The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!

Go down 
+2
ramirez1970
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Empty
PostSubject: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 am

. . . . Spent another night endlessly surfing. And found another "Ooh, now that I like!". So I ordered one. I've seen them for sale used only, and they seem to go for a bunch.

It is sort of like a mini Tuna Can . . . .

Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Shc05711

. . . . gotta give it to me, I can be relentless. Or is that obsessive???

. . . What-ever, I'm going to bed.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:23 am

That is a BAD watch no doubt!

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:36 am

One of the best IMO. Nice shroud, and a Seiko Diver that exceeds 44mm. Good score!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:57 am

I love the bezel on this watch, nice one!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Its one of the watches on my want list!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Looks awesome randy! Post up when you get it, looking forward to hearing about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Shipping FedEx Overnight?
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Sweet. I love the "electric blue" dial and the somewhat subtle texturing on the dial. Despite its size, it wears very comfortably on smaller wrists, too. Looking forward to pics when it arrives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:34 pm

porschefan wrote:
Shipping FedEx Overnight?

. . . . Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Lol . . . . . I'm that predictable aren't I???? No over night, I bit the bullet and will wait for a week. I'll savour the wait . . . . . Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:37 pm

ramirez1970 wrote:
Sweet. I love the "electric blue" dial and the somewhat subtle texturing on the dial. Despite its size, it wears very comfortably on smaller wrists, too. Looking forward to pics when it arrives.

. . . . Yes, the dial texturing is what sold me on the blue. I looked at the orange model long and hard . . . . and couldn't find any pics of it showing the "waves" . . . . I take it you own this one? I was also torn on buying a quartz . . . . almost settled back to a cheaper auto or Kinetic . . . . .
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:23 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . . Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Lol . . . . . I'm that predictable aren't I???? No over night, I bit the bullet and will wait for a week. I'll savour the wait . . . . . Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_geek

Savor the wait? Now we know you've gone off the deep end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:27 pm

merichar wrote:
randyswagon wrote:

No kidding. I figured after losing all of that sleep... Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Lol
porschefan wrote:
merichar wrote:
randyswagon wrote:

No kidding. I figured after losing all of that sleep... Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Sleep

. . . all right, all right!!! I lied through my teeth. I already sent them 6 e-mails and called them 4 times . . . . Man, you guys are too much . . . . Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:10 pm

That a cool watch! I wonder if this bezel would fit a monster..
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Quote :
Yes, the dial texturing is what sold me on the blue. I looked at the orange model long and hard . . . . and couldn't find any pics of it showing the "waves" . . . . I take it you own this one? I was also torn on buying a quartz . . . . almost settled back to a cheaper auto or Kinetic . . . . .

I just can't warm up to quartz, now. That's probably why I sold the Sawtooth and a Tuna (SBBN007). I've tried ecodrive (with the Ecozilla) and kinetics (BFK and Caesar) but they're gone, also. I really like the blue Sawtooth, though. If one shows up on the sales forum, I may have to give it another try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:28 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
That a cool watch! I wonder if this bezel would fit a monster..

. . . . I'll bet Noah will know. I was going to hit him up about the hands anyways. I've seen these donr with the Tuna hands, they're beefier . . .
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:45 pm

good night Randy!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Excellent choice you made Randy !!! Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_cyclops Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_smile The bezel really does look
fantastic !..I like the sharp edges on it and that dial is just perfect !
Even the case and bracelet have some really unique aspects that look
REAL nice !!!!..Congrats to you on this sir !

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 pm

That is one killer watch. Total congrats.
Can you tell me something about it?
Size? Stainless? Obviously quartz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Randy, the seiko bug has bitten you!!! Very cool watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 pm

boscoe wrote:

. . . . Why certainly Mr.B!!! Here's the dope listed on the site . . . . It's pretty big for a Seiko, read somewhere it comes in close to 200 grams, don't know that for sure . . . but . . . .

Seiko Blue Sawtooth Quartz Professional Scuba Diver SHC057P1 SHC057P SHC057

Features:
Model : SHC059P1
Type : Divers
Metal : Stainless Steel
Movement : Quartz
Caliber: 7N36
Domed Hardlex crystal
Uni direction bezel
Screw in crown
Water resistant 200m
With original solid links, wet suit extension bracelet

Case:
Stainless steel case and caseback
Case width: 47mm
Case thickness : 12mm

. . .the quartz part was the kicker. . . . still not sure if I'm OK with it. But what the hey, giving it a shot . . . Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 pm

randyswagon wrote:
boscoe wrote:

. . . . Why certainly Mr.B!!! Here's the dope listed on the site . . . . It's pretty big for a Seiko, read somewhere it comes in close to 200 grams, don't know that for sure . . . but . . . .

Seiko Blue Sawtooth Quartz Professional Scuba Diver SHC057P1 SHC057P SHC057

Features:
Model : SHC059P1
Type : Divers
Metal : Stainless Steel
Movement : Quartz
Caliber: 7N36
Domed Hardlex crystal
Uni direction bezel
Screw in crown
Water resistant 200m
With original solid links, wet suit extension bracelet

Case:
Stainless steel case and caseback
Case width: 47mm
Case thickness : 12mm

. . .the quartz part was the kicker. . . . still not sure if I'm OK with it. But what the hey, giving it a shot . . . Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_geek

Kwel, this watch is right up my alley for size. I like em big and heavy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:21 pm

I agree that it is one beefy, cool looking watch. I like, I like!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks Randy it IS big an hefty. You will come to appreciate quartz. Remember, there's a reason quartz nearly killed the mechanical watch in the late 20th century.
Domed crystal is very special, too.
Enjoy! Can't wait to read your impressions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Nice score Randy. I love the looks of that model as well. Can't wait to see some pics on the wrist and your review of the watch. That imo is one of Seiko's more aggressive Diver designs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:44 pm

I've been thinking about getting a Sawtooth. I thought about the blue dial, but the black carbon fiber with black bezel has really got my attention. Looking forward to your pics and thoughts.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:01 pm

smokin watch Randy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!   Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Night . . . . Ordered a Sawtooth!!!
Page 1 of 1