The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Empty
PostSubject: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:38 pm

OK Guys just floating an Idea: Just thought it might be of interest to you to build a watch project exclusively for this Forum. Just an Idea so let me know if this this is worth thinking about. The watch will be developed on this forum with your feedback. Let me know if this can fly. Thanks Brendon, Trintec
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:36 am

It not a crazy idea, there have been forum exclusive watches at several different forums. But........getting enough people here to like the same watch enough to buy it may be tough.

Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:47 am

Sorry, Brendon, I appreciate your good intentions but I've seen too many of these projects get mired in design disagreements, cost overruns, delays in manufacturing, and lack of enough member support to warrant the custom approach. For me personally, I really don't care to have "Watch Gods Forum" emblazoned on the dial of my watch.

Thanks for asking though. Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. 74725
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:43 am

Bottom line is look and cost...

...can you ball park costs?

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:12 pm

This sounds like a really great idea Brendon !!! cheers Just having the chance to see a watch designed,
and built like this would be so interesting. Not to mention alot of fun ! Thanks very much for even
thinking about doing something like this !!! Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. 46145

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm

sixtysix wrote:
It not a crazy idea, there have been forum exclusive watches at several different forums. But........getting enough people here to like the same watch enough to buy it may be tough.
Hi Gary thanks for that yes I do see your point. Let us see what the reaction is and I will know soon enough if it is worth going any further with the idea. Thanks Brendon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:49 pm

pacifichrono wrote:
Sorry, Brendon, I appreciate your good intentions but I've seen too many of these projects get mired in design disagreements, cost overruns, delays in manufacturing, and lack of enough member support to warrant the custom approach. For me personally, I really don't care to have "Watch Gods Forum" emblazoned on the dial of my watch.

Thanks for asking though. Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. 74725
I appreciate your honesty and advice. Thanks Brendon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Bottom line is look and cost...

...can you ball park costs?
I was thinking in the 200-300 range. You guys already have an idea of my style so it will be along the same lines of what I have already done but a new case design. Maybe Powered by Miyota 9215 if I can get supply. Thanks, Brendon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:00 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
This sounds like a really great idea Brendon !!! cheers Just having the chance to see a watch designed,
and built like this would be so interesting. Not to mention alot of fun ! Thanks very much for even
thinking about doing something like this !!! Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. 46145

As usual thanks for your support AtomicTom. Well let us see how everyone feels and if there is interest we can explore it more. It could be fun but it may be hard to get everyone to agree. Thanks Brendon
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Trintec wrote:
pacifichrono wrote:

I appreciate your honesty and advice. Thanks Brendon

Afraid I agree totally with you here. The old SCWF tried it, and Noah Fuller had put a lot of sweat into creating the forum logo and watch....many guys had given positive feedback, so Noah went ahead on the project....only to be disappointed at the lack of posters commitment. He ended up selling the dials.

If Trintec could choose a stock watch, make it sterile but with caseback special texted for XMT , keep the cost down....this might attract guys.....just a thought.....Casio G shocks do this all the time!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Trintec wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

As usual thanks for your support AtomicTom. Well let us see how everyone feels and if there is interest we can explore it more. It could be fun but it may be hard to get everyone to agree. Thanks Brendon

You're welcome Brendon, and I agree, guess we will wait and see what everyone thinks about the idea ! Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. 803574

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:39 pm

I'd imagine it would depend upon design...I know BDWF also did at least one.....

As for the "Watch Gods Forum," I don't need it on the dial. It's already stenciled along my inner thigh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.   Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy Idea? Don't know if this has ever been done.
Page 1 of 1