The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New arrival

Go down 
+5
Chris S.
jaw
pacifichrono
TAZMAN64
watchdaddy1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:02 pm

New arrival  Happy%20guyWell I sold some pieces I dont wear & a little coin outa my pocket & viola.

Rolex ExplorerII (random serial#)

It's got the new completely in house 3186 movement incorporating the Parachrome Blue hairspring. As a minor modification to the tried and tested 3185, Also the rehaut is engraved, the bracelet is luxury @ it's finest, those of you that own an Omega can appreiciate what I'm saying. The slightly raised, flat sapphire crystal is perfect for this watch. I am generally not a fan of Cyclops magnifiers on a crystal but this just flows w/ the piece. It's a little small @ 39mm but it wears bigger IMO, It's got a stealthy low profile. Bezel is fixed which I generally dont like, but again it flows w/ the style of ths timepiece.

Pros so far are 3186 mvmt,Amazing comfort,Stealth factor

Cons, which I had to search for, Poor lume(which makes me sad),No AR coating, bracelet adjust is just your typical adjustments

I did my research b4 purchasing this 1-To say I'm extremely happy is an understatement- I'm exctaticNew arrival  Sponge%20bob

New arrival  SUC52037

New arrival  SUC52038

New arrival  SUC52039

New arrival  SUC52040

New arrival  SUC52041

New arrival  SUC52042

New arrival  SUC52043

New arrival  SUC52044
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey William, Awesome timepiece!!! It dosent get much better than a rolex. Congrats and enjoy. Steve
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:39 pm

It looks awesome. Enjoy the hell out of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Congratulations - Looks Great!
Sure wish it was me. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Awesome cheers cheers Very Classy Time Piece

How does it compare to your Omega Gmt ? I have often wondered the difference . I have always yearned a GMT Rollie.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Oh MAN William, this is REALLY something here !!! Very Happy New arrival  803574 Has to be very fulfilling
to have sold off some of those older watches, and picked out this legend here.
I mean just look at this one ! cyclops Yowza ! It definitely has all of that patented Rolex
class, and then matches it up with a smooth, and sporty attitude. Very happy that
you added such a GREAT watch to your collection, and I think that the old watches
you sold are even happy for you TOO. Smile Congratulations !!! ..Have to first mention
that the in house movement you are talking about in this watch sounds amazing.
Not sure exactly what that Parachrome Blue is, but man oh man, it sounds more
than a little impressive. Actually the whole in house movement is something that
ALWAYS impesses, and I guess helps to separate a good watch from a GREAT
one. Which this Explorer II DEFINITELY is ! Another thing that is great about your
new Rolex has to be the way the watch as a whole flows as you said. All you
have to do is take a look at the stainless steel on the case, bezel, or even incredible
bracelet you mentioned. The way each part is finished, or brushed is excellent imho.
It genuinely helps to make the watch look as if it is made from the same piece of
steel. The case for example with it's shape, as well as way it transitions into those
lugs is off the charts cool. You can really see the fine detail in the brushing, along
with the high quality of the steel, and workmanship there. It's also nice how there
is that simple, yet perfectly designed crown protector which not only keeps the
crown safe, but seemlessly fits the personality that this watch has. ..Even the
bracelet is exceptional as it once again flows away from, and into the case. You
can tell that the quality is VERY high, and that the design is as legendary as the
watch it holds on to. Guess that is why the watch not only looks so good, but
also feels so comfortable as you said sir. New arrival  46145 ..Another really great part about
this one is the bezel William ! That angle of the bezel, and the way it slopes like
the side of a mountain is AWESOME. Also has to be enjoyable seeing those cool
bold numbers, as well as markings on it. That brushing keeps the flow of the watch
going even more too, and the whole look of the bezel even transitions nicely
into the dial. The manner in which those triangles on the bezel play off of the triangle
marker on the dial, as well as the other unforgettable markings is TOO GOOD !
Same goes for that instantly recognizeable hand look with this Rolex. That style
is something that can't be beat, and the red accented one adds yet another level
of sportiness to this great black dial. Great dial, hands, case, bracelet, movement,
GREAT everything William !!! Congrats once again, and as always .. enjoy ! Very Happy

Great watch, AND PICS !

Associate
watchdaddy1

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Chris S. wrote:
Awesome cheers cheers Very Classy Time Piece

How does it compare to your Omega Gmt ? I have often wondered the difference . I have always yearned a GMT Rollie.

That's a hard 1 chris, luxurious to say the least & the independent hour hand is the same in both pieces, I love my Omega but I would have to pick the Rolex in this case..
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Tom as usual THANK YOU, U r the man & a wordsmith to boot.
Thanks guys for the compliments..

This means you to Steve...Hope you r doing well.
William
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:56 pm

watchdaddy1 wrote:
Tom as usual THANK YOU, U r the man & a wordsmith to boot.
Thanks guys for the compliments..

This means you to Steve...Hope you r doing well.
William

No problem sir ! ..Thank YOU, and by the way, you are a watchsmith. Smile New arrival  46145

Senior Associate

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:28 am

Stunning. The watch of a lifetime. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Great watch!!!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:39 am

Damn, we may be small but this place is turning into the BIG BOYS club with all these kick ass watches!

Awesome dude!

I may have to do a site redesign!

Associate
watchdaddy1

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 pm

THANKS AGAIN GUYS:bounce:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New arrival  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New arrival    New arrival  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New arrival
Page 1 of 1