The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! Empty
PostSubject: Fortis Marinemaster arrived today!   Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Picked up this diver at the post office this morning. It's a vintage Fortis Marinemaster reissue. The dial contains depth charts I don't understand, but like
looking at. The brushed case is 42mm x 50mm, and offers two crowns: one for rotating the inside depth bezel. The movement is a 25-jewel ETA 2783,
which I think is NOS, since they haven't been manufactured since the mid-'70s. It came on a Fortis rubber strap, but I immediately put it on a 22mm
shark mesh bracelet.

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F1

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F2

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F3

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F4

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F5

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F6

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F7

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F8

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F9

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! F10

Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Fortis Marinemaster arrived today!   Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Shocked Smile cheers Yowza Tom ! Your new Fortis is just SENSATIONAL ! ..Honestly is the type
of watch that you can't get enough of. Both in terms of the look, but also the history
of the brand, and watch itself. ..There hasn't been a time over the last year where I
haven't been enamered when seeing this watch on ebay, or on a vintage watch site
somewhere. It just does every little thing right imho. The looks, the combination of
elegance, along with sportiness, as well as what really seems like a timeless design
that literally seems like it could have been released today is ALL fantastic. Congrats
on finding, and adding this to your collection Tom ! Smile Looking at the watch, it's hard
not to notice the dial Tom. Those depth charts you mentioned might be hard to figure
out, or understand, but when something looks that cool, it doesn't really matter in
my opinion. cheers What's neat about them is that from a distance it looks just like
an orange, and white pattern. Then you notice that it is much more. All of the many
numbers, along with blocks make for an extra nice look. The way it all flows together,
and gives the watch a technical feel is excellent. Plus it just looks AWESOME ! Hey,
and lets not forget that black background which lets you enjoy the dial even more.
There's this whole smooth attitude that is happening. That attitude mixed with some
of the most eye-catching design elements is what helps give the watch more of
that timeless theme. You have those orange, and white blocks with the depth charts.
Then added to that, you have those beautiful raised markers, which look like they
are reaching out from the dial. Fantastic ! ..Even the hands bring in some sportiness,
along with class. That polished, and orange combination id out of this world if you
ask me sir. ..Yet another outstanding part of the watch would be the wide chapter
ring. Man oh man, that is NICE with the markings, and numbers. However, all of
this was only the beginning. Later you see that nothing about this vintage Fortis is
ordinary. Even the extremely tall, and unique crystal is something to see with it's
space capsule-like theme, and look. Wow !!! In addition to the extraordinary crystal,
you have that masterfully done case which again goes above, and beyond the
usual. That sleek shape, the brushing, and way the pushers effortlessly blend in
to the case are all once again FANTASTIC. It really shows you how far ahead of
it's time this watch is Tom, but also how classic, as well as timeless it is. Even the
case-back, along with mesh bracelet fit in just as well today, as they did years
ago. ..Congratulation once again Tom, and as always keep enjoying ! Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! 803574

Fantastic Fortis, along with pics !

watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: STUNNING   Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:27 pm

You have "THE" bad ass collection of TIMEPIECES. Love your tastes in Vintage. Yep I said timepiece (LOL) versus watch, bcuz thats so much more than just a watch IMO

CONGRATS Tom
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Fortis Marinemaster arrived today!   Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:45 am

great looking watch Tom! I'm not a big fan of this dial but like everthing else I see. Your photos are excellent as always
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Fortis Marinemaster arrived today!   Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:50 am

Amazing watch, amazing pics!

Enjoy Tom!

PostSubject: Re: Fortis Marinemaster arrived today!   Fortis Marinemaster arrived today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortis Marinemaster arrived today!
Page 1 of 1