The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good night Irene!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 am

Anyone else ready to get slapped by Irene this weekend? If all predictions go as the experts say it could be really bad Sat thru Sunday. Be safe everyone!!
Back to top Go down

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm in the Tidewater area of Va so she is heading right for us. Hope everyone in it's path stays safe.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Yes, be safe Chris, and Russ. Doesn't sound like it's going to be a good weekend here
in New Jersey. We are used to snow, and having a blizzard once in a while, but a direct
hit from a hurricane is something totally different. Not really sure what is going to happen
to be honest. Especially if Irene does what they say it is going to. Again, I hope everyone
in it's path will be alright. Take care, and good luck everybody !

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 pm

winds picking up, starting to rain a bit...and the hurricane isn't' even here yet...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:25 pm

cski wrote:
winds picking up, starting to rain a bit...and the hurricane isn't' even here yet...

Same here Chris, had these torrential downpours a few times today, and like you said the
hurricane is still far away which is amazing. It's also been amazing how busy the last couple
of days have been with everyone going to supermarkets, and hardware stores, etc.

Thanks for the update Chris. Let us know how things are going as the storm gets closer
sir. Take care of yourself !

Senior Associate
andrema

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

I just bought all of the bread and mild that was available in central Connecticut....now I just have to figure out what to do with all of these milk cartons...damn

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:57 am

Getting bad now 50 mph gusts, lots of rain....and the worst is yet to come!

andrema wrote:
I just bought all of the bread and mild that was available in central Connecticut....now I just have to figure out what to do with all of these milk cartons...damn

Build a raft for the ensuing flood!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Hope you guys are all alright ! Just getting back online. Had lost phones, and internet for the last
few days, but that was about it. Got heavy rain, and those 50mph winds, but was very fortunate
overall compared to many in N.J. ..Again, I hope all of you who had to deal with Irene are doing
o.k. out there.

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:27 am

Electricity finally back here too. We lucked out no damage; I know folks who are flooded out and have significant property damage. The storm hit pretty hard all over the East.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good night Irene!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good night Irene!!   Good night Irene!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good night Irene!!
Page 1 of 1