - - like the one in the photos. Just unsnap
it and check the time, then snap it back up. It's kind of a blue jeans
accessory. Smile
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:07 am

A very cool blue jean accessory! I knew you had mentioned you bought one back in the 50's........this has to bring back some fabulous memories of that time!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:07 am

Looks great Tom!!

My first Scotty arrived today Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:44 am

This is just GREAT Tom ! cheers To be able to have the chance of finding these again
like this truly special. They most likely bring back alot of memories for you which is
nice, and the price still seems OUTSTANDING also. I mean you could literally have
a whole fleet of these by the sound of it if you wanted ! Very Happy It's just really neat how
you are finding multiples of these, and then making one EXTRA NICE one sir. Can't
imagine how cool it must be to be able to do that. When all is said and done, you
will probably have the ULTIMATE Scotty !!! ..Not to mention some extra parts to
go along with everything which could probably come in handy later on if you need
to fix or repair one. My first Scotty arrived today 803574 ..Want to thank you for giving some insight into this pocket
watch. Honestly don't know a ton about them, other than knowing that they are
REALLY neat. I know they were very very popular at one time, and that they still
make some PHENOMENAL ones today, but this is special because it's an original,
a classic, something that goes back in time. I REALLY enjoy the cases, along with
case-shapes with these. The way in which the steel is so SMOOTH is REAL impressive
in my opinion. Wonder how these were made years ago ?! If maybe they were bent,
and shaped by hand, by machine, or both ! ..In any case, it's interesting to see the
texture, along with shaping of it. The front section leading up to the crystal is extra
COOL because it almost looks like the metal is formed into steps there. What a nice
touch once again ! Smile Also enjoying how the crystal seems to have that bubble-like
shape as it covers, and protects the dial. It helps put the dial front, and center
perfectly. You can genuinely see the EXCELLENT look of those hands there sir.
Two thumbs up with those ! My first Scotty arrived today 803574 My first Scotty arrived today 803574 ..Even the style of those numbers is EXTREMELY
eye-catching imho. Kind of classic, and elegant, but definitely BOLD, and noticeable
at the same time. VERY cool stuff ! ..Same goes for the terrific sub-dial, along with
the "Made in U.S.A.", "Shock Resistant", and "Westclox Scotty" print there ! I actually
thought "Scotty" was a nickname for the watch before seeing this. Learning something
new every day ! ..Have to add that the crowns on pocket watches, along with where
the chain might go, is ALWAYS fun to look at as well. ..Those along with the GREAT
movements which are in these pocket watches are some of the most noticeable qualities
about these watches. They are unique, beautiful, and bring you back to a different time
which is PRICELESS I think. Also think it's a REAL bonus that the leather carrier comes along
with the watch to keep everything authentic, as well as protect it sir !!! ..Congratulations
on finding these CLASSICS, and I really hope you enjoy them once again Tom !

Thanks for showing this to one us !!! ..Tremendous pictures by the way also !

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:48 am

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the kind words of encouragement.
My first Scotty arrived today 450851
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Amazing, you have the best vintage stuff Tom and i'm sure glad to see you hanging around again! My first Scotty arrived today 74725
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Scotty arrived today   My first Scotty arrived today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first Scotty arrived today
Page 1 of 1