The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Empty
PostSubject: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:24 pm

As I mentioned about a week or so ago, all of the recent great modified watches that members here have been showing us has inspired me to try it myself! So, I purchased a watch a few weeks ago for the sole purpose of modding it!

Well, it came in and the parts are ordered...this will definitely be interesting! As I progress, I'll show you guys the good, bad and ugly of the project! Here is the poor victim, a Seiko 6309-7040...it isn't "all original", so don't feel too bad for it!

Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! 7e6c88a2
Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! 88336434
Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! F739a52a

I put it on a IsoFrane for now, because I hate those Seiko rubber straps! Twisted Evil

Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! 6b122046

OK...I'm now off to cause chaos in this watch's world! Twisted Evil

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:09 pm

This is going to be cool Mark ! Just having the chance to see you try this out
for the very first time will be really interesting because most of us have never
done something like this before either. Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! 803574 Will be great to see how the whole
process goes, as well as how this Seiko is tranformed when all is said, and done.
..Good luck with everything, and have FUN !

barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:29 pm

great watch and even better with a little mod work, can't wait to see what you do with it Mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Looking forward to the project! One of the hardest things is the wait for the parts to show up once you decide what you want to do. Keep us posted and remember, you have a lot of back up here if you hit a snag!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:43 pm

The thing that I am finding is that the wait for the tools is just as long! Very Happy I ordered a couple of different dials/chapter rings too...so that complicates things!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:40 pm

It seems like anticipation is always involved with this hobby Mark. Whether waiting for that
new watch, or these tools, and parts ! Smile Pretty neat stuff when you stop, and think about
it ! ..Thanks for the update !!!

thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:55 pm

You couldn't have picked a nicer vintage to mod! many parts will fit the 6309. So..go crazy! haha!
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Just so it doesn't end up looking like a Swatch! Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! 744742
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!   Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark's Mod Project...let the fiasco begin!
Page 1 of 1