The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picked up another Favre-Leuba

Go down 
+2
Northwestguy
pacifichrono
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Picked up another Favre-Leuba Empty
PostSubject: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:06 pm

I won another F-L, just a week after my other one. This one is nearly the same: late 1960s with the patented
17-jewel Swiss Favre-Leuba "Twin Power" movement, which features dual mainspring barrels operating in parallel
to give 48 hours of power reserve. Very Happy The mailman just dropped it off an hour ago.

Picked up another Favre-Leuba FL1

Picked up another Favre-Leuba FL2

Picked up another Favre-Leuba FL3

Picked up another Favre-Leuba FL4

Picked up another Favre-Leuba FL5

Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Tom, Tommy, Tommeth, The Tomster! You are amazing! What a fine catch. Someday, you really do need to post a pic of the entire herd. I may need to talk to you in private regarding hiring you as my personal watch hunter. Are you expensive? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Tom, Tommy, Tommeth, The Tomster! You are amazing! What a fine catch. Someday, you really do need to post a pic of the entire herd. I may need to talk to you in private regarding hiring you as my personal watch hunter. Are you expensive? Very Happy
Never done it before...but I suppose I can be bought. Picked up another Favre-Leuba 744742
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Maybe I should add that many of my purchases are destined to re-enter the eBay arena, albeit with a very different presentation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:25 pm

I knew that you made improvements on some and then turned them over. In any case, your finds are fabulous and I always love what you get!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Cool watch!

Aren't they trying to resurrect that brand?

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Cool watch!

Aren't they trying to resurrect that brand?
I think they are - - not sure it the ownership remains unchanged or if some marketer bought the brand and is now exploiting it.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Very nice!!

Picked up another Favre-Leuba Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 pm

tom, thats a great looking watch, the dial is sweet along with the movement. congrats on yet another awesome find. steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 am

Tom, this Favre-Leuba is UNBELIEVABLE ! cheers It's the kind of watch that makes you forget
all about that Longines yesterday. Smile It just has this cool balance of all things classy, smooth,
and sporty. No matter where you decide to start on this F-L, it's bound to keep you entertained.
First of all, the "Twin Power" movement sounds, and looks IMPRESSIVE ! Have honestly never
seen, or heard of such a cool concept. Definitely sounds powerful, and manages to keep the
classy, and smooth theme going strong as well. ..Just seeing that Twin Power on the dial is
intimidating enough. However, you then notice that the movement itself is nothing to be scared
of, but rather one to be appreciated, along with enjoyed. Picked up another Favre-Leuba 46145 ..It's REALLY something to see
the gold finish of it, along with all of the various parts of the mechanism. It's literally a real
"Jewel" of a movement sir ! Very Happy Maybe that might be the overall theme of this watch, because
it genuinely looks to be a treasure. Moving to the outside of this watch is just as enjoyable as
well. The case for instance has this super low stance to it which is REALLY neat. You can see it
from the top views, but especially see the stance from your excellent side-view photos. It has
this clean, and simple look at first, but then you discover that there is some genuine perfection
happening with everything. The smooth shape, along with design is beautiful. It's like this molded
piece of art, that brings even more personality to the watch. That low stance, as well as the
detailed brushing is extraordinary. Picked up another Favre-Leuba 46145 Even the lugs have an ingenious cut that is made into
them that lets the shape of the case keep going right through the four of them. It's something
you really don't see on watches, but it's definitely neat to see here if you ask me Tom. One more
part of this watch that is NEAT to see, is the dial here. There again is this balance of classiness,
and smoothness with how everything is done. While at the same time there is also this excitement,
and boldness added with the numbers. They're very LARGE, and noticeable theme is just FANTASTIC
sir. Each of them seems to be slightly rising up off of the surface of the dial, and the color of
them is extremely enjoyable as well. Kind of looks like they a glowing even in normal light here.
It's REALLY terrific imho ! In addition to those amazing numbers, the hash marks on the outside
edge of the dial add in some sportiness, as well as some extra smoothness TOO. They also help
to bring a little extra attention to the dial. cyclops Also can't say enough how NICE the hands are on
this Favre-Leuba. They are elegant, and match up just right with the super smooth feel of the watch
in my opinion. Even the Favre-Leuba emblem on the dial, AND crown brings some extra excitement
to this one. Picked up another Favre-Leuba 46145 ..Think that's yet another theme to this watch. Even though it's a classy watch.
There is still some excitement spread throughout it as well. One more example of that could
be the crystal, which reaches just high enough to grab your attention, but takes nothing away from
the personality of the watch. It's just one more example of that balance that this watch has at every
corner you turn. From the crystal to the movement, this one is a REAL Jewel Tom ! Congrats on
picking it up, and whether you sell it, or keep it, I hope you enjoy !

Outstanding watch, along with pictures !

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:19 pm

stiff says dat dat's a super looking zifferblatt especially considering da age of the watch. Is dis an "international" pickup?

stiff muckler iiH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up another Favre-Leuba   Picked up another Favre-Leuba Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up another Favre-Leuba
Page 1 of 1