The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New arrival...

Go down 
+6
smellody
PoliMalaka
TAZMAN64
sixtysix
Anomaly
ramirez1970
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 pm

After a little soul searching, I decided to dump my 16610LV (which I never wore) and pulled the trigger on this. I know there are many who don't like the new case, in particular, but I think this is a huge improvement over the model it replaces.

New arrival... 116610
New arrival... 116610back
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 pm

KILLER piece dude!

Timeless CLASSIC!

ENJOY!

Consigliere
sixtysix

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Cool...that one will get lots of wrist time!! Congrats...

New arrival... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:29 pm

one of the best of the best!!! this timepiece will never go out of style, it is perfect in everyway. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:03 pm

Boo hiss. You have one and I don't. You're not my favorite person at this moment.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Congratulations! As good as it gets by my book!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:06 am

Woohoo Ramirez !!!!!!! cheers New arrival... 933578 Looks like you really made a FANTASTIC decision with this
one ! ..If there was EVER a watch to sell a watch, or a bunch of watches for, I guess it
would have to be this Rolex. New arrival... 46145 Basically everything everyone already said hit the nail
right on the head imho. This is the kind of watch that genuinely is a legend. A watch that
is known by people who like watches, as well as people who don't. The quality, the name,
and the look, are something that kind of goes beyond just a watch, and becomes something
more I think. Something that people genuinely respect, and consider THE ultimate watch !
..Congratulations on having this sir !!! ..Want to first say, that I don't know a whole bunch
about the new case, as compared to the older version, but this looks EXTREMELY good to
me right here. Smile Seems like it might be a little BIGGER overall, and maybe have some
extra edges, along with angles in it. In any case, it looks GREAT Ramirez ! ..I like the way
the finish is on this case as well. That brushing definitely helps to show off the steel very
very nicely. You can also see that the craftsmanship is remarkable with it as well. Just
looks flawless no matter where you happen to look. ..Another neat feature has to be the
iconic dial on this Rolex. It's the kind of dial, that again everyone knows. Even those who
don't really collect watches like us. The way the hour, minute, and second hand looks is
just something so familiar imho. We all know that look, and I guess it inspired many other
watch companies even to try similar looks. Same goes for the marker shapes with the dot,
rectangle, along with triangle marker there. I'm not 100% sure if Rolex came up with that look,
but wouldn't be surprised if they did to be honest. New arrival... 803574 Even when you look at the bezel style
with it's SUPER cool edge, along with look with the markings, and numbers you realize that this
watch basically helped alot of other watches get the look that they have. The whole dive watch
look seems to have come in some way from this kind of design imho. That's just one of things
that brings about a respect that so many people have for the brand I think. On the one hand
you have watch people who know, and respect the watches like this, along with Rolex itself.
While on the other hand you have a brand, and watch that people respect who really AREN'T
into watches, but know that this is a legendary icon. ..So that's pretty NEAT ! ..For those of
us who ENJOY watches, we like staring at all of the different details. For instance the bracelet
on this watch, and how the steel looks, the links, the brushing, and even the craftsmanship on
a clasp like this one ! ..Yowza !!! ..It's also GREAT knowing that there is a high quality movement
behind it all making things for us, even more FUN, and exciting !!! Very Happy Kind of goes back to what
everyone already mentioned. This one is a classic, which is the best, and it genuinely is a legend
if you ask me to many many people who both enjoy this hobby, as well as those who really don't
follow the hobby at all. Guess that is part of what makes it an Icon ! ..That, and it really just
looks COOL ! cheers ..Congratulations once again Ramirez ! ..NICE one !!!! ..Enjoy !

GREAT watch, GREAT pics !!!

Associate
watchdaddy1

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:11 pm

New arrival... 745499 I don't like you...But the ROLEX I LOVE.. New arrival... 939297
All kiding aside nice purchase & if other people don't like it F'-UM'
Back to top Go down

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:05 pm

As the owner of three Rolex watches over the years (still have a 16613 sub) i think you hit a homerun! New case makes the watch look 42mm, new dial and bezel are sweet and the bracelet and clasp are out of this world! Job well done my brother! New arrival... 46145
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Congratulations. I too am a fan of the new design. Your soul searching seems to have been successful. Love it!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks, guys... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 am

Very, very nice!!

New arrival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival...   New arrival... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New arrival...
Page 1 of 1