The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you had to guess...

Go down 
+9
ericf4
watchdaddy1
max
ramirez1970
jaw
AtomicTom
andrema
Northwestguy
Anomaly
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

If you had to guess... Empty
PostSubject: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 am

...how many watches do you see yourself buying this year?

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 am

I have 2 on the way and I see 2 more.................I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 am

0.......have too many other priorities than to be buying watches this year, engagement ring for the girlfriend, saving money so we can get a place together, and hopefully a nice vacation as well. Watches just will not fit into the budget at all this year, and if I did purchase one, it would probably be at the very, very end of the year....well, unless I hit the lotto...
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:55 am

tattoo chef wrote:
0.......have too many other priorities than to be buying watches this year, engagement ring for the girlfriend, saving money so we can get a place together, and hopefully a nice vacation as well. Watches just will not fit into the budget at all this year, and if I did purchase one, it would probably be at the very, very end of the year....well, unless I hit the lotto...

Congrats on the ring and all that brings!

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 am

Thanks Alan. Lets hope she says yes........after all I am a shitbird ....LOL...JUST HAD TOO....
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Thanks Alan. Lets hope she says yes........after all I am a shitbird ....LOL...JUST HAD TOO....

LMAO!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:00 am

1 or 2

This:

If you had to guess... Tudor_12

and perhaps a Stowa Airman

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:05 am

Mark, that Tudor is beautiful. Wouldnt mind seeing some real world pics of it , when you do pick it up....Great looking watch.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:27 am

Going to say somewhere between 4, and 8 ! ..All depends on whether
the watches are of the more affordable variety, or I try to go a little
more mid-range for the first time in the coming year ! If you had to guess... 803574 ..Still that
number could possibly change in either direction to be honest Alan !

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 am

Hmmm...probably 4-6 depending on budget (yes I have one). Already at 2 (1 here and waiting for the release of another). Honestly 2010 was such a banner year with a higher bar for me - only high-end stuff remains. So, the number can't be too high for me. Will be interesting to review this thread next year.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 am

I'm going to try and limit myself to 2. I want to reacquire a Sinn U1 (or maybe a UX). Not sure what else. Maybe an Omega SMP.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:25 am

I am VERY happy with my current collection. Something is going to really have to WOW me to get me to buy this year...

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

i would say between 10-15,depending on how many i sell.lol
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

Just about gone through all the ones I wanted to try and most of the ones I want are out of my price range so I am gong to say 4 to 6 but I dont think it will be that many unless some new models come to market.
Never say never however.
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm gonna do more selling this year then buyn' If all work according to my WIS plan Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
w/ the sales I want a Sinn U1 & this is the year I WILL OWN A PANERAI, if ALL goes as planned.
So my final answer is If you had to guess... 831531 who the F***K knows If you had to guess... 766404
If you had to guess... 744742 If you had to guess... 744742 If you had to guess... 744742 If you had to guess... 744742
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 pm

3........But what a threee they will be.......Quality over Qty,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:37 pm

ericf4 wrote:
3........But what a threee they will be.......Quality over Qty,,,,,

You slant is toward quality...

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 pm

I bought two last year and I'm going to try to stick to that . Unless I have a big sell off.. affraid
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:51 pm

I am still selling, and buying! I hope no more than 10 new ones, although I have already jumped at something......

If you had to guess... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Probably just one.....I've never owned a Carrera and if TAG ever gets off their butts and exports the 1887 chrono to the US, I'll take a good, hard look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:40 pm

It may depend on how many I sell. Trying to upgrade the whole collection but there are some that either wont sell, or not worth the hassle of selling.

I may have an unexpected "inheritance" coming my way though. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Noisy Nova
Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't plan on buying any.
I'm thinking of selling two or three.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Realistically? I'd say 15-25, keeping in mind I sometimes buy to flip. I've got a 1970-ish Hamilton chronograph on eBay now that's at almost triple my cost, with two more days to go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had to guess...   If you had to guess... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you had to guess...
Page 1 of 1